Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 PM   #891
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Looking around the whole statue in the sunlight this morning, the paint lines are pretty jacked around the whole piece. There's also scratches on the front chest and a small paint crack on the back thruster .

It's not noticeable from even a foot or two back, so I realize I'm being a bit nitpicky here, but I'm surprised the sloppy lines go around the whole piece considering how good my other XM pieces are. At the same time I do understand that painting Iron Man is very different than the other ones as any sloppy lines will be readily apparent against the glossy red.

I'm going to contact XM to see if any repairs or touch ups are possible. Also, to make sure it's an authentic piece. I did get it from a different source than all my prior XM pieces so we shall see. If worse comes to worst I may try to get a refund .
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:40 PM   #892
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post
Looking around the whole statue in the sunlight this morning, the paint lines are pretty jacked around the whole piece. There's also scratches on the front chest and a small paint crack on the back thruster .

It's not noticeable from even a foot or two back, so I realize I'm being a bit nitpicky here, but I'm surprised the sloppy lines go around the whole piece considering how good my other XM pieces are. At the same time I do understand that painting Iron Man is very different than the other ones as any sloppy lines will be readily apparent against the glossy red.

I'm going to contact XM to see if any repairs or touch ups are possible. Also, to make sure it's an authentic piece. I did get it from a different source than all my prior XM pieces so we shall see. If worse comes to worst I may try to get a refund .
that really sucks brother, sorry about that. Have you tried to register the piece on the XM website? and did it come in the original XM packaging?
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:46 PM   #893
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
that really sucks brother, sorry about that. Have you tried to register the piece on the XM website? and did it come in the original XM packaging?
All good my man. It's not the best situation, but sometimes that's life and crap happens. The XM website was giving me fits yesterday so I'm going to try to register today. It did come in the standard tank of a box that is XM packaging so I'm thinking it's a legit piece. But counterfeiters are getting better every day so it did go through my mind.
Old 03-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #894
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
what does that even mean? we are talking about this guys specific statue, not comparing XM QC in general. It doesn't make him feel any better if 99% of the other XM statues are perfect if the one he paid good (and a lot of) money for has paint slop... sheeeesh
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaFoShizzle View Post

AA909 -- I'm not sure why you decided to jump all over my a$$ because I compared XM to XM WHEN THE ORIGINAL POSTER DID THE SAME THING in his first post and his follow-up!

Cha -- That sucks that it's on the entire statue. An entire statue of scratches and bad lines is not acceptable. Good luck with the repairs and I hope it's not a recast so that something can be done.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:49 PM   #895
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Cha -- That sucks that it's on the entire statue. An entire statue of scratches and bad lines is not acceptable. Good luck with the repairs and I hope it's not a recast so that something can be done.
Luck of the draw sometimes, what can you do. I also found that a pice of the armor on the left hand broke off. Not the biggest deal as it probably happened during shipping and I can just glue it back. On another note, I was able to successfully register this piece on the XM website so the code is legit. All areas point to this being a real piece as the code works and I got the original shipping box.

I'd be lying if I didn't still have my doubts though. I sent XM an email so hopefully they can look at some pics and make a judgement. Considering the sloppy lines and scratches are kind of all over this piece I don't know if I want to go through the hassle of paying for repair plus shipping both ways. The costs of that would probably be the price of a new statue . We shall see.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #896
ChaFoShizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
I'm still waiting for mark 42 from BBTS. I have no clue why the long delay?
Did you contact BBTS?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:05 PM   #897
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Cha if you bought this from XM or a retailer of XM...its possible to send it back to them to have it fixed...if you bought it second hand / aftermarket...XM can't do anything in that regard. I would look into getting someone reputable to just fix the areas that have problems.

And no need to make excuses for anything...if it has problems bro..then it has problems and needs to be fixed. XM is not perfect...they only strive to be. You are not the only one that has had select issues with the Mark 7. Smooth Criminal had some issues with his the first time he got it...so it happens.

Hope you get it taken care of. Right now though...it sounds more like you may need to get a painter to touch up the lines and fix any other issues you may have.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 05:51 PM   #898
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
AA909 -- I'm not sure why you decided to jump all over my a$$ because I compared XM to XM WHEN THE ORIGINAL POSTER DID THE SAME THING in his first post and his follow-up!
don't get your panties in a bunch and reread your own post.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 06:38 AM   #899
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Pictures from Ami Nij

"Epic statue acquired this week"

Please donĀ“t forget to dislike the old XM Studios Europe page XM Studios Official & Exclusive European Distributor and like the new one XM Studios Exclusive European Distributor . There will be no more news on the old one. The explanation can be found on the new page.

New Page >>> XM Studios Europe Facebook <<< New Page

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM   #900
pokritz17
Hydra

just picked this guy up, he's damn fantastic...

even the gf was into the unboxing, she couldn't take her eyes off him
pokritz17 is offline   Reply With Quote