Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 07-23-2018, 05:59 PM   #1091
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Not sure how much I like those blue lines going through Superman man's hair.
I guess it's a throwback to how dark hair was usually portrayed in the comic-books with the old coloring.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 02:20 PM   #1092
dadarkknight
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Man I would like another look at the trinity designer series statue because I want to preorder it but I’m not a fan of the changes and the fact that Supes and a Bats went back to they’re old costumes in the books now.
dadarkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:59 PM   #1093
jrr
Doh!

Hey all, first time posting here. I came across this forum after searching for some help with a recent purchase in this series, and this seems like a good hub for info.

I recently purchased the Harley Quinn statue with the smoking gun. It wasn't till a while after having it on display that I realized the gun was missing its smoke. I must've not noticed it before tossing the box, as I didn't even consider it when I was unbocing.

So my question: What are my chances of being able to find a replacement for it? I thought about contacting the manufacturer in case they'd have spares to give out, but as far I can tell that's just DC in general, and I didn't think going throught their general contact info would help.

Any insight? Or am I SOL on this?
jrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 04:34 PM   #1094
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrr View Post
Hey all, first time posting here. I came across this forum after searching for some help with a recent purchase in this series, and this seems like a good hub for info.

I recently purchased the Harley Quinn statue with the smoking gun. It wasn't till a while after having it on display that I realized the gun was missing its smoke. I must've not noticed it before tossing the box, as I didn't even consider it when I was unbocing.

So my question: What are my chances of being able to find a replacement for it? I thought about contacting the manufacturer in case they'd have spares to give out, but as far I can tell that's just DC in general, and I didn't think going throught their general contact info would help.

Any insight? Or am I SOL on this?
1) Never throw away any packaging.

2) DC does not offer replacement parts, so your best bet is to look on eBay for damaged/defective statues that still have the puff of smoke.

3) You might also try watching Amazon, where sometimes people sell damaged/defective statues at steep discounts. That's another way to get spare/cannibalized parts. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CARA7FI
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:01 PM   #1095
jrr
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
1) Never throw away any packaging.

2) DC does not offer replacement parts, so your best bet is to look on eBay for damaged/defective statues that still have the puff of smoke.

3) You might also try watching Amazon, where sometimes people sell damaged/defective statues at steep discounts. That's another way to get spare/cannibalized parts. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CARA7FI
Thanks for the response! Good to get a hard no on the replacement part there so I know not to investigate that route further. I'll keep an eye out for defective ones up for sale, though I'd be surprised if I ever catch one cheap enough for what I'd be willing to pay for just one small part.

As for 1), I used to keep all packaging, but at a certain point I was running out of closet space and it felt like I was hoarding junk. Ultimately I don't collect with the interest of reselling, so I'm not too worried about it outside of dumb slip-ups like this. Though I'll probably get in the habit of hanging on to it for longer instead of immediately tossing to avoid this in the future.
jrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 02:35 PM   #1096
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrr View Post
As for 1), I used to keep all packaging, but at a certain point I was running out of closet space and it felt like I was hoarding junk. Ultimately I don't collect with the interest of reselling, so I'm not too worried about it outside of dumb slip-ups like this. Though I'll probably get in the habit of hanging on to it for longer instead of immediately tossing to avoid this in the future.
Well, keep the packaging just in case you need to move or clear the house for fumigation.
Old 08-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #1097
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

I love this series. I’ll be snagging Jim Lee Supes.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:15 PM   #1098
Gothamite
Phoenix

The little Jim Lee New 52 Batman statue is getting a blue/grey variant at GameStop.

https://www.gamestop.com/product/col...amestop/163385

Old 08-06-2018, 05:07 PM   #1099
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The little Jim Lee New 52 Batman statue is getting a blue/grey variant at GameStop.

https://www.gamestop.com/product/col...amestop/163385

Is this 1/6 scale?
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:11 PM   #1100
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Is this 1/6 scale?
No, it's still 1/10-scale.