Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-20-2014, 02:30 PM   #1011
Butttornado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think 2 things drive this hobby. Nostalgia and hot chicks. I once again want to preface my comments by saying I love the line and plan on getting about 6 of them. That being said, I'm just worried that the value won't hold for these.
First off, horror genre is a niche thing, and not really as marketable to the masses as other genres.
This is a high end collectible hobby... It's expensive as crap.
There's a lot of competition with all the other established properties also coming out with great statues.
If people have the choice between displaying a superhero they grew up with or a gruesome monster, most will choose the superhero. Same goes for a hot fantasy chick or a monstrous hot chick.
I definitely think they will sell statues, I just wonder if the es is too high for such a niche market. It's possible the property could get bigger, but I doubt it will get huge. Of it stays a niche thing, then there aren't that many people that can drop hundreds of dollars on a statue that doesn't mean something to them.

I know es isn't everything, but it does mean something. Part if the appeal is that you are buying something that not many people have.

Ok my train of thought has dried up lol.
Bottom line for me, is I hope they turn out awesome, and the es is around 1500 for these. The girls can be higher. But I want my monsters to be a bit more exclusive.
Butttornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 04:34 PM   #1012
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
How did you come to the conclusion that Kier is more popular? did you base it on reaction on this forum? the folks on here make it a fraction of the collecting community. I think Queen hasn't sold out because it is new franchise for SS. At the minimum I'd think 3000 might be what they wish to do for all of them. I've seen a few people say they will get the whole line, but I think once the reality of the amount of space these will require, that will definitely change.
For me it will not! I will be acquiring the whole line from start to finish (minus variants...don't care about variants).
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:14 PM   #1013
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

but variants are worth more. specially if they make less of them.
its always been that way with action figures. funny how its not looked at the same way in the hi end statue collectibles.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #1014
Butttornado
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I think it's hard to compare toys and statues. The price difference is huge. I personally wouldn't spend 400 on a variant if I owned the original already.
Butttornado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:02 PM   #1015
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
but variants are worth more. specially if they make less of them.
its always been that way with action figures. funny how its not looked at the same way in the hi end statue collectibles.
If SS are going to announce the original and the variant at the same time and put them up for PO simultaneously....then I would buy one or the other...whichever version I liked more. But more than 1 of any single statue is overkill to me.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #1016
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
If SS are going to announce the original and the variant at the same time and put them up for PO simultaneously....then I would buy one or the other...whichever version I liked more. But more than 1 of any single statue is overkill to me.
well some collectors like to have both versions.

but i get where your coming from,. that would be nice to know about them at the same time.

but i think the best way to do that would be to make the variants the EX.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 11:42 PM   #1017
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
Great post, COI. I think you pretty much nailed it.
I agree. The detail on the proto's we saw at Comiccon were simply amazing. The armor on the general and some of the stiching on the cloth of Death and the females rivals even what XM is doing on Marvel and what PCS is doing on their MoTU line. If they can keep that through production, they'll have my business throughout the line.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:53 AM   #1018
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I agree. The detail on the proto's we saw at Comiccon were simply amazing. The armor on the general and some of the stiching on the cloth of Death and the females rivals even what XM is doing on Marvel and what PCS is doing on their MoTU line. If they can keep that through production, they'll have my business throughout the line.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 04:36 AM   #1019
KevinS
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkNew View Post
What great guy. :
No respect at all.
What else am I supposed to do with a patch and a cheap folded up poster? Frame it?
KevinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #1020
Vallos
Jubilee

"the Court of the Dead team discusses the art of collaborative visual storytelling, and conjuring a fantastic underworld of characters."

http://courtofthedead.com/discover-t...t-of-the-dead/
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote