Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 01-10-2017, 06:37 PM   #1111
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
I rewatched Westworld shortly before the finale aired and knowing where it was all going made me see clues I missed the first time and I liked those earlier episodes a lot more.
I could definitely see that. I'll rewatch the entire season again before S2 starts for sure. Sounds like we've got quite the wait though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 01:53 PM   #1112
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Just finished season 1 of Sherlock. Very good so far considering season 1 is only 3 episodes.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:11 PM   #1113
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Daredevil: S1 - 8.5/10

Netflix set the bar high with this series. Charlie Cox is perfect in the title role but it's Vincent D'Onofrio's take on Kingpin that steals the show. A little too much time is spent on the other less interesting supporting cast for my tastes but it makes for some great character development and the sub-plots add weight to the overall narrative.

Daredevil: S2 - 9/10

S2 has everything S1 did but it ramps up the stakes and the action. The fight choreography is off the charts awesome! While it's mildly disappointing there is less Kingpin what we do get is powerful. The supporting cast is significantly improved with the addition of The Punisher and to a lesser degree Elektra. Still a little more Foggy and Karen than I'd like but their arcs have been minimized compared to S1 or at the very least made more interesting thanks to show stealing Punisher.

Luke Cage: S1 - 9/10

Amazing debut for a lesser known Marvel character. Without question the best score I've heard in a television series in years. The mood and setting even surpasses Daredevil's creating a completely immersive Harlem. Mike Colter is great in the title role and after being introduced to him in Jessica Jones it's fun seeing his character fleshed out. Probably the most interesting of the Netflix heroes so far IMO.

Overall I love the gritty realism of the Marvel Netflix catalog. While not as strong as DD or Cage, Jessica Jones was good fun too. IIRC I rated that series a 7/10. I'm really looking forward to Iron First, The Defenders and The Punisher in 2017. Even more than the slate of Marvel films planned for this year. I think I appreciate the harder edge realism of what they're doing here as opposed to the more family friendly material in the films. Really hoping Netflix continues to expand their library. Moon Knight and Blade would be amazing additions.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:49 PM   #1114
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Homeland S1/2 8/10 pretty interesting storyline. The main characters are all sorts of messed up.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #1115
ParisDean
Captain Marvel

The Man In The High Castle - Season 2

I really like the deeper exploration of this alternate history world. However, I'm curious how the reality jumping will be explained because that's the only hokey part of the show to me. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 12:23 PM   #1116
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Stick with it, it's a slow burn for some, but totally worth it in the end. I'm going to watch it a second time to catch all that I missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy
I probably would've rated it about the same. I was having a difficult time staying interested and actually considered killing it midway through the pacing was so poor. It just felt like it was going nowhere, but trust me, it is.
Westworld 7/10
I thought this serie had my name written all over it, what could go wrong with a setting like this?
I think the pacing killed it for me and there was no way that the last episode could make it all good for me.
Halfway through the serie I said I would rate it with a 6/10, now I'll give it a 7/10. The extra point is for the season finale.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:18 PM   #1117
Davidian
Omega Flight

Lucifer S1 8/10

I wanted to rate this higher, but there were bits of the show that felt stale, and parts of me wanting a little more out of the the main character. Still love the premise, and while mildly cheesy, it's still pretty great. I feel like if this show could have been on HBO or Netflix, it could have been gritty and way more dark. I hadn't read the comic, so I don't know the source material, but I think if they could have went dark, like the movie Constantine, this show would have been perfect for me. I'm partially through S2, before the mid-season picks back up, so I'll rate that when S2 is over.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 04:52 PM   #1118
risingstar
Jedi Order

Hannibal
Season 1 9.5/10
Season 2 9/10
Season 3 7/10

Madds is the coolest man on the planet.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:04 PM   #1119
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Hannibal
Season 1 9.5/10
Season 2 9/10
Season 3 7/10

Madds is the coolest man on the planet.
Such a great underrated series.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #1120
Portugueezer
Hellboy

Vikings S02 8/10

Vikings S03 8/10

Would rate higher half a point , but the underlying tone of "everything bad that can happen, happens" bugs me sometimes..
Portugueezer is offline   Reply With Quote