Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 04-25-2019, 10:14 AM   #31
Augen
Metal Men

Perspective is important in what we want and what markets allow. I would personally spend $500 for a Super Powers Power Girl statue, but I may one of a dozen people on earth willing to do so.

I hope we get as many characters as possible, but I understand there is always a line where it doesn't work as a business.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 11:39 AM   #32
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Exactly. The audience that watched that show is smaller now and if that small group an even tinier amount collect statues. So although you'd get likes for attempting, those likes don't translate into actual purchase.
Of course not. It would have to actually be done-designed and executed- to a decent level as well.

IDK, I would just think that there might actually be money in filling a niche that does have fans (that don't necessarily post here or that you can see) and that no one else is filling.

I don't what the numbers would be that would make the cost of obtaining the license worth it.
Then again, I never would have thought Ru Paul of all things, would have turned out to be a bread and butter license.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
That’s totally different than the response of people actually putting down $250 for a statue. I watched the show but no interest in plopping down any money
How many Ru Paul statues do you own?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:09 PM   #33
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Of course not. It would have to actually be done-designed and executed- to a decent level as well.

IDK, I would just think that there might actually be money in filling a niche that does have fans (that don't necessarily post here or that you can see) and that no one else is filling.

I don't what the numbers would be that would make the cost of obtaining the license worth it.
Then again, I never would have thought Ru Paul of all things, would have turned out to be a bread and butter license.

How many Ru Paul statues do you own?
And tha's what TH is doing with the superpowers line. However, case in point, a classic Robin that everybody on here kept asking for, got made and Chad says he's not selling well. So what makes you think the woman of a series that had two seasons will find a niche in this niche market? I have the entire series on dvd, so I am part of that niche market. And no I haven't forgetten she had a few comic books.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:14 PM   #34
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
And tha's what TH is doing with the superpowers line. However, case in point, a classic Robin that everybody on here kept asking for, got made and Chad says he's not selling well. So what makes you think the woman of a series that had two seasons will find a niche in this niche market? I have the entire series on dvd, so I am part of that niche market. And no I haven't forgetten she had a few comic books.

Is it only the Ex that is not selling well or does that include the standard edition as well? I wouldn't have even thought of getting the Ex if I wasn't planning on getting Batman and Batgirl too. I keep buying direct from Tweeterhead on this line to support them directly but I can see why someone wouldn't care for the Ex...especially in the Robin situation.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:23 PM   #35
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Is it only the Ex that is not selling well or does that include the standard edition as well? I wouldn't have even thought of getting the Ex if I wasn't planning on getting Batman and Batgirl too. I keep buying direct from Tweeterhead on this line to support them directly but I can see why someone wouldn't care for the Ex...especially in the Robin situation.
Jeremy the answer to that I do not know. on the site Robin has listed as the regular edition is 350 so I am not sure.
Old 04-25-2019, 01:30 PM   #36
Gothamite
Phoenix

http://tweeterhead.com/schedule/

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 01:52 PM   #37
nearmint
Phoenix

Starting to look like May for Martian Manhunter and Donna Troy. We're quickly running out of April.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:19 PM   #38
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Starting to look like May for Martian Manhunter and Donna Troy. We're quickly running out of April.
I believe they are done in Asia, but have to make the trip and go through customs. June or July they may be in hand.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #39
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I believe they are done in Asia, but have to make the trip and go through customs. June or July they may be in hand.
Most likely May it would seem. They are on the boat so it's a bit out of his hands at the minute.
Old 04-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #40
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Chad said in the Facebook video MM should be here May 5th.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote