Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 02-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #1401
Madame_Siryn
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I hope that Storm "variant" is NOT real because its not what she wore in the comics and that's not how Jim Lee designed her white outfit.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #1402
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
I hope that Storm "variant" is NOT real because its not what she wore in the comics and that's not how Jim Lee design her white outfit.
I was about to ask has she ever worn that design in white anywhere before? Or is this just a made up repaint just to be a variant? I hope if they make this please change the some features instead of just a plain repaint.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #1403
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsbells51 View Post
Cool, nothing promising, but any news is good news at this point. Other than that...this statue was considered dead to many. Thanks for at least giving us something. You know what Erick, I really like the concept art pose/look...it's a bit more fierce yet sexy and feminine.

I'd buy that, but it has to be an exact dupe of the artwork. A Rogue like this displayed with the upcoming Magneto would be pretty hot.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:02 PM   #1404
Mizukithepanda
Frackin!

On that false Storm variant, it looks like someone took the concept art and altered it in photoshop. Definitely fake.

Now, what they might be doing is getting in a batch of regular ones and then repainting them white. However, it's also possible that they've simply been told by their suppliers that they're getting white variants and put up a listing for them. You never know. It could be hokey business or it could be an honest mistake.

Anyway, Gonk, I have a question. In regards to the Tekken bishoujos, are there any plans to do the classic women? (That would be Nina, Anna, Michelle, and Jun.) So far all the concept art I've seen is for characters introduced in Tekken 3 or later.
Mizukithepanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #1405
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

When will Magneto be released????
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #1406
kikoken
Shadowhawk

is koto even at new york toy fair?! are we gna see anymore more pics? or was harlequin the last reveal
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #1407
dino76m
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizukithepanda View Post
On that false Storm variant, it looks like someone took the concept art and altered it in photoshop. Definitely fake.

Now, what they might be doing is getting in a batch of regular ones and then repainting them white. However, it's also possible that they've simply been told by their suppliers that they're getting white variants and put up a listing for them. You never know. It could be hokey business or it could be an honest mistake.

Anyway, Gonk, I have a question. In regards to the Tekken bishoujos, are there any plans to do the classic women? (That would be Nina, Anna, Michelle, and Jun.) So far all the concept art I've seen is for characters introduced in Tekken 3 or later.
but that site is one of sideshow rmain retailers in singapore, i was directed there by sideshow themselves to order a hot toys i was looking for, so they cant be putting up anything fake...
dino76m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 01:59 PM   #1408
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That's laughable. Just because a retailer puts something on their website, doesn't mean it's legit.

And what does them being a Sideshow retailer have anything to do with a Kotobukiya piece?

Also, since Kotobukiya has not previewed any sort of white Storm variant, that would be a very bad thing for a retailer to put something on their website that they are not authorized to show yet.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #1409
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
is koto even at new york toy fair?! are we gna see anymore more pics? or was harlequin the last reveal
Yeah! I don't care about these Tekken reveals, Harley was sweet, but show me some Street Fighter and maybe a Marvel or another DC Bishoujo!
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 02:45 PM   #1410
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
Yeah! I don't care about these Tekken reveals, Harley was sweet, but show me some Street Fighter and maybe a Marvel or another DC Bishoujo!
agreeeeeeeeeed
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote