Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-29-2018, 09:00 PM   #471
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
I really like the sculpt and pose, it's an awesome looking piece and one of my favorite spidey villains. But no rush ordering this. Will wait for the FB BST grey market sellers to start offering this at a good price after it starts shipping.
Good idea, a low ES with MTO doesn't mean much with new stuff constantly around the corner, patience is a virtue in this hobby.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 10:38 PM   #472
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I don’t disagree that deal may come up after the fact but how long will wait be ? Small ES MTO means most buyers really want that character so getting it after it’s sold out will be tougher. It doesn’t change anything on shipping costs. Who would want to order an XM outside shipping zone to give away lots of money in import and shipping . There are few retailers here in US that can get better rates but I just don’t see people getting their way anymore like when there was a ES of 999 across the board . I guess time will tell

Oh forgot to mention in 20 plus years I’ve collected this is first Doc Ock made in 1/4 that’s licensed. What’s around the corner ? More Doc Ocks? Yeah right . Sideshow has proven that they won’t attempt anything other than blue chip characters . It will be a long ass wait for another one of these guys . My two cents
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:05 AM   #473
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Those days are over my friend . It’s MTO . Look at XM scorpion he’s sold out with edition size of 300 . He will not sell less than retail they just won’t over produce these like early villains . No more warehouse hoarding etc etc. New ball game
XM scorpion is sold out where? on the XM website LMAO!
let's see what scorpion is selling for on the FB BST groups ~12 months after it starts shipping.

I would wait and see how it plays out before claiming "its a new ball game". Look at weapon X which was also MTO and is much more popular than this piece. Selling below retail+shipping on BST groups now. Prices are dropping for pretty much 80%+ of new statues.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:11 AM   #474
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I agree with you Subby1938.. The MTO is going to change alot of things.
let's wait and see, you guys are discounting the overall volume of statues that are being released. There are people selling their HB preorder right now at retail on XM BST groups and no one is biting. And HB was supposed to be the grail of grails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Good idea, a low ES with MTO doesn't mean much with new stuff constantly around the corner, patience is a virtue in this hobby.
exactly. there will still be the "must have grail" that retains value, but IMO ~80% of statues being released nowadays will be had for less in time. I've stopped PO'ing unless it's a must have for me. Patience...
Old 09-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #475
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Then buy it ? Hulkbuster just came out and is over 3K anyways . That’s retail not everyone can buy pieces that expensive . You did it would drop it’s clearly retail plus 1K shipping

Scorpion also sold out on Spec fiction site. Just saying . You act like you have this insider info about pricing that no one else has . Honestly who cares. I buy what I want when I want !
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:21 AM   #476
ambasah
Red Skull

scorpion will command a premium in the aftermarket. there are lots of guys who want to have all the spidey villains. all the rest have about double (if not higher) an edition size.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:37 AM   #477
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Then buy it ? Hulkbuster just came out and is over 3K anyways . That’s retail not everyone can buy pieces that expensive . You did it would drop it’s clearly retail plus 1K shipping

Scorpion also sold out on Spec fiction site. Just saying . You act like you have this insider info about pricing that no one else has . Honestly who cares. I buy what I want when I want !
why so angry? you share your thoughts as though it's fact but I'm not allowed to share my opinion?

BTW spec fiction "sell out" LOL!! they're not an authorized dealer, they got some grey market allocation. you think that's insider information?

anyway, don't take my post so personally bro, I'm making an observation. It's cool if we don't agree. like I said earlier, let's wait to see how these are selling ~12 months after they start shipping.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #478
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
scorpion will command a premium in the aftermarket. there are lots of guys who want to have all the spidey villains. all the rest have about double (if not higher) an edition size.
ok let's see how it plays out. I'm in no rush, but doc ock is a nice piece that I think I can pick up down the road at a discount. But Hope you enjoy it when yours arrives
Old 09-30-2018, 11:44 AM   #479
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:

Oh forgot to mention in 20 plus years I’ve collected this is first Doc Ock made in 1/4 that’s licensed. What’s around the corner ? More Doc Ocks? Yeah right . Sideshow has proven that they won’t attempt anything other than blue chip characters . It will be a long ass wait for another one of these guys . My two cents
Sideshow have made plenty of lower tier Marvel characters (Man-Thing, Madame Hydra, Abomination, Nick Fury, Venomsaurus, Magik, Lady Deadpool, Silk, Jane Foster Thor, etc).
I think the reason Doc Ock doesn't get made much is the logistics of his tentacles and the engineering that is required for a 1:4 version, XM scrapped their first attempt because the engineering wouldn't work.
If you make the tentacles pose-able then they could look cheap but if you make them out of polystone then they are likely to break, so then you have to make them thicker and slightly shorter, he is a tricky one to get right but XM looks like they have nailed it with their final version.

I really hope Sideshow have Doc in the works, I've always wanted a Spidey VS Doc Ock Diorama.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 12:34 PM   #480
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I don’t disagree that deal may come up after the fact but how long will wait be ?
With cancellations and the occasional buyers remorse you’ll find a lot for a bargain earlier than you might expect. And looking at the MTO numbers XM appear to round up a bit, for example 293 orders —> 300, (as obviously exactly 300 people didn't order scorpion) in which case if XM is able to produce 300 statues in 12 months, you’ll start to see the remaining floating in market sooner rather than later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
there will still be the "must have grail" that retains value, but IMO ~80% of statues being released nowadays will be had for less in time. I've stopped PO'ing unless it's a must have for me. Patience[/B]...
Agreed and same here.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote