Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 07-27-2016, 11:06 AM   #3971
Alpha_Flight
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Well since Saf posted his commissions from the con, thought I would share mine as well

Bishamon by Jeffrey "Chamba" Cruz: Since my commission theme is always about characters at maximum power, I asked Chamba to have Bishamon standing atop a pile of corpses with his sword covered in blood. He opted to go with some Datkstalker characters beneath, which is awesome! He also made Bishamon look extra ghoulish and also drew some skull faces into his flames. Mixed medium. Ink, copic and water color. Really happy with this one!

Anakaris by Joe Ng: I gave Joe free reign on this one. Only request was that Anakaris be raging out. He opted to draw in the "eye hand" which I was really stoked about! Beautiful piece and the copic work is bang on!

Omega Gill by Joe Ng and Jeffrey "CHamba" Cruz: This is a collaboration commission. Joe did the pencils and Jeff did the ink and colours. Omega Gill made his debut in SFIII: Third Strike. Capcom gave Gill a shimmer effect in positive and negative light to really make him stand out as a divine character. Jeff nailed the colours on this piece and utilized the negative space to create an ultimate powered Gill blasting out with divine light. This is probably my favourite piece this year!

I'll take some better pictures once they arrive. Hope you guys like them
Alpha_Flight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:21 AM   #3972
qz33
Baron Zemo

Top notch stuff. The Anakaris and Gill are especially good.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:48 AM   #3973
Klear Knives
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post
Well since Saf posted his commissions from the con, thought I would share mine as well

Bishamon by Jeffrey "Chamba" Cruz: Since my commission theme is always about characters at maximum power, I asked Chamba to have Bishamon standing atop a pile of corpses with his sword covered in blood. He opted to go with some Datkstalker characters beneath, which is awesome! He also made Bishamon look extra ghoulish and also drew some skull faces into his flames. Mixed medium. Ink, copic and water color. Really happy with this one!

Anakaris by Joe Ng: I gave Joe free reign on this one. Only request was that Anakaris be raging out. He opted to draw in the "eye hand" which I was really stoked about! Beautiful piece and the copic work is bang on!

Omega Gill by Joe Ng and Jeffrey "CHamba" Cruz: This is a collaboration commission. Joe did the pencils and Jeff did the ink and colours. Omega Gill made his debut in SFIII: Third Strike. Capcom gave Gill a shimmer effect in positive and negative light to really make him stand out as a divine character. Jeff nailed the colours on this piece and utilized the negative space to create an ultimate powered Gill blasting out with divine light. This is probably my favourite piece this year!

dude those are sick! omg. Jrod is the man. a gentlemen and a scholar!
Klear Knives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #3974
Alpha_Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klear Knives View Post
dude those are sick! omg. Jrod is the man. a gentlemen and a scholar!
Thank you man! Yes he is a top notch person! Just an all around good soul. He has done so much for me over the years. I really want to repay him for all he has done for me, but the Calgary Expo doesn't really hold a candle to SDCC. One day I will though, one day! Totally indebted to him.

How did you know Jrod helped me out lol?
Old 07-27-2016, 01:09 PM   #3975
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha_Flight View Post

Ok,

A) Bishamon looks incredible. That is so clean and so colorful it looks like a freaking comic book page. Congrats.

B) Anakaris: Love his 'Thickness'! Joe NG has taken his skill up 10 fold. He's the modern Alvin Lee at udon imho.

Mega congrats, this mummy looks amazing!

C) Gill: I don't really know what to say. Honestly I've never been so jealous of anything in my entire life lol!

This is some of the most glorious artwork for Street Fighter I have EVER SEEN!

I saw this commission on his Twitter. I was so blown away that I saved the image, and hoped it would some day become a poster!!! And here it was yours!

Congrats wouldn't be enough to cover that Gill. Be proud

And congrats anyway.

These are unbelievable.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:21 PM   #3976
Alpha_Flight

Haha thanks Jop! I was very fortunate this year. The guys at Udon never fail to impress. They are amazing artists. Art has definitely surpassed statues for my main collecting focus. Commissions are so rewarding. The planning, getting in touch with that artists, the communication back and forth and then finally seeing the piece come to life brings me crazy satisfaction. And they are each and every one of them, one of a kind. Again, thanks for your kind words brother.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:15 PM   #3977
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

Amazing pieces dude and yeah that Gill is definitely the best of the bunch!
Old 07-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #3978
Alpha_Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARFARAZ View Post
Amazing pieces dude and yeah that Gill is definitely the best of the bunch!
Thanks bro! Been itching to get a Gill piece for a while. Glad it came out the way it did!
Old 07-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #3979
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Wow. I've been going about print collecting the wrong way. Not only is that awesome work, you've got some great taste in characters!

I'm gonna have to go the commission route.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 03:36 PM   #3980
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

amazing acquisitions Alpha, I cant wait to see them in person
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote