Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-17-2020, 11:25 PM   #26761
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

The hunt 2020. 8/10

Surprisingly funny and quick pace movie. Very violent & lots of political references which makes it controversial.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:15 AM   #26762
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Bad Moon (1996) - Very underrated Werewolf movie, I had a lot of fun watching this one. It had a lot going for it, the werewolf effects were great and still hold up to this day. The scenes which had gore were very gorey, the intro scene was probably the best I've ever seen in a werewolf movie. It was also unique because much of the movie is from the perspective of the family's protector - a german shephard named Thor, realistically this is both a werewolf movie and a dog movie, and it just worked really well. The dog was amazingly trained and a joy to watch, which leads me to my main criticism of the movie, the acting from the humans, they were all quite bad, the dog was literally the best actor in the film lol I recommend this to anyone who likes werewolf movies, or dog movies - 8/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 09:49 PM   #26763
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Pierrot le Fou (1965) - Pierrot escapes his boring society and travels from Paris to the Mediterranean Sea with Marianne, a girl chased by hit-men from Algeria. They lead an unorthodox life, always on the run.

Another madcap romp around France from one of my favorite directors. 9/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:53 PM   #26764
statman
Baron Zemo

Knives Out - 8.5/10

Really enjoyed this one!
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:32 AM   #26765
ParisDean

La noire de... / Black Girl (1966) - A black girl from Senegal becomes a servant in France.

It's filmed in an unpolished, documentary style by Senegalese director Ousmane Sembene with a powerful underlying message. 8/10
Old 06-20-2020, 05:54 PM   #26766
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

The Green Mile - 9/10
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:48 AM   #26767
ParisDean

Fargo (1996) - Jerry Lundegaard's inept crime falls apart due to his and his henchmen's bungling and the persistent police work of the quite pregnant Marge Gunderson.

This is one of the more satisfying Coen Brothers films. I see why it has a reputation of being so beloved. 9/10
Old 06-21-2020, 05:06 PM   #26768
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Be Water (Bruce Lee docu) - 6.5/10 not bad, but hoped it would be better
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 12:56 PM   #26769
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Knives Out 6/10
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 02:11 PM   #26770
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Nothing but Trouble (1991) - First time rewatching this since I was a kid, I remember it scaring the bejeezus out of me back then...the judge, the bone stripper, the deformed twins, it was quite grotesque (which is odd as its technically supposed to be a comedy) Thats my main issue with this movie is it doesnt know what it wants to be, comedy or horror, and this was apparently due to a lot of behind the scenes issues. Dan Akroyd plays the judge, and one of the twins, John Candy also has a dual role as a brother and sister, also starring Chevy Chase and Demi Moore, and interesting to note, this was Dan Akroyds one and only job as a director. I think he was stretched too thin with being a first time director, while also playing dual roles in the movie, which lead to a very mish mashed final product. Its unfortunate that with these comedy greats in one movie, it still fell flat on the laughs. Rewatching it after all these years I didnt find it scary now that I'm older, and I didnt realy find it funny except for a couple parts that had John Candy in drag lol the most interesting thing to me about the movie were the visuals, and just the absolutely crazy off the wall story, I've never seen anything like it before, and highly doubt I ever will again - 7/10

The Gate (1987) - Fun kiddie horror, kind of along the lines of IT, stranger things, gremlins etc. Its about some kids that open a portal to hell in their backyard and they release a bunch of these little demon creatures, wackiness ensues as they cause a ruckus, fairly straight forward plot, but It had some nice special effects and it definitely had that 80's charm in abundance - 7/10

3,000 Miles to Graceland (2001) - This movie was not what I was expecting at all, I didnt think it was a heist movie, so I was really surprised. Interesting to note, there were slightly different versions of the movie, Kurt Russell's version focused more on comedy and the love story with Courtney Cox's character, and Michael Keaton's version focused more on the action. They ultimately went with Keaton's version, and I think thats a good thing because I wasn't digging the Courtney Cox relationship subplot at all, and anymore of it would have been detrimental to the overall film. Michael Keatons character was very much NOT a nice guy, so it was really intersting to see him playing a character like that and obviously having fun with it - 6.5/10

Tango & Cash (1989) - I will admit im not a big fan of Sylvester Stallone, and im not usually a fan of cop movies either, but giving that it also stars Kurt Russell, I of course had to give it a shot! lol I'm glad I did, it was a lot of fun, and probably one of the most quotable movies I've ever seen, and these two worked really well together as buddy cops. Stallone plays Tango, a sharp dressing cop who seems equally interested in banking and finances as he does being a cop, and Russell plays Cash, a wise-cracking, rough and tumble cop who lives fast and dangerous, so it was pretty easy for them to play off eachother and poke fun at eachother, there was lots of joke ammunition that is for sure. There were a lot of cheesy parts dont get me wrong, and many people would probably think its dumb, but I felt like that was the charm of it, the movie didn't take itself too seriously - 6.5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote