Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 10-31-2022, 09:32 AM   #201
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

The mask looks really cool. In the 90s, I have always followed the movie Mask, cartoons and magazines. He is my favorite character. There are even a few mask figures of the Toy Island brand in my collection. I am still collecting. When the project is finished, a very nice job will come out completely. I wish you success.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:36 AM   #202
SONICobra
Batman

more project updates...

the GOON! this has been in the works a couple years, kind of picking away at it. the arms and gloves were challenging so i had to take a break. the base came together quicker than i was expecting, it actually ended up looking a little better than the original concept. hes ready for paint but ill be sending to him to a tailor this winter for pants and shirt

base statue - sabretooth pf
potrait by Sumit Malhotra @sumitmalhotra.art
printed by Ed Bradley @heypainterguy

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 09:36 AM   #203
SONICobra
Batman

and heres spawn! this seems like such an obvious project idea character wise as i have wanted a 1/4 scale spawn for years. one day i saw an artist on instagram @robscreaturehouse had converted an og deadpool pf into spawn and i was annoyed i hadnt thought of doing that first. but it planted the idea of doing my own spawn, once i found the right base statue it was off to the races. this one is still a work in progress, ill see how far i can get with it this year

Old 10-31-2022, 09:43 AM   #204
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
The mask looks really cool. In the 90s, I have always followed the movie Mask, cartoons and magazines. He is my favorite character. There are even a few mask figures of the Toy Island brand in my collection. I am still collecting. When the project is finished, a very nice job will come out completely. I wish you success.
the mask is a pretty special character to me, admittedly i was not aware of the comics until the movie came out but i was blown away by the art once i discovered it. my aunt also applied the make up for jim carrey on that movie (a few others too). that was my favorite movie for a long while and the first statue i ever remember seeing was a mask statue at my local comic store when i was a youngster. so this one seemed like a no brainer
Old 10-31-2022, 09:49 AM   #205
jeremydmc
Black Panther

A lot of nice projects going at the same time. Cannot wait to see them all finished!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:06 AM   #206
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
the mask is a pretty special character to me, admittedly i was not aware of the comics until the movie came out but i was blown away by the art once i discovered it. my aunt also applied the make up for jim carrey on that movie (a few others too). that was my favorite movie for a long while and the first statue i ever remember seeing was a mask statue at my local comic store when i was a youngster. so this one seemed like a no brainer
It's nice to have memories of the mask character. This sculpture project, which reminds of the old times, must be a lot of fun for you. Also, it's amazing that your aunt put on makeup for Jim Carrey in the movie. I'm sure your aunt shared many memories of the movie with you. It's a very good chance.
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 10:27 AM   #207
GaryTonge
Kingpin

These projects look amazing!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 11:40 AM   #208
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

You're really talented. I like your projects very much
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:37 AM   #209
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

very exciting custom projects. hope we can see some finished painted custom statues soon.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 12:36 AM   #210
Thor57
Teen Titans

Awesome work man.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote