An improvement on the original. Nice.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:27 PM   #282
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
This is a beautiful metallic green.
I didn't know this existed and I don't have any colors from createx yet. I have to take a look right away.
yeah i love the color and its EXACTLY what i was hoping i would find, the color is spot on to the source material and the metallic gives it the wrestling spandex look. it looks even better in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Wow! Fantastic conversion. Incredible work on this piece!
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It looks like a retail ready statue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
An improvement on the original. Nice.
thanks guys, much appreciated! this project really tested me, im happy with the outcome

on that note with the last finished project for the year i wanted to do a year end update. no dramatic changes but i like it when people post some overall shots of their collection so figured it would be a good way to cap off the year

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:27 PM   #283
SONICobra
Batman

the goon statue is currently being worked on so hes missing in action. shown here is the judge dredd that i was hoping to get painted this year but i just didnt have enough time

Here is a preview of sorts for a new display room im working on for next year. earlier this year i started watching vintage toy hunting videos randomly as back ground noise while working on projects. it really ignited a strong sense of nostalgia and i decided to transform a spare bedroom into a 80 / 90's action figure themed room. this solved another problem in that i was running out of space for MOTU statues in the main display room and i was able to pick up some old figures i loved and some newer ones that i think are really cool

this is temporary set up and will be moved to the new room next year but this was a lot of fun to put together. the top shelf is 80/90s vintage toys from properties i love, the second shelf modern toys inspired by their vintage counterparts and the third shelf dedicated to the history of the toy line that not only changed my life but the collectible industry forever - spawn

SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:55 PM   #284
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Absolutely fantastic!!!!!
That looks incredible!!!!
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 01:57 PM   #285
Mister H
Gen 13

All of it looks great of course but my personal favorites are the MOTU display and the PCS Dredd with SS Bale Batman. I don’t have that particular Bale-Man, I have the Begins PF and he looks great with Dredd and Iron Studios Punisher. 3rd on my list is your helmet display.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 07:36 PM   #286
Saulutations
Fantastic Four

Wow! The way you have presented your statues, portraits, and figures is second to none, SONICobra. This set-up really is beautifully curated. Nicely done!
Saulutations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 07:44 PM   #287
SDguy

Beautiful collection!

I love Grundy and Clayface, I just didn't realize those pieces were THAT big. OMG. Still love them though
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:13 PM   #288
The Watcher
Loki

Truly an amazing collection and display. There's so much to like here. Thanks for posting.
The Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:15 PM   #289
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saulutations View Post
Wow! The way you have presented your statues, portraits, and figures is second to none, SONICobra. This set-up really is beautifully curated. Nicely done!
Yes. Perfectly said.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 01:13 AM   #290
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Holy cow!! Amazing! What a beautiful display room. Is your plan to leave the ceiling as is? What is the height of your basement?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my ceiling, when the time comes. I like the rustic look of leaving it exposed. Maybe painted black or something to make it look like a loft.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote