Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 06-20-2017, 12:36 AM   #2061
Smooth Criminal
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Anyone get invoice ? Can't wait for this to go with my custom cyclops and wolverine
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:31 AM   #2062
Adon
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Still have not received shipment invoice. Can't wait for mine this is a beautiful piece. Brings back a lot of memories. Amazing sculpt.
Adon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:31 PM   #2063
jrsyedb
Fantastic Four

nothing yet
jrsyedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:26 PM   #2064
poohdini
Doh!

tbh im quite dissapointed.. there have been many many promises made from Team Prototypez since this statue was for Pre Order. This statue have been delayed so many times ( first announcement, we were told that this figure would be ready around march april... its the end of June now.. I know team Prototypez are very busy with the quality control & shipping etc etc at the moment and before.. but at least give the buyers an honest answer what to expect. Shipment invoice was promised 2 a 3 weeks ago and still have not hear anything yet. I have emailed eric couple times now to cancel the order but till today (have been waiting 2 weeks) i have not received any reaction.Just very dissapointing, you are not telling me that the whole team does not have any time to give a simple reply to an email. At least put some time in your customers! I am just totally out of patient! Also there should be an option on the website where customers can cancel the order just like all other websites.
poohdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:50 PM   #2065
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

First statue?

a two month delay is like nothing in this hobby lol
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:35 PM   #2066
ZKULPTOR
MASTERING 3D!!!!!!
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohdini View Post
tbh im quite dissapointed.. there have been many many promises made from Team Prototypez since this statue was for Pre Order. This statue have been delayed so many times ( first announcement, we were told that this figure would be ready around march april... its the end of June now.. I know team Prototypez are very busy with the quality control & shipping etc etc at the moment and before.. but at least give the buyers an honest answer what to expect. Shipment invoice was promised 2 a 3 weeks ago and still have not hear anything yet. I have emailed eric couple times now to cancel the order but till today (have been waiting 2 weeks) i have not received any reaction.Just very dissapointing, you are not telling me that the whole team does not have any time to give a simple reply to an email. At least put some time in your customers! I am just totally out of patient! Also there should be an option on the website where customers can cancel the order just like all other websites.

Hi poohdini,
I apologize for not being able to cancel your order consider it cancelled no problem. I will call call Glenn again so he can cancel your order immediately.
Please email me directly at my personal email: ericksosa@mac.com

We have also been experiencing issues with our website... and trust me we didn't pay pennies for it.
However we are working since May on a new website and new checkout system, which we hope will go live when Akuma goes up for PO.
Noted on the canceling option.

Glenn has been dealing with some personal stuff, this is not an excuse, but he is the one that handles the order system. I have been very ill myself and have been bed ridden for a while. I have been back from the dead for a while now, but still coughing like an old man. I am trying to catch up with a lot of emails, I know I haven't answered all of them but it is not for a lack of trying I assure you.

As you may or may not be aware I handle all things design and sculpting wise, but I help with my share of email correspondence, I will try to help more.

You may say "well hire someone", the company doesnt have cashflow yet, Ryu's profit margin was enough to pay for the USA/Asia contracts, website, 3D prints, paying the graphic designer, painters, casters, factory, trips to the factory, food, hotels, Licensing royalties, comic con booth, etc etc.

So the short answer is we need to have at least 2 ( Akuma) releases under our belt so we can get a decent operation going,( somone to answer emails, etc.). Maybe after 5 relases we can get all the bells and whistles.

Again we are not a huge company, the company is composed of myself and Glenn. He works as do I full time at our day jobs so we can pay our bills and keep a roof over our heads ( meaning not Protoypez) . We have recently hired Miguel who is in charge of all things shipping and managing at the warehouse.

However I have taken steps to be more free from full time freelancing as to make sure I personally travel to China to make sure the qulaity is on par with what we promised people, and so far we have delivered.

While it is true we are a few weeks behind, I assure you it has been out of our hands.
As I started writing this the container was stuck until tomorrow. Then as I type this Miguel tells me he has just been told it has been released but there's no drivers available for today. Once we get the product in our warehouse then we start emailing people.

As bad as our delay is, I think we have done a decent job at not taking 2-3 years as other much larger companies have in the past. We hope with our next project we can avoid many of the stumbling blocks we found while producing Ryu and have decided to work directly with the factory versus using a middle man so we can speed up the process.

This project has been very rewarding and yet extremly intense for me personally (I am sure it has been no cake walk for Glenn either).
It has been grueling unlike anything I have ever undertaken in the industry, but I am happy to see you guys get your pieces and report back to us and share images all over the web.

All I ask is to please wait a few days more to begin getting invoices.
The truck drivers may be available soon, hopefully no later than Friday (There's a port sryke going on and I hope that doesn't affect us at all).

Then once we have the product and run an inventory, (and guys that takes time) we will be able to start invoicing hopefully early next week.

Huge apologies ot everyone and a big thanks to Anthony for all his help here on the forums.

More updates soon.
ZKULPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:53 PM   #2067
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Thanks for addressing the concerns Erick. Your track record speaks for itself. A lot of people who aren't familiar with the hobby and the turmoils behind the production-to-delivery process might get impatient but it is typical for delays that range from months to half a year past the expected delivery date. (anymore than that is too much imo). So rest assured that the more core collectors are patient and looking forward to getting these statues in their hands so please do not compromise your health or the quality to appease impatience.
Peace.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 07:58 PM   #2068
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Erick you don't have to apologize..but thanks for explaining it all..appreciate it!..If people only knew how much they would really have to pay if this wasn't available to the public. The turnaround was nothing compared to other well established companies. I'm super excited to get Ryu in 1/4th...and regretting not getting an Evil Ryu when i had the chance...And super excited to order Akuma!! Thanks for all your hard work and inspiration for me personally.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 PM   #2069
lewisnfro86
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Thought I'd share some photos of the sample Ryu I received as grand prize for winning a local super turbo tournament few weeks back. It's a pretty sweet piece. You guys are in for a treat!

*ignore the naked man behind him*

lewisnfro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:14 PM   #2070
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Say Whaaaaa!!! OMGosh, I'm certainly in for a really awesome treat!!!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote