Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-06-2018, 10:45 PM   #11
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
And? Is only for China why this bother you. You coulnt even buy it or even see at they official page.. Also why they need to tell in advance when You are running business anything can happen. From what i know this event was offer to them not longtime ago.
Just cause something is labelled "China only" doesn't mean I or anyone else can't get it.

The issue is that P1 made a promise and has now broken that promise multiple times.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #12
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar View Post
Sorry, do you work for them, because your response gives this impression? I believe that this is a very tricky and disrespectful way to treat people. It is very cool to define a Edition size, ex Guts will be 999, sold out and then they just trow a damned blood and make this exclusive for an event and increases the edition size. More, they did tell that this would not happen. If you can justify everything in this world by saying that this is business we will be dead by the end of this week.
Does this matter? I dont work for them i own publication company and IT company in Japan i know how to run business. Am very close friend with they producer and art director i know a lot of insight. They are event exlcusive not permitted other country who knows what behind the scene probably event sponsor bought MOQ ask prime1 to produce it.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:59 PM   #13
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

They've pretty much said it was asked by their event sponsor to do it.

But it doesn't mean that they have to do it. Was someone holding a metaphorical gun to their heads? Be it economical etc. I have no idea how much sway this sponsor holds with Prime 1.

A lot of collectors believe these sorts of actions 'devalues' the pieces already in the market.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:11 PM   #14
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
They've pretty much said it was asked by their event sponsor to do it.

But it doesn't mean that they have to do it. Was someone holding a metaphorical gun to their heads? Be it economical etc. I have no idea how much sway this sponsor holds with Prime 1.

A lot of collectors believe these sorts of actions 'devalues' the pieces already in the market.
Why not? This allow Prime1 to expand China territory. People should know not everyone china has access internet as we do a lot restriction am pretty sure most dont even know Prime1 exist they new event is at Beijing China capital. Let me point out about Prestige Batman this was made for Hot toys event. So younare telling me if Hot toys or Sideshow asking Prime1 to do an exlcusive they should say no?
Old 08-06-2018, 11:15 PM   #15
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This entire thread......

V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:18 PM   #16
SONICobra
Batman

I couldnt care less about variants let alone market specific variants but where are the gundam statues???
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:21 PM   #17
Vendetta
The X-Men

I think that one post they made about future variants may have done more harm than good. I don't think it's realistic to expect Prime 1 to let us know well in advance of any variants being made because sometimes some are actually conceived well after the initial offering is released, which appears to be the case with both Guts and Lady Maria.

I also think the existence of that post has also made fan outrage even worse when things like this happen, because the post created a (fleeting) sense of trust between Prime 1 and its customers that we would not go through things like this again.

I love the products, but I do have to say that I'm disappointed with some of the ways Prime 1 does business, including these latest variants (as well as inflating the ES of the new Jetfire Prime in China after the initial preorder). I get that variants help Prime 1 tackle more niche subject matter like Isidro, Grunbeld, etc., but there has to be a better way to roll these out than they have been.

Them being exclusive to China and me finding them less desirable than the original statues I own don't change that for me. In fact, the China-exclusive thing disappoints me more, as the Puck exclusive to Wonder Festival and the Bloodborne poster exclusive to Japan disappointed me (and I say that as someone who was in a position to get both). I don't want any customers to feel like they're less important than others, and that's the feeling I get with things like this.

In short, I love Prime 1's stuff, and I hope they can find a way to evolve their business so that every customer can feel like they're valued by the company. No one paying as much as we do for these frivolous items should have to go through this as often as we do.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:24 PM   #18
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Why not? This allow Prime1 to expand China territory. People should know not everyone china has access internet as we do a lot restriction am pretty sure most dont even know Prime1 exist they new event is at Beijing China capital. Let me point out about Prestige Batman this was made for Hot toys event. So younare telling me if Hot toys or Sideshow asking Prime1 to do an exlcusive they should say no?
They don't need a China specific variant that upsets their established customers to break into a new market.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #19
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I couldnt care less about variants let alone market specific variants but where are the gundam statues???
Exactly! Am waiting also they Gundam and Dragon ball!
Old 08-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #20
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
They don't need a China specific variant that upsets their established customers to break into a new market.

You have no ideas how big china market for Prime1.