Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 10-08-2022, 01:14 PM   #221
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Repair pictures.
That looks good. How did the process go? Did you ship it out to be repaired?
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 05:05 PM   #222
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
That looks good. How did the process go? Did you ship it out to be repaired?
I'm waiting for Todd from SF to get back to me on what the next steps are. The pictures are not of my bust but one he had done to show us what the repair would like. I'm still deciding to get the repair or just take a full refund. I am getting toward the end if my statue buying days and really wanted this to go with my Spiderman bust.
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 10:24 PM   #223
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
I'm waiting for Todd from SF to get back to me on what the next steps are. The pictures are not of my bust but one he had done to show us what the repair would like. I'm still deciding to get the repair or just take a full refund. I am getting toward the end if my statue buying days and really wanted this to ho with my Spiderman bust.
Thanks for the reply. I touched base today with him to see what can be done with mine. Aside from the small cracks the bust is great.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 08:43 PM   #224
azurepred
Zot

My retailer is pretty much refusing a return for refund. They upped their partial refund offer from $200 to a whopping $250. It's times like these that remind me the importance of only ordering through top tier retailers.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 09:49 PM   #225
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah they can be scum. Whenever they don't mention a policy that means they don't want to do returns and even if the do have a policy half the time they don't want to follow it.

Sorry for the hassle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
My retailer is pretty much refusing a return for refund. They upped their partial refund offer from $200 to a whopping $250. It's times like these that remind me the importance of only ordering through top tier retailers.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 12:37 PM   #226
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Yeah they can be scum. Whenever they don't mention a policy that means they don't want to do returns and even if the do have a policy half the time they don't want to follow it.

Sorry for the hassle.
Thanks. Yea, I checked over the return policy and nothing states that I cannot return the item. Since they didn't even acknowledge my request for return in the last email, I put in a chargeback request this morning on the last payment made to them. Thankfully, I don't have anymore PO's with them and will not be doing business with these owners in the future.

I've never been pushed to chargeback one of my statue purchases before, so I have no idea if it will go my way or not.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:38 AM   #227
c00kies292
Frackin!

I opted for the repair option via Spec Fiction. I asked a bunch of questions regarding concerns of future issues if the jaw continued to seperate. Spec said they would warranty the repair for 1 year so that gave me a bit of confidence. We will see how it goes. Repair should take 3-4 weeks which will put me right around Thanksgiving to get it back.
c00kies292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:56 AM   #228
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
It looks great but without reinforcing it internally or making the tongue lighter...it'll just crack again in the future right?
it has been confirmed that the tongue is NOT the reason for the cracks forming. The repairs we are doing are being reinforced, yes.
Old 10-11-2022, 08:18 PM   #229
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by c00kies292 View Post
I opted for the repair option via Spec Fiction. I asked a bunch of questions regarding concerns of future issues if the jaw continued to seperate. Spec said they would warranty the repair for 1 year so that gave me a bit of confidence. We will see how it goes. Repair should take 3-4 weeks which will put me right around Thanksgiving to get it back.
that's a pretty good agreement. I can't ever recall someone being offered a warranty on a repair like that. What happens if further cracks develop? Another repair?
Old 10-12-2022, 08:35 AM   #230
JstChilin
Justice League

Anyone who has this bust can see that the cracks are not from weight of tongue or jaw but just from where they did not fill in the seams in the corner of mouth good enough when putting statue together. Once fixed I cant see it ever chipping. I opted to keep mine. My cracks are small. This things so massive will be a pain to ship back. As long as I don't pick at it I think Ill be alright.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20221008_235705.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	342.3 KB
ID:	154549  
JstChilin is offline   Reply With Quote