Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 12-24-2021, 01:36 PM   #31
DPA
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Free UPS shipping to the UK and EU.
Everything I've look at @ 1/3 says "Due to the size of this item, additional shipping costs may apply" or adds a shipping charge for my UK postcode. Maybe I've been unlucky

[edit] For example Captain Jean-Luc Picard Star Trek 1/3 Scale Statue by Darkside Collectibles Studio = UPS Saver (Fee ?124.62), UPS Standard (Fee ?29.32) *This forum seems to convert the pounds sign into a question mark

Also for the first 1/4 I checked; Batman The Dark Knight Trilogy Quarter Scale Series 1/4 Action Figure by Hot Toys UPS Standard (Fee ?16.12) UPS Saver (Fee ?54.99)

and even a 1/6th scale; Galadriel of the White Council 1/6 Scale Staue by Weta UPS Standard (Fee ?18.50) UPS Saver (Fee ?67.27)

Last edited by DPA; 12-24-2021 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Additional info
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 01:54 PM   #32
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPA View Post
Everything I'v look at @ 1/3 says "Due to the size of this item, additional shipping costs may apply" or adds a shipping charge for my UK postcode. Maybe I've been unlucky

[edit] For example Captain Jean-Luc Picard Star Trek 1/3 Scale Statue by Darkside Collectibles Studio = UPS Saver (Fee ?124.62), UPS Standard (Fee ?29.32) *This forum seems to convert the pounds sign into a question mark
That's good to know. I was just going off of the banner regarding shipping on their homepage.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:03 PM   #33
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

WOW, if the statue looks like this in the end, it will be ordered
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:26 PM   #34
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Day 1 for me if it looks like this. Whatever the price
Liquid75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #35
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The body looks slightly cartoony to me, almost like a J Scott Campbell version of her. The leather didn’t get right up in her butt like that, and the breasts are accentuated as well. I don’t think that will stop a single person from ordering it, it’s just something I noticed. Wedgie or not, I still think I’d need to see a finished sculpt over a render before ordering. The Tweeterhead one is hard to beat.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:39 PM   #36
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I like the slight 'liberties' taken with the body. Actually prefer the body the way it is in the render rather than anything slimmer. #prowedgie
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:50 PM   #37
RPG_FAN128
Mephisto

I thought Darkside was based in Cyprus... (?)

I haven't ever bought from them (direct, nor US-based stores). I've been watched their Ada, really really really want to see how their prototypes actually turn out but I've yet to see a release.

This WIP is quite impressive so far!
RPG_FAN128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:53 PM   #38
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
I like the slight 'liberties' taken with the body. Actually prefer the body the way it is in the render rather than anything slimmer. #prowedgie
Interest is definitely piqued.....

And agree completely about her figure.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #39
DPA
Fantastic Four

I would definetley prefer screen accurate, as that's what these are meant to be representing; but will definetley be picking this up if the finish is better than their previous prototypes (which have been a bit rough around the edges). I don't want to have to pay for a repaint.
DPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:17 PM   #40
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I am very interested in watching this progress. This depiction was very influential in my life, so I could be persuaded into getting yet another Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman.

So far, so good. There's still some ways to go, but I'm digging the foundation and direction this piece is going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote