Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2019, 11:40 PM   #1671
MrBirkin62
The Spirit

So I got broken necklace. Emailed sideshow two weeks ago. Never heard back but got replacement necklace in mail today. Undamaged.
MrBirkin62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 PM   #1672
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
Sideshow's website is having serious problems for over a week now...
Thought I was going crazy. The site is still buggy. Pages are timing out left and right.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #1673
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hey guys, so I heard back from sideshow today and they've offered me a full statue replacement and told me that the replacement will actually be an artist proof. Alternatively they've offered me a full refund. They've given me a few days to consider my options.

I've never had an artist proof of anything before, whats the difference really and does this sound like a good option? The only thing putting me off again is the possibility that, maybe because I'm in the UK, I'll have to pay customs fees again. I'm also dreading boxing this back up given the damage whicj is likely to happen. I was expecting them to tell me to smash it to bits if they offered me a replacement but I guess they figure they can fix it or something?
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:40 PM   #1674
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Hey guys, so I heard back from sideshow today and they've offered me a full statue replacement and told me that the replacement will actually be an artist proof. Alternatively they've offered me a full refund. They've given me a few days to consider my options.

I've never had an artist proof of anything before, whats the difference really and does this sound like a good option? The only thing putting me off again is the possibility that, maybe because I'm in the UK, I'll have to pay customs fees again. I'm also dreading boxing this back up given the damage whicj is likely to happen. I was expecting them to tell me to smash it to bits if they offered me a replacement but I guess they figure they can fix it or something?
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #1675
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I have an "artist proof Conan" it's where someone scribbles on the bottom with a pen and claims its Jerry Mac"s actual signature.
(he has verified that it is not)
#Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 08:55 PM   #1676
#Brian
Shadowhawk

I have an "artist proof Conan" it's where someone scribbles on the bottom with a pen and claims its Jerry Mac"s actual signature.
(he has verified that it is not)
Old 02-13-2019, 10:04 PM   #1677
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The lack of explanation for those "artist proofs" just shows how stupid the new ownership thinks we are. Who signed the bases? Is he/she an artist? If it's a random Chinese factory worker, then that's not exactly artist proof, is it? They should then say that these are replacement extras in addition to the announced ES. I'd estimate 150 + 35 full Goros or so.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 PM   #1678
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
If it's a random Chinese factory worker
That would actualy be ironicaly comical if the factory workers would sign the AP's not giving an F...same time it would not be misplaced as they actualy worked on it...
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:37 AM   #1679
#Brian
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
The lack of explanation for those "artist proofs" just shows how stupid the new ownership thinks we are. Who signed the bases? Is he/she an artist? If it's a random Chinese factory worker, then that's not exactly artist proof, is it? They should then say that these are replacement extras in addition to the announced ES. I'd estimate 150 + 35 full Goros or so.
It's even worse than lack of explanation in the case if the Conan APs. It's a flat out lie. I understand that the company changed hands during the Conan production, but to make up an elaborate lie claiming they sent bases to Jerry in CA and he signed them and they glued them on in house. It seemed fishy all along, and didn't surprise me when the truth came out.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:48 AM   #1680
daemerz
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

newer AP's from pcs are basically replacement units
daemerz is offline   Reply With Quote