Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 04-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #2631
ukshaun
Hercules

Both statues look great. The shipping issue of sending two of the same statues to one buyer sounds like a major screw up. Maybe it makes sense to order just one statue at a time

From what i've send here, PCS are going to have do some sort of deal with the shipping companies involved, or foot the cost.

Imagine when Chun-Li 1/3 arrives, and buyers start receiving 3 of the same Chun-Li. I should be ok, as i ordered just one Chun-Li. Fingers crossed they send the correct one
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 07:17 AM   #2632
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
The blade is metal and the handle pommel and guard are plastic, but the blade is painted silver.
Why add weight and cost of metal only to paint it silver?
Easier/cheaper to paint than polish. Its a shame, I expected it to look better also. It doesn't look bad, just not like the prototype that did "glisten" like you said.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #2633
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
I called them yesterday again, same status, no progress and no idea what to do, but they will handle the issue, whatever this means
I got a response today. They want me to return both war paints and they will send me out another set. I’m like why? They said the beach versions were sent to someone else. I got 2 war paints #2 and #3.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:45 PM   #2634
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I got a response today. They want me to return both war paints and they will send me out another set. I’m like why? They said the beach versions were sent to someone else. I got 2 war paints #2 and #3.
Send that warpaint directly to me frobay and I will call pop culture and tell them that their order to me is fulfilled.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 05:31 PM   #2635
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Brian View Post
The end of the shipping list?

I got my AP last Friday, but I pre paid shipping in December, so maybe that is why?
Forget what I said, they told me things they don't do, I just receive my CONAN numbered....
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #2636
FROBAY
Phoenix

This was my most anticipated statue for a long time, only to be met with another hassle. I've got a few pre orders from back in the day, then I'm out until I see them headed in a new direction.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:27 AM   #2637
warhead

Got my warpaint earlier today, though it’s not very movie accurate, yet I am still impressed at how good it looks, I ran out of daylight to take any accurate pics, there was a small downer, the wheel of pain necklace is broken and I can’t find the broken piece, still very happy.

I plan to beef up the paint to look a little more realistic and a little more movie accurate, I also plan to tone down the kabuki warpaint a little to let the flesh color come through a little more.

I am very impressed with the 2 Conan’s I got, I think I like the warpaint a little more than the retail beach version, though that was pretty badass also.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:24 PM   #2638
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Got my beach version...and I absolutely love it!! Better than I expected. Now I regret having sold my war paint version pre-order. I would actually have liked to have both displayed together. Have it displayed with the sideshow Fury of the Beast Conan and they look good together.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:19 PM   #2639
warhead

Freakin WOW! Finished my to do checklist on this, 1st I worked in some flesh tones to fade and weather the warpaint a little, redid the hair because it was very drab, redid the blood work to make it a little more movie accurate, weathered all the leather with dry brushing and washes, redid the blood work on sword, changed out the fur around the groin area with a shorter cropped fur that I had leftover from previous projects, the original fur though it looked good, looked a little long strand wise.
Also changed out the leather part of necklace, it was stretched out, I used the wheel of pain ornament from my retail beach version because the warpaint one was broken and was missing the broken piece, I made some adjustments to the WOP so it could seat properly on his chest, I should get a replacement WOP ornament to put back on the retail version, I really couldn’t be happier with the end results.

Link to some before and afters on next page.
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....postcount=2643

Old 04-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #2640
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Freakin WOW!
Yes that is a very furry sword sheath

Seriously though nice pics. In yours you can really make out the hair colors. They did a good job on that.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote