Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 07-21-2012, 05:47 AM   #271
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
.... That alone, keeps me from getting more then a couple female statues. I think the HT female dolls would be even worse then the statues. ...
then don't get them and leave the people who do like these and want these alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatueHunter75 View Post
No he's not interested at all but I am. I would like a shot to be your official statue reviewer on youtube at Statuehunter75.
you're not the only one that wants to do that I really need to buy a camera so I can do both written as video reviews ^^ but for now, my written review on DIMIC has to be sufficient to convince people to buy these wonderful statues
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #272
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'd love a job at GG, especially in the marketing department, working at GG must be awesome, probably alot of pressure, but massively rewarding.

If I'm honest, the main reason why I'm "white knighting" this range is because a) well, I really want them and b) I'm worried that if enough people react negatively towards the range, it may die in it's infancy....

I get that this range isn't for some people, I don't agree with some of the sketchy reasoning why, but then I guess I don't have to, people are entitled to spend their money on what they want. I guess the positive aspect to come out of the negative views is that this range needs a story!! While I don't necessarily agree, I do love a good story
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:34 AM   #273
Outhsider
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Some of my female friends loves my female statues so no problems with that.
But either way, I will still buy this line, storyline or not.
Outhsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #274
aeumuse
Hydra

Dunno about others, but apart from the obvious sexy aspect and realistic faces of this line, I'm particularly attracted to the stylistic or artsy retro vibe some of these characters give off, somewhat along the lines of Phil Noto's art, which I feel would look classy displayed together

I think this has huge potential & really look forward to seeing this line takes off cos I foresee myself getting a couple down the road if finances permit.
aeumuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #275
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'd love a job at GG, especially in the marketing department, working at GG must be awesome, probably alot of pressure, but massively rewarding.

If I'm honest, the main reason why I'm "white knighting" this range is because a) well, I really want them and b) I'm worried that if enough people react negatively towards the range, it may die in it's infancy....

I get that this range isn't for some people, I don't agree with some of the sketchy reasoning why, but then I guess I don't have to, people are entitled to spend their money on what they want. I guess the positive aspect to come out of the negative views is that this range needs a story!! While I don't necessarily agree, I do love a good story
I wouldn't worry about that. Apparently theres some coward running around deleting unfavorable posts regarding this line. Which I don't get. No matter how negative someone may speak of a product I want, I still get it. Aayla PF for example. But, whatever. This line will be fine. I'm sure GG is shelling out good money to make sure of that.
Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #276
Luminous
Cyclops

Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Anyway, I definitely got a Phil Noto vibe from some of these. Particularly from the race track girl (Fireball?).
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #277
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Yeah fireball. To me she looks like she was pulled right out of an old 007 film. I really like her design.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:43 PM   #278
johnclone
The Enchantress

na na, nana nana, hey hey hey goodbye
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:01 AM   #279
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Long time coming if you ask me.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 02:24 AM   #280
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Instersting names they the girls other than their codenames.

Whisper: Jenny Vicious
Lucky: Silver Bloodlust
Fieeball: Junior Dosochos
Derby: Shelby Fastback

Shelby is obvious named after a Carroll Shelby Mustang Fastback. Not sure why a girl would be named "Junior". Any thoughts as to the origins or influence of the other names?
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote