Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Leave it to the Professionals Please > Bobby C

Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
Bob D
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Ask the Bob's a question! no pics, just talk.

I thought it would be good to have a thread just for questions, as there are so many threads that we might not see some questions. So this will be just a question and answer spot, no pics.
Bob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:01 AM   #2
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Do you guys also do the clothing?
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #3
Bob D

Yes we do. I did all the gloves for the batsuits(leather) myself, and the boots. As well as the Begins gloves(neoprene) Bob C. did any clothing you see on busts, along with his wife Andrea.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:41 AM   #4
stretchbaldy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Do you guys also do the clothing?

.....Bobby C and company did the clothing for my David!
stretchbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Impressive.
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:54 AM   #6
Bob D

we rarely farm anything out. reason is that most of the time this stuff has to be so exact, and done in a certain way, that local people in our areas are not prepared to do a lot of one-off type stuff, and put the time in to understand the genre. I did try to have someone cut glass for the tumbler, and I had to take it back twice, and they still didn't get it right. So now I gotta do it over myself. It never seems to pan out.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:42 PM   #7
reevz666
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

hey guys!

I have a few questions

1. Bob D.- How would you go about running a foam latex cowl and making it seamless...what type of mold would you have to make in order to achieve this? I know that the films used a collapsible core, but I was wondering if you had a different method, and if so could you please outline the steps?

2. Bobby C - when molding your sculpts, do you take steps to spray the sculpt down with a dull finish to make the surface of the mold less glossy so when you pull your silicone piece it's a more mat finish?? And once you begin painting the silicone, what is your process..I know that some people use pastels, baby powder and actual make-up...and once the paint job in finished, what can you do to seal the finished piece to keep the original "matt" finish...Is there a silicone sealer that doesn't look shiny??

thanks guys!
reevz666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #8
Bob D

Your right I do not use a collapsable core. Biggest reason is that I'm a lazy bum, and don't wanna take the time to make one lol. Getting the mold on and off is just a hands-on thing that I sort started doing years ago. I just sort of weasel it on, and weasel it off. But at first I did tear a few foam runs to shreds doing that. I would actually not recommend doing it this way. If I had it to over I would use a collapsable core, cause it will just make life easier in the long run. Do as I say, not as I do lol..
however on the 89' cowl they did have a part up the back of the neck as you know, so they could slide in the core(keaton). I did just that on my 89 stuff. MUCH easier. funny thing is that the whole 89 ensemble was a lot more difficult to put together than any others past 92'. Foam latex itself is tough, but add to that all the extra stuff you have to do for molds to make the whole thing doable for foam latex. Such as collapsable cores, sprues, injection point tubes, a holder for the injection gun on the mold itself, the list goes on....
Old 07-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #9
Vader
Ghost

will you be starting the 1:1 from predator 2 soon?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #10
Andy Bergholtz
Sculptor
Sculptor

2 questions for ya:

1. Are you looking for an apprentice?

2. When can I start?

I've always been a HUGE fan of all your work, you guys amaze me. I love 1:1 stuff and yours is so damn inspiring.
Andy Bergholtz is offline   Reply With Quote