Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-23-2015, 01:35 PM   #31
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Good points, and I can totally see that that is most likely what DC/WB thought as well. I can also see them going with John Stewart for the next go-round with GL. Personally, being more of a Marvel fan over the years I don't really care too much, as long as their choices make the movie better. Having said that, Marvel has not always gone the way I thought or hoped with their films, and so far they haven't gone wrong. Let's hope DC/WB knows what they're doing as well.
Totally. I am the same, but opposite of yourself, as a bigger DC fan though I also love Marvel. Marvel did a few things that were departures from things I loved and hoped to see on film, but as you said it has worked out for the best 90% of the time.

I was choked when they announced that Cap would fight the more PC "Hydra" as opposed to the Nazi's head on. The reality is that Marvel Studio's did a great job of it and was able to create a thread that will lend them serviceable material for years. What I wanted would have been the sweetest period piece ever, but ultimately be frozen there. Hopefully the moves that DC/WB are making yield equally as enjoyable results.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:43 PM   #32
adee
Green Arrow

Is he from Atlantis or is he Polynesian?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:51 PM   #33
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
Is he from Atlantis or is he Polynesian?
Aquaman is from Atlantis in the film as far as I know. The only rumored change is that there is a confirmed link between the Atlanteans and Amazons which may make Aquaman and Wonder Woman cousins.

The Polynesian aspect arose from Mamoa speaking about how honored he was to be playing the "King of the Sea" based on the cultural significance the sea has for him due to his Polynesian ancestry. Personally I love it when actors embrace their characters like this. It is what really endeared the likes of Hugh Jackman or even Andrew Garfield to me.
Old 02-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #34
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Aquaman is from Atlantis in the film as far as I know. The only rumored change is that there is a confirmed link between the Atlanteans and Amazons which may make Aquaman and Wonder Woman cousins.

The Polynesian aspect arose from Mamoa speaking about how honored he was to be playing the "King of the Sea" based on the cultural significance the sea has for him due to his Polynesian ancestry. Personally I love it when actors embrace their characters like this. It is what really endeared the likes of Hugh Jackman or even Andrew Garfield to me.
After reading this article it just sounded to me like they are changing his origins.
http://screenrant.com/jason-momoa-aq...g-explanation/
Old 02-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #35
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
After reading this article it just sounded to me like they are changing his origins.
http://screenrant.com/jason-momoa-aq...g-explanation/
Thanks for sharing. I interpreted that article as they were using island/Polynesian culture as a major building block for the Atlantean one in the film. I could be wrong but we will have to wait for the film(s) to see I guess.
Old 02-23-2015, 05:35 PM   #36
adee
Green Arrow

So the intent was to make him cooler. Can't have him surfing on dolphins and all.
I'm willing to see how it goes. I enjoyed him as Drogo and even Conan to some extent.
Making WW and Aquaman cousins makes me
Old 02-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #37
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
So the intent was to make him cooler. Can't have him surfing on dolphins and all.
I'm willing to see how it goes. I enjoyed him as Drogo and even Conan to some extent.
Making WW and Aquaman cousins makes me
I agree. To be honest I think that the "cousins" thing is a result of their sprint to try and catch up to Marvel Studios. Get two origins explained and out of the way all quick and dirty.
Old 04-10-2015, 03:16 PM   #38
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

James Wan in line to direct.
http://screenrant.com/aquaman-movie-...s-7-james-wan/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #39
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote: