Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #921
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
I find it funny that people question the price of highly detailed statues like these but don't even bat an eyelash when a certain company charges double SS's prices for standard PFs

I feel that the CotD line is 100% worth the asking price thus far
Just to play devil's advocate. Do you really think Red Death is worth $380? There's not much to it and there is no license to pay for. I think he is over-priced. That being said, he is my favorite and I have all three available for p.o., ordered.

IMO, Sideshow should put out a road map with "expected" time frames on all releases, clearly stating they aren't set in stone. That would help every customer out. People will complain no matter what, but more info is better than little to no info.

The CotD line, above all, is a Sideshow line, so it's up to them on what info they release, so they could easily put out a road map with "expected" release time frames, for each statue.
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #922
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Just to play devil's advocate. Do you really think Red Death is worth $380? There's not much to it and there is no license to pay for. I think he is over-priced. That being said, he is my favorite and I have all three available for p.o., ordered.

IMO, Sideshow should put out a road map with "expected" time frames on all releases, clearly stating they aren't set in stone. That would help every customer out. People will complain no matter what, but more info is better than little to no info.

The CotD line, above all, is a Sideshow line, so it's up to them on what info they release, so they could easily put out a road map with "expected" release time frames, for each statue.
Posting even an estimated time frame for each statue (example: Cleopsis is estimated to Pre-Order in December 2015) will not occur. Why? Changes to when an item can Pre-Order changes continually for all kinds of reasons, so to put out something that specific will just anger the masses when said Pre-Order date might not happen. Yes, we can say estimated and expected but frankly collectors will just be upset (I see it ALL the time on the boards when a very broad estimation time frame is given for a Pre-Order. When it doesn't happen within that time frame people get upset). So the best I can do is give a very, non-detailed time line of the expected release for all the pieces (though already pasted into this thread already I'll say it again here):

At least one piece is estimated to be released each qtr for Pre-Order now through the beginning of 2016.

:-)
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:24 PM   #923
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Just to play devil's advocate. Do you really think Red Death is worth $380? There's not much to it and there is no license to pay for. I think he is over-priced. That being said, he is my favorite and I have all three available for p.o.,
I may be wrong (?) but wasn't Red Death out for order before the whole "CotD" line even existed? Wasn't he just a random SS original piece that only got shoved into the line when Queen surfaced?
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:27 PM   #924
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
I may be wrong (?) but wasn't Red Death out for order before the whole "CotD" line even existed? Wasn't he just a random SS original piece that only got shoved into the line when Queen surfaced?
Court of the Dead was in existence when Red Death went up for Pre-Order. What didn't exist at that time was the separate site for Court of the Dead. The first rumblings and teases of the Court of the Dead line were first released in the summer of 2013 and then followed up with Pre-Orders for the Queen and then Red Death.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #925
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Court of the Dead was in existence when Red Death went up for Pre-Order. What didn't exist at that time was the separate site for Court of the Dead. The first rumblings and teases of the Court of the Dead line were first released in the summer of 2013 and then followed up with Pre-Orders for the Queen and then Red Death.
ah ok...

So was it the Reaper then who wasn't a Court member initially? I can swear someone wasn't a Court member at pre-order.
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #926
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
ah ok...

So was it the Reaper then who wasn't a Court member initially? I can swear someone wasn't a Court member at pre-order.
Correct. The Reaper was never originally part of the Court of the Dead as that whole story/universe wasn't fully formed at the time of his release.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:38 PM   #927
Pilky

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Posting even an estimated time frame for each statue (example: Cleopsis is estimated to Pre-Order in December 2015) will not occur. Why? Changes to when an item can Pre-Order changes continually for all kinds of reasons, so to put out something that specific will just anger the masses when said Pre-Order date might not happen. Yes, we can say estimated and expected but frankly collectors will just be upset (I see it ALL the time on the boards when a very broad estimation time frame is given for a Pre-Order. When it doesn't happen within that time frame people get upset). So the best I can do is give a very, non-detailed time line of the expected release for all the pieces (though already pasted into this thread already I'll say it again here):

At least one piece is estimated to be released each qtr for Pre-Order now through the beginning of 2016.

:-)
I understand that it's a double-edged sword, but I personally wouldn't be one of those who'd complain if you did release a road map. I will agree that most would complain, so I get it's the community's fault, not yours.

It sucks that we can't have nice things, like road maps, but people will whine about anything and everything. It seems to be that's what the internet has become, unfortunately.

You did give me some info I hadn't heard before, so thanks, for that.

EDIT - Someone will see your Cleopsis example, take it as being the real thing, then nerd rage will explode all over the net!
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 01:17 AM   #928
Thor57
Teen Titans

Court of the Dead line up is going to look so boss displayed with Red Sonja and ARH Hercules.

I may have to have Herc repainted though, as ARH seems to have a very unique style of painting based off of pictures.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:16 AM   #929
cpluse2

Allegiance Package: Spirit - Court of the Dead - Thank you for shopping at SideshowCollectibles.com! We are happy to inform you that your order(s) have been charged and shipped! You will receive tracking information via a separate e-mail, however, your final invoice appears below. $0.00
cpluse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 AM   #930
Vallos
Jubilee

I got my notice as well!
Vallos is offline   Reply With Quote