]
Anyways, Arahom is from Brazil.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:04 PM   #72
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Perhaps it is that famous American work ethic.
I was going to respond to this, but it seemed like a lot of work
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #73
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
there you have it. two opposing speculations. end thread. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
Seriously dude, this is just sad .... Move on.

And the actual answer is it's completely irrelevant.
Each statues eBay price will rise and fall solely on its own merit.
Simplistic statues you bought solely "because boobs!" aren't likely to fund your retirement.
Epic sought after pieces will continue to command high prices regardless of whether or not ARH take over the statue world or disappear from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
You lost the money as soon as you paid for it. That is best way to look at statue collecting.

Quote:
It is kind of funny to see this stuff as any kind of investment. It's pop culture... no one is gonna care about most of it in 15-20 years. Want an artistic investment that will hold it's value? Hop on Sotheby's and buy a Rembrandt print. lol

wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 03:43 PM   #74
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Quote:
No they are not. People are just anticipating it. I don't have all the info about their current situation but I can promise you guys this... even IF Arahom had to seek bankruptcy protection from his creditors, he will continue to produce statues. Perhaps at a much reduced pace but here's the thing.. he's not a quitter. He's a fighter. He has nothing else. His entire life and career revolve around these statues. He's not the kind of guy to throw in the towel and take a regular 9-5 job to pay bills. He'd rather go hungry making statues and trying to fulfill his dreams than feed himself with the monotony of a 'career'. I got a very intimate view of this guy and his history making statues as far back as his teen years in Brazil. He's had more adversity in his life than most people. He certainly rubs people the wrong way occasionally and I think the current circumstances he is in, are a result of the success he had for a few solid years. Perhaps he over-reached. Now the company is shrinking a bit as logic dictates. Arahom has faced adversity far worse than this. But he NEVER stopped making statues. Bankruptcy or not, he'll soldier on. And I'm certain he will deliver the statues that people have paid for. Perhaps not always in a timely manner but he's not the kind of guy that throws up his hands and walks away.
Quote:
First of all his current treatment of customers is a DIRECT result of his over reaching. He's always had a spotty relationship with people at the best of times but the fact that he has over extended himself is just making him more stressed. Jonathan Dewar kind of proves my point in a way. He only delivers what he has available because he doesn't over extend himself. But trust me, he's a long way off from running an operation as complex as Arahom's. The truth is, the people on this fourm represent a pretty small portion of Arahom's customers. The people that are frustrated with the situation tend to be more vocal. There are hundreds of people that get their statues and we never hear a peep from them. Back to the point though - I'm just pointing out that a bankruptcy will have no effect on the aftermarket prices of his statues. First of all, you'll probably never know if he seeks bankruptcy protection because he would never make it public. Second, he won't stop making statues... shrink the size of the company more? Yeah. But stop. No.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:29 PM   #75
Wombat
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post

Once Hades comes up for pre-order I intend to order on the first day.
Good luck.
Wombat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:31 PM   #76
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I check this section every once in a while to see how bad things are getting with ARH. I love reading bad news about these assholes. I feel bad for current customers though. I tried my best to warn people.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:55 AM   #77
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
I check this section every once in a while to see how bad things are getting with ARH. I love reading bad news about these assholes. I feel bad for current customers though. I tried my best to warn people.
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 01:25 AM   #78
|Tch0rT|
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I'll always have a soft spot for ARH and I've done what I could for him even since leaving.

I'm new to this stuff but from what I gathered you did the sculpt of the Frazetta DD on Horse (and the other Frazetta pieces)? If so I'd just like to tell you how much of an amazing piece DD on Horse is. It's my first statue and everyone who's seen it has their jaw drop to the floor and no one I know is even into statues, even the people who thought I tossed money down the drain were blown away by it when they saw it. I actually even like it better than the source material (sorry Frank lol) and that's one of my favorite pieces of art.
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:51 AM   #79
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by |Tch0rT| View Post
I'm new to this stuff but from what I gathered you did the sculpt of the Frazetta DD on Horse (and the other Frazetta pieces)? If so I'd just like to tell you how much of an amazing piece DD on Horse is. It's my first statue and everyone who's seen it has their jaw drop to the floor and no one I know is even into statues, even the people who thought I tossed money down the drain were blown away by it when they saw it. I actually even like it better than the source material (sorry Frank lol) and that's one of my favorite pieces of art.
That's amazing to hear and I appreciate it. I won't lie... it was a real struggle..
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 07:25 PM   #80
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I didn't want to get in an argument with anyone so I didn't say anything before and I certainly have no inside information but I agree with ReTardist 100%.

I have dealt with Arahom for many years going back to his days in Brazil and even when his house burned down and he lost everything he owned including his dog he still soldiered on and people got their stuff.

Once Hades comes up for pre-order I intend to order on the first day.
I intend the same
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote