Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-22-2019, 10:38 AM   #341
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelseaboy View Post
Mepaphoros,,

Yes I do think these are expensive.

The XM Wonder Woman costs 480 GBP ( 608 USD ) delivered here.

The Tweeterhead non-exclusive Wonder Woman costs 250 GBP ( 316 USD ) delivered here.
Apart from the Joker, I don't really think Tweeterhead's line is that impressive. The XM Superman was a bit disappointing, but you can't even compare the Tweeterhead WW to XM's IMO. I just punched in the Tweeterhead Green Lantern and it'll cost $315 delivered to my house. That is cheaper than the XM DC line, but the XM Lantern looks incredible.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #342
built2shred
Phoenix

What draws me to Tweeterhead's DC offerings is nostalgia as that's what those characters looked like when I read comics as a kid... but now that I'm older I do prefer the more realistic and detail sculpt of XM.. as of now I'm still collecting both lines although given the depth both lines are going I'm going to run out of space quick... either I stick with just one line or start selling some of my 1:4 pieces off to make room..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:11 PM   #343
CapTrenchcoat
Mephisto

For me, I tend to pick and choose from any line. I honestly dislike 99% of the Rebirth costumes, and hate the new 52 stuff. But I love the WW one, so that’s a purchase for the XM line for me. I’m an old guy, so my tastes are more set in the bronze era style.
CapTrenchcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:27 PM   #344
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Apart from the Joker, I don't really think Tweeterhead's line is that impressive. The XM Superman was a bit disappointing, but you can't even compare the Tweeterhead WW to XM's IMO. I just punched in the Tweeterhead Green Lantern and it'll cost $315 delivered to my house. That is cheaper than the XM DC line, but the XM Lantern looks incredible.
I think Joker AND Martian Manhunter are 2 good reasons to be impressed with the TH line. With regards to Wonder Woman, unless you’re speaking about the detail of the base, IMHO I think the 2 are quite comparable. I personally am not a huge fan of the XM portrait. If not for the seam issue, I would say TH’s Wonder Woman was a homerun with plenty of extra pieces for a reasonable price point. I agree with your assessment with GL but am still getting both. Lol
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 12:43 PM   #345
Mepaphoros

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
I think Joker AND Martian Manhunter are 2 good reasons to be impressed with the TH line. With regards to Wonder Woman, unless you’re speaking about the detail of the base, IMHO I think the 2 are quite comparable. I personally am not a huge fan of the XM portrait. If not for the seam issue, I would say TH’s Wonder Woman was a homerun with plenty of extra pieces for a reasonable price point. I agree with your assessment with GL but am still getting both. Lol
I do like the Manhunter and Batman. I really don't like Superman and WW but it's a completely different look from XM's line so hard to really compare.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #346
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

I actually prefer Tweeterhead's Wonder Woman portrait,but the neck seam was the deal-breaker for me...otherwise I would have chosen the Tweeterhead version.

Have to say the XM Supergirl looks far superior to Tweeterheads though.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:38 PM   #347
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
I agree with your assessment with GL but am still getting both. Lol
Same here. I’m thinking of getting rid of my SS Jordan PF to make room and because the TH is very similar in pose.....probably won’t though.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 05:06 PM   #348
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I just saw a few of these in person at Denver Comic Con. I must say I am glad I ordered 4 of them so far. I may even get Joker now after seeing him.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:03 PM   #349
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
I just saw a few of these in person at Denver Comic Con. I must say I am glad I ordered 4 of them so far. I may even get Joker now after seeing him.
Anything that surprised you, or that stood out more in person versus seeing them through the photos and videos?
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 06:47 PM   #350
Mepaphoros

I'm dying to see some pics of that Green Lantern.