Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Gaming Screenshots

I don't know just how many gamers we have in this forum or how many of those gamers are active at taking screenshots, but I thought it might be nice to start an ongoing thread on StatueForum where people can post up some of their favorite screenshots. I for one love taking screenshots and looking at other people's screenshots. I used to take screenshots on ocassion here and there, but over the last 4-5 years screenshots have increasingly become one of my favorite aspects to modern games, likely due to me being a photographer and the large improvements we have seen with things like graphics, lighting, textures, etc. Many games are literally getting close to becoming photographic simulators. There are now quite a few clubs on Xbox that deal specificially with clips and screenshots. I even started a few myself including Archis Domus which is specifically for architectural based screenshots.

Anyways, as I was saying, I think it would be great to have an ongoing thread on here where people can post up some of thier favorite gaming screenshots. The screens some poeple are taking these days are truly spectacular images and I would love to see some of the screens taken by other members on StatueForum.

To start things off, Ill post some of the screens I recently took playing Quantum Break. I never take screenshots on my first playthrough as I find it really kills the overall pace of the game, unless its an open world game like GTA V, Fallout, Skyrim etc. Ever since I first played Quantum Break, I have wanted to go back and take some screenshots so I finally got around to doing so this weekend.

OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wow those are very, very well done. This must be on PC correct?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:15 PM   #3
sash501
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

This is awesome. I had no interest in this game . . . now I do.
sash501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Wow those are very, very well done. This must be on PC correct?
Thanks, I appreciate the compliment and actually, these were taken on Xbox One. I do own a gaming PC but I really only use it for MMO's, strategy games, point & click adventure games, and the ocassional indie or PC exclusive. I play everything else on either my Xbox One or PS4, mostly my Xbox One as I vastly prefer the Xbox One controller over the PS4 controller and all my friends are on Xbox. I really only use my PS4 for exclusives like Uncharted. So basically I play like 99% of games that have a console version on my Xbox One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sash501 View Post
This is awesome. I had no interest in this game . . . now I do.
Its one of the most underrated games I have ever played. I absolutely loved Quantum Break. I thought it had great characters, a great story (one of the best time travelling stories I have seen to date), the acting performances were very good, and the actual shooting mechanics and gun battles are some of the best I have ever seen for a 3rd person shooter. Definitely play the game on hard as the regular setting is a bit too easy. Personally, I found Beth (the woman who helps you throughout the game) to be one of the most intriguing characters in the game and she had one of the best story elements in the game. To say anymore would spoil things for you so I will just leave it at at that.

And I loved the TV show element. Remedy was very smart to keep the TV episodes short (just 22 minutes each). That way you never feel like your being pulled away from the game aspect for too long. Had the episodes been like 45minutes to an hour...well, I think that would have wound up hurting the game but 22 minutes is short enough so you never feel like your beng torn away from the game when you don' want too. And I actually really liked the TV aspect. It added a lot more depth to the story, via new characters, and it added a lot more weight to the choices you have to make in the game.

Some games give you the illusion that your making these really important choices and that the game and story is largely effected by those choices but it really is an illusion in most cases with all paths pretty much leading to the same place. With Quantum Break, your choices actually matter and actually have very serious consequences for many characters in the game and how the story unfolds. It is the first true successful fusion of TV and gaming into a single immersive experience. If you honestly havent played it yet....well, you really should buy it and play it asap. IMO, its not only one of the best games of 2016 but also one of the best games of this generation period. I loved everything about it.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:26 AM   #5
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Here are some of my recent screens from Fallout 4. I literally have over 15 GB's of screenshots for Fallout 4, lol.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:39 AM   #6
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Old 02-04-2017, 03:47 AM   #7
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Old 02-04-2017, 04:12 AM   #8
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Question

I usually name a lot of my screenshots and as soon as I took this one, which happens to be one of my favorite Fallout 4 screens I have taken to date, the perfect name immeditay came to mind:

"After Trump Leaves Office..."

Old 02-06-2017, 06:33 PM   #9
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Wow that is a whole bunch of screenshots. The Fallout ones take me back to last year when I was obsessed with that game. I too take a number of screenshots but none of them turn out like this! Are you literally just doing the "Xbox take a screenshot" and this is what you get? Or do you edit some of the health meters and stuff out or what?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 11:45 PM   #10
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
Wow that is a whole bunch of screenshots. The Fallout ones take me back to last year when I was obsessed with that game. I too take a number of screenshots but none of them turn out like this! Are you literally just doing the "Xbox take a screenshot" and this is what you get? Or do you edit some of the health meters and stuff out or what?
Nope, these are just straight screenshots directly from Xbox One. No post editing or anything has been done to them. I have gone back on some of my GTA V screenshots in the past and edited those in programs like photoshop, but those are the only screenshots I have ever done that with. The only thing I do outside of Xbox is add a small white border (I think white borders give art in general a more professional and finsihed quality). So again, these are basically straight Xbox One screenshots. And again, this is really just the tip of the iceberg for my Fallout 4 screenshots. I literally have thousands.

In regards to the health meter or hub in the game, you can go into the games options and turn the hub opacity down to zero so it disappears from the screen. Getting rid of the hub makes a huge difference with the quality of screenshots and most games these days have that option. I'll post up some of my GTA V screenshots that I did do some post processing on. Unfortunately, I took screenshots in GTA V when it was on the XBox 360 and the screenshots were very small. Like 640x480. Its a shame that they didn't allow 1080 sized screenshots with that version and it wasn't util the XBox One and PS4 versions came out that they increased the screenshot size as by that time I was already done taking screenshots in the game. Oh well, it is what it is.