Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-17-2018, 12:52 PM   #161
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
Which are the most important orcs in the series? Can’t afford these all but was hoping to pick up a couple of them.
In regards to the warcraft series as a whole this is the story of the original game Warcraft: Orcs and Humans so most don't remember it. The above post does have the important ones in the movie.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 01:42 PM   #162
Vader
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickm3849 View Post
Durotan and Orgrim on the "good" side and Gul'dan and Blackhand on the "Bad"side. The others don't play an important role in the movie but all in all, most of them are the leaders of the different orc clans in their world.
thanks. I'll start with those. how important is hellscream? and which ones do you like the best?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #163
dao2
Cyclops

I'm not super familiar with warcraft lore but I don't think Grommash as alive during the events of the movie ;p
Old 02-17-2018, 05:12 PM   #164
patrickm3849
Justice League

Quote:
thanks. I'll start with those. how important is hellscream? and which ones do you like the best?
Hellscream plays a bigger role in the future, even his son Garrosh was an important character in the World Of Warcraft lore a few years ago.

My favouite statues are Gul'dan and Blackhand but Medivh is also very nice. I think it will end with a purchase of Gul'dan is the quality is okay. For the others, I wish I had the room for them :P
patrickm3849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:49 PM   #165
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Grom Hellscream is arguably the most important and popular orc character in the entire franchise. Up there with Gul'dan and Thrall.

He had maybe 30 seconds of screen time in the film though, and his only speaking lines were in a deleted scene.

The most popular/important characters in the film however are Durotan, his right hand Orgrim, and Gul'dan and his (sort of) right hand Warchief Blackhand.

As far as personal favorites go, Blackhand was the most visually striking and intricate design in the film in my opinion, so he is probably my favorite.

I think the best looking statues are Gul'dan, Orgrim, Blackhand, Phicen's first Durotan, and Darkscar.

Kilrogg's pose isn't very interesting and they didn't put warpaint on his body like he has in the film. Don't like Grommash's pose and the head sculpt seems very inaccurate.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 01:17 AM   #166
dao2
Cyclops

gul'dan is popular? o_0 he's a huge douche in the movie ;p
Old 02-18-2018, 03:27 AM   #167
Xenoburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
gul'dan is popular? o_0 he's a huge douche in the movie ;p
He can be both evil & popular. In fact, that's why he's popular.

He's a classically evil character, like the Emperor. Very popular in the Warcraft franchise.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #168
Vader
Ghost

[QUOTE=Xenoburger;5571488]Grom Hellscream is arguably the most important and popular orc character in the entire franchise. Up there with Gul'dan and Thrall.

He had maybe 30 seconds of screen time in the film though, and his only speaking lines were in a deleted scene.

The most popular/important characters in the film however are Durotan, his right hand Orgrim, and Gul'dan and his (sort of) right hand Warchief Blackhand.

As far as personal favorites go, Blackhand was the most visually striking and intricate design in the film in my opinion, so he is probably my favorite.

I think the best looking statues are Gul'dan, Orgrim, Blackhand, Phicen's first Durotan, and Darkscar.

Kilrogg's pose isn't very interesting and they didn't put warpaint on his body like he has in the film. Don't like Grommash's pose and the head sculpt seems very inaccurate.[/QUOTE

don't you think the Gul'dan is too covered up? can't see much of him in the statue.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:33 PM   #169
Xenoburger

Quote:
don't you think the Gul'dan is too covered up? can't see much of him in the statue.
He's always going to be wearing a robe. That's his character. An evil, fel-corrupted sorcerer. The robes look very well-tailored and detailed as well, so I have no issue with him being too "covered up".

Keep in mind he has the massive staff and horns on his back as well, plus the light-up fel-green eyes.

All in all I think he's going to make one heck of an incredible display.
Old 02-18-2018, 02:34 PM   #170
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
He can be both evil & popular. In fact, that's why he's popular.

He's a classically evil character, like the Emperor. Very popular in the Warcraft franchise.
evil sure, but being evil doesn't mean you have to be a dick :P