Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Regular Edition PCS Akuma for my US$1450
Great Deal, Take It! 13 21.67%
Average Deal 14 23.33%
Bad Deal, wait for a cheaper one 33 55.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-02-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
Zangief
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Akuma REG Value?

Hello fellow collectors, I have a question to ask you:
Is a Reg Akuma worth $1450 US dollars?

I have the opportunity to buy one at this price, and it would complete my SF collection so far, so I am tempted.

I know that a lot of you say "it's worth what you think its worth" or something like that, but what I wanna know is in the future, do you think I would have trouble selling it at this price and do you think that the deal is bad, average, or good.

PS. I did go on Toy Tracker and only 2 in the past year have sold so far, one at 1027 on an auction and the other a 1500 buy it now

Thanks for your input!
Zangief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:08 PM   #2
Rquiem
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zangief View Post
Hello fellow collectors, I have a question to ask you:
Is a Reg Akuma worth $1450 US dollars?

I have the opportunity to buy one at this price, and it would complete my SF collection so far, so I am tempted.

I know that a lot of you say "it's worth what you think its worth" or something like that, but what I wanna know is in the future, do you think I would have trouble selling it at this price and do you think that the deal is bad, average, or good.

PS. I did go on Toy Tracker and only 2 in the past year have sold so far, one at 1027 on an auction and the other a 1500 buy it now

Thanks for your input!
Well it's close to what it's been sold for for some time now. (some higher, most lower 1200-ish)

But I guess the thing is, does it have this value for you as a collector?
If it's something you are willing to spend the money for, do it! I for one bailed and sold 2/are selling 2 of the other SF statues I had.
Although I already miss my Cammy..... That was one hot momma.

But like I said, as a collector, if you find that price right, and i think you do, then go for it. And complete one of the best available series known to collectors.

My 2 cents
Rquiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

is it worth it?

hmmm...I think only you can answer that.

you ask an owner if it's worth it, then 99% he/she is going to say the obvious answer "YES"

you ask someone who would never spend over $500 on a statue, then he/she is going to say "NO"

if you want it so badly, then put a bid on it of whatever the going rate that you are comfortable with...and then hope you win.

all of these statues price can plummet back to regular price 5 years from now...no one can predict it...but you can say to yourself that you are happy in owning such piece...that's what matter the most...

EVERYDAY...price on statues fluctuates up and down. We have seen rare piece go for $2000 one day, and then $1200 the next month, etc.

from my experience, I paid $1500 for Doom Exclusive...I have seen it on eBay for $1800 one day...and then $1200... Even if it goes to $300, I wouldn't care...what matters to me is that I own a Doom Exclusive. If you think that way, then you'll be much better off instead of thinking how much you are losing on it. Enjoy it..don't look at it as an investment. Look at the things you buy everyday...I mean..I bet none of them hold values right?

good luck.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:17 PM   #4
Zangief

Nice advice, but I always look at it as an investment, its just the way I am. In the future if I need cash I would like to know if what I bought can be resold for at least as much as I bought it for.
Would I buy something for 1450 if I knew that I wasn't going to be able to resell it? I don't know, but I do know I certainly wouldn't buy it spontaneously.

I guess I'm at a point where I really want a shin, and I want one so bad that I am willing to settle for a Reg Akuma, cause there really isn't that big a difference. Problem is every street fighter statue I have is an EX except for Zangief which I have the EX and a Reg.

I wouldn't mind breaking the EX cycle though cause they are really expensive compared to the Reg's most of the time, even though there isn't that much difference.

I don't even know what I'm saying anymore I'm just going off on a tangent so I'm gonna stop now.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #5
El Pulento
The InJustice League

In the end, "it's what ever makes you sleep at night baby"..... If you have the money and can afford it?.. Why not...
El Pulento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
MinMay

no one in here is going to guarantee you that whatever price you pay today...you'll get it back in the future if you need cash. if someone told you that, then he/she is fooling you.

again, if you are willing to complete your collection by spending $1450, then it's up to you. This is an expensive hobby that you are playing around with....

one of my friend gave this money manager investment company $500,000 to invest for him....after a year, he saw his account $250,000. Even the so called "expert" can't guarantee when it comes to "investment"
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:35 PM   #7
Zangief

Not asking for a guarantee, just wanna know peoples personal opinions on the reg value, and yea, this is certainly an expensive hobby, which makes it that much more difficult to decide, cause I certainly do have a limited amount of cash for these things.

Oh decisions, decisions...
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
T-Jam
I am da law!

hi zangief. just thought i'd add my 2 cents into the pot as well. i believe you should hold off on the reg and wait for the shin. you sound like you prefer the shin way more and your just settling for the reg. dont blow 1400 bucks on something you have to settle for. wait a little longer, who knows what will come your way tomorrow. as minmay said, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to sell the reg for what you paid when a shin comes your way. and it will, trust me. and as many times as you try and tell yourself there's no bid gifference, deep down you know there is. lol. i say wait for the one you really want. good luck brother
T-Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
Ricky Bobby

1450 is 200 dollars more than the last sale of a regular Akuma,if you are like me,i could live with paying a little extra.However investment wise...you are probably not gonna make any money on it,you might even take a loss.But Akuma is a an awesome statue and sick character...almost nothing in this world would stop me to get one
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
francois_nor
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

i'm the same way about buying any statue, especially a very expensive one, it's my nature to think about the fact if it will keep its value? i personally think that 1450$ is too much, but not by a lot!!!
My personal opinion is: Try to make a smaller offer for him and he doesn't bite pay the 1450$, enjoy the statue, enjoy your full Street fighter collection and if in the future u ever need the money (i hope u never do) u can alway sell it for 1200$. U will lose some money on it but consider that lost a rent fee that u payed for enjoying a bad a$$ statue!
francois_nor is offline   Reply With Quote