Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

BigBadToyStore to start collecting sales tax

From BigBadToyStore email. BBTS should consider allowing customers in the affected states cancel preorders and get full refunds on NRD items as sales tax is a factor in ordering with BBTS. I'll just order Sideshow Direct now and get points if I have to throw away more money for sales tax. BBTS will only get my orders for small items only; no Hot Toys, Prime 1 or Sideshow.

Quote:

Last June the Supreme Court ruled that states can charge sales tax on internet purchases. Many states already have laws in effect or laws that will be going into effect soon. We anticipate most states will have sales tax laws in place by the end of the year. States write their own tax laws so each state can be different, but we expect the majority of internet retailers will have to collect sales tax in most states. We are required to abide by these laws.

On April 1st, we will begin charging sales tax in the following states:

California
Colorado
Minnesota

All shipments going to these states will be subject to sales tax. You are receiving this notice because you currently have open pre-orders and/or items in your Pile of Loot that will be affected based on the Preferred Address in your account. You will be charged tax on: pre-orders that arrive and are processed, any items in your Pile of Loot that are released for shipment, and all new orders.

Thank you for your continued support and business. As always, if you have any questions please reach out to Customer Service. Our Customer Service team is available to assist you via email or phone Monday through Friday 7:00AM to 3:30PM (CST).

BBTS Customer Service
service@bigbadtoystore.com
Phone: 1-888-980-2287
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #2
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Has been for a bit of time now in my state
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 05:32 PM   #3
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

/wave...
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 07:01 PM   #4
IXEC
Hellboy

https://www.salestaxinstitute.com/sa...internet_sales

On June 21, 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court issued its decision in-South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc., addressing South Dakota’s economic nexus law. This decision overruled the physical presence rule for sales tax nexus for sales made over the internet. States now have right to require tax collection from online retailers and other remote sellers that do not have physical presence in their states. Looking strictly at the South Dakota economic nexus legislation addressed in the case, South Dakota’s law minimizes the burden on online and out-of-state sellers. The legislation provides a safe harbor for small sellers: a remote seller must make in-state sales exceeding $100,000 or makes 200 or more separate sales transactions in the previous or current calendar year for the nexus provision to apply. The legislation also ensures that the nexus provision does not apply retroactively.”
IXEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 08:55 PM   #5
omigeo
Alpha Flight

So Nexus doesn't matter when it comes to internet sales. I knew that was coming. No claiming non reciprocal LOL oh well.
States are in need of money, money. There is a huge way to tax and that's the internet..
Old 03-25-2019, 08:56 PM   #6
built2shred
Phoenix

If you live in California your going to be taxed to death...

Oh well it was fun while it lasted... saved quite a bit on taxes over the years ordering outside the state... those days seem to be over..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:26 PM   #7
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Depressing indeed.
California I swear they will not rest until the very air we breath is taxed.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:27 PM   #8
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXEC View Post
https://www.salestaxinstitute.com/sa...internet_sales

On June 21, 2018, the U.S. Supreme Court issued its decision in-South Dakota v. Wayfair, Inc., addressing South Dakota’s economic nexus law. This decision overruled the physical presence rule for sales tax nexus for sales made over the internet. States now have right to require tax collection from online retailers and other remote sellers that do not have physical presence in their states. Looking strictly at the South Dakota economic nexus legislation addressed in the case, South Dakota’s law minimizes the burden on online and out-of-state sellers. The legislation provides a safe harbor for small sellers: a remote seller must make in-state sales exceeding $100,000 or makes 200 or more separate sales transactions in the previous or current calendar year for the nexus provision to apply. The legislation also ensures that the nexus provision does not apply retroactively.”
that ruling was complete bs. Forcing non citizens of the state to collect their taxes for them should be illegal no matter how much money they make. Its a huge burden on small businesses and their growth. Leave it to idiot politicians- all they had to do was make online sales taxes go to the home state of the business. They should consider the money was spent out of state. stupid.
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 PM   #9
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
Depressing indeed.
California I swear they will not rest until the very air we breath is taxed.
Hey, that is not far fetch either. We as a people really need to stand our ground. Don't let them have their way, by taxing the air we breath. That is a God given right to humans. How can we even allow that. No one has the right to own air, nor water.

I can go on but I'll stop here.
Old 03-25-2019, 11:14 PM   #10
actionjackson83
Midnighter

I’ll just stop buying statues now thanks. Maybe I’ll just live off eBay deals In the secondary market which aren’t taxed currently
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote