Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-07-2019, 01:11 PM   #25661
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Joker - 9/10

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 08:11 PM   #25662
protector2814
Phoenix

My Halloween Horror Movie Fest continues with Tigon's The Blood On Satan's Claw (1971) 7.5/10

I went to my Nostalgiacon a few weeks back & stocked up on hard-to-get Horror Titles, this being one of them. Tigon Productions was a 3rd major player besides Hammer & Amicus to produce solid British Horror Movies during the early 70's. This is almost a sequel to their Witch Finder General which takes place near the same time, early 1700's.

A farmer unearths the remains of a skeleton while plowing his fields & hell is unleashed. The bones belong to a long dead demon who manages to spread his malice within the town & all kind of weird, witch stuff happens. It was filmed at Pinewood, but it sure felt authentic. The sets & settings were almost museum quality. From a nobleman's fiancee to school age children, the unearthed demon manages to possess several innocents & in doing so causes those infected to develop patches of fur &, on occasion, claws to develop on those touched. The possessed cause all sorts of frightening sights to happen until .... well, you'll see. A rare one but worth seeking out.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:47 AM   #25663
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Event Horizon - this was such a great movie, I didnt even know what I was getting myself into with this one, it was like hellraiser in space. Features a pre-matrix Laurence Fishburne, and also Sam Neil, who im now realizing has done quite a few horror movies! The setting was claustrophobic and really well done, special effects were really great especially for the time, I was totally immersed and on the edge of my seat, very strange and horrific movie but those are the best kind, very gory as well 8.5/10

I really like this movie and need to watch it again soon. The gory nature you mentioned, comes even after constant interference from the studio. They made Anderson cut out loads of the gore (including much footage of the original crew going mad) And they were trying to make the movie a PG right up until the end. Sadly much of the footage was lost/damaged and so we'll likely never see a directors cut as he intended it. But just imagine how unsettling it might have been.....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:53 AM   #25664
gates70
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The Werewolf Director's Cut - 8/10
Poltergeist II - 4/10 really bad movie
Spider-Man FFH - 7/10
gates70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:10 AM   #25665
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I really like this movie and need to watch it again soon. The gory nature you mentioned, comes even after constant interference from the studio. They made Anderson cut out loads of the gore (including much footage of the original crew going mad) And they were trying to make the movie a PG right up until the end. Sadly much of the footage was lost/damaged and so we'll likely never see a directors cut as he intended it. But just imagine how unsettling it might have been.....
damn, sounds like the movie would have been even better without the studio interference (as is usually the case) whichever suit thought that this movie would work better as a PG movie clearly didnt know anything about movies and only cared about getting more people in the theatre for revenue. This was definitely not meant to be a PG movie and if it was it would suffer greatly. I would have loved to see more about the crew losing their minds, its too bad the missing footage was lost/damaged as that sounds like it would have been one hell of a director's cut, maybe one of the best ever.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:22 AM   #25666
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Halloween martahon movies #21-22

Prison (1987) - this movie features a pre-LOTR Viggo Mortensen which was pretty cool. Its about the ghost of a vengeful executed prisoner coming back to wreak havoc on the prison in a poltergeist kind of way. It was actually quite entertaining, and had some very impressive gore effects 7.5/10

Evilspeak (1981) - I think I enjoyed this one probably more than I should have. Its about a military cadet who gets picked on constantly, he stumbles across ancient satanic texts, with the use of the texts and awesome 1981 computer technology, he gets possessed and gains supernatural powers which allows him to exact some gruesome revenge. Took a while to get going but there were some very genuinely creepy parts, and a good amount of gore. The fully uncut version of the movie wasn't even allowed in Britain until 2004 due to the themes and gore 8/10
Old 10-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #25667
ukshaun
Hercules

Rocketman (2019)

In some ways it was better than expected. It moves at a pace, never a boring moment. Sure I expected music, but hadn’t anticipated a musical. The songs are performed to match the scene, the mood, the moment, rather than being direct covers of the originals, and this was handled skilfully.

There's nothing really wrong with it/10
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:11 PM   #25668
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Serbia 3/10

Worst Keanu Reeves movie since the Day the Earth Stood Still
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #25669
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Wonder woman Bloodlines 7/10 How many times are we going to go over her origin and do "Year One" type of stories lol
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:21 AM   #25670
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Halloween marathon movie #23

Annabelle Comes Home - this was a fun movie, maybe im a bit biased because I really like the conjuring universe. Its pretty much about the Warrens artifact room coming to life after Annabelle is released from her cabinet by an overly curious visitor. It doesnt have much Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson unfortunately, they are kind of just the 'bookends' of the movie, but its not a Conjuring movie so its not fully about them anyway. Either way it was an fun ride, kind of like night at the museum meets poltergeist 8/10