Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-10-2017, 11:28 AM   #1
red_ant
Producer
Producer

PCS Transparency Post - Warehouse Gems

The issue/question: Why are there so many warehouse gems/older products that are now available for sale?

Answer: This is actually a multi-tiered answer. This has happened for a couple reasons, but all comes down to one glaring issue. Product delays. Because of long product delays, collectors had cancelled their orders. This makes up a small portion of the extra statues. The real numbers came from canceled distributor orders or distributors that ended up going out of business by the time the product was delivered. A prime example was Robocop. We ended up with 150 Robocops just from one Distributor order that was canceled because of long delays. All these products have just been sitting in the warehouse to where we were running out of room and previous management literally did not have the time to try to sell the product.

Solutions Going Forward:
1. DELIVER ON TIME! We are working hard with factories now to get our product delivered on time. We have had to shell out a lot of extra money to the factories (well worth it for our collectors) to get them to push our product ahead of other Companies so that we can catch up and get on a more steady cycle. We are still working on catching up on all the products that were pre-ordered before we joined the Company. The goal is to catch up on ALL old pre-orders by 1Q/1H 2018 WHILE keeping everyone updated on status. Chun-li 1:3 going forward will be on time (early if I can help it) as we reset the Company to deliver for our fans.
2. Ending the Warehouse Gem Program: All of the older product should be sold by the end of the year so there will be no need for the Warehouse Gem Program. Also we are not seeing these large cancels from distributors anymore which means we won't have extra stock anymore for the statues that are arriving in the warehouse now and for future orders. We have already seen this with product that is shipping from the factories now. Also staying on time with delivery now prevents this issue too. Plus I want our product to stay as both collectibles and investments (the banker in me).

I know it's been too long since the last transparency post, but I'm going to try to get back to doing 2-4 a month if at all possible to keep everyone in the know. I'm going to try and find time to post here more too, but also be sure to join our Facebook Group too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100300063897936/

Red
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

really hope the delivery times improve thats 1 reason i stopped collecting from PCS. waiting 2.5-3 years for a product is really unacceptable. Really hope to see some MK statues shipping and preorder soon.
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statuehunter117 View Post
really hope the delivery times improve thats 1 reason i stopped collecting from PCS. waiting 2.5-3 years for a product is really unacceptable. Really hope to see some MK statues shipping and preorder soon.
I completely agree! And completely unacceptable! I should have a MK preorder in December. Also I'm working on a post to give everyone an update on every current statue in production. Hoping that's my next transparency post.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #4
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Good post. Getting all outstanding things delivered on time will fix a lot of other problems. In the future, I think that instead of just throwing more money at the factories, maybe set some stricter rules so they don't kick your projects down in the queue.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:14 PM   #5
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
Good post. Getting all outstanding things delivered on time will fix a lot of other problems. In the future, I think that instead of just throwing more money at the factories, maybe set some stricter rules so they don't kick your projects down in the queue.
Dude, you are preaching to the choir! You are spot on and is the exactly reason I've fired multiple factories. Are new stable is much better!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:20 PM   #6
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Since you want to end Warehouse Gems...

...can I get a corretly labeled base for my P1 EX Raiden?
...can I get a nondamaged EX Skeletor head?
...can I trade my Reg Robo in for EX?
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #7
red_ant
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermaGrin View Post
Since you want to end Warehouse Gems...

...can I get a corretly labeled base for my P1 EX Raiden?
...can I get a nondamaged EX Skeletor head?
...can I trade my Reg Robo in for EX?
Yes on the Raiden base and check with customer service on Skeletor (factory screwed us on that one). And yes on the Robocop.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:46 PM   #8
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

If you say "Yes" on Raiden...I have asked before to CS...can I just get a base sent and not have the need to risk returning the WHOLE statue.

I was told "bases are made per statue and wont match other"...
...I can drill a hole. :/
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:58 PM   #9
Statuehunter117
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
I completely agree! And completely unacceptable! I should have a MK preorder in December. Also I'm working on a post to give everyone an update on every current statue in production. Hoping that's my next transparency post.
Is there any chance at all of a MK statue being delivered this year? on your website you had a few listed as nov-dec, and dec-jan.
Statuehunter117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #10
Drakull
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post

The issue/question: Why are there so many warehouse gems/older products that are now available for sale?

Answer: This is actually a multi-tiered answer. This has happened for a couple reasons, but all comes down to one glaring issue. Product delays. Because of long product delays, collectors had cancelled their orders. This makes up a small portion of the extra statues. The real numbers came from canceled distributor orders or distributors that ended up going out of business by the time the product was delivered. A prime example was Robocop. We ended up with 150 Robocops just from one Distributor order that was canceled because of long delays. All these products have just been sitting in the warehouse to where we were running out of room and previous management literally did not have the time to try to sell the product.

Solutions Going Forward:
1. DELIVER ON TIME! We are working hard with factories now to get our product delivered on time. We have had to shell out a lot of extra money to the factories (well worth it for our collectors) to get them to push our product ahead of other Companies so that we can catch up and get on a more steady cycle. We are still working on catching up on all the products that were pre-ordered before we joined the Company. The goal is to catch up on ALL old pre-orders by 1Q/1H 2018 WHILE keeping everyone updated on status. Chun-li 1:3 going forward will be on time (early if I can help it) as we reset the Company to deliver for our fans.
2. Ending the Warehouse Gem Program: All of the older product should be sold by the end of the year so there will be no need for the Warehouse Gem Program. Also we are not seeing these large cancels from distributors anymore which means we won't have extra stock anymore for the statues that are arriving in the warehouse now and for future orders. We have already seen this with product that is shipping from the factories now. Also staying on time with delivery now prevents this issue too. Plus I want our product to stay as both collectibles and investments (the banker in me).

I know it's been too long since the last transparency post, but I'm going to try to get back to doing 2-4 a month if at all possible to keep everyone in the know. I'm going to try and find time to post here more too, but also be sure to join our Facebook Group too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/100300063897936/

Red
then apply discount on big delayed item...I just canceled one
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote