Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
Andrew
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
Adamantium Plus Member

Your Avatar (or lack there of)

Okay, here are some questions that everyone can answer and that inquiring minds want to know.

1) For those that choose not to have an avatar, why?

2) For those that have an avatar, but never change it, why?

3) For those that have an avatar, but change it constantly, why?

4) Why do you choose the avatar that you have and what does it say about you, if anthing?

5) For the mods: When are you guys going to increase the avatar size, if ever? (200x200)
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

I didn't have one for a while because they were restricted (I think some people may have been using naughty images). The one I have now is a pic of a 1:1 prop head of Clown from the Spawn movie. Always liked that character, and the bust is one of my fave pieces . . . nothing deeper than that. And I haven't changed it because I am a lazy, lazy man !!
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
Rocket
Art of Mod

I'm due for a change soon, just like to keep it fresh

Generally I stick with X Men related pics as they are my area of expertise. The last few I have used have been original pieces of art I own that were commissioned from Chris Uminga
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:11 AM   #4
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
I can never get the size right. Am a huge Calvin & Hobbes fan, and kinda reminds me of myself as a kid (which pretty much still am). Too lazy to try to get it done again as well.

And how come some people get bigger ones than others? Is it cos they're mods and/or adamantium members?

Veteran members should get bigger ones, like Trilogy. I think he deserves a big one.

(I don't know about you guys but I tend to picture a member based on the avatar )

Let's make it compulsory to have your own pic so you have to be responsible and accountable for what you say or do on the Forum!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:30 AM   #5
Robatty
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post
I can never get the size right. Am a huge Calvin & Hobbes fan, and kinda reminds me of myself as a kid (which pretty much still am). Too lazy to try to get it done again as well.

And how come some people get bigger ones than others? Is it cos they're mods and/or adamantium members?

Veteran members should get bigger ones, like Trilogy. I think he deserves a big one.

(I don't know about you guys but I tend to picture a member based on the avatar )

Let's make it compulsory to have your own pic so you have to be responsible and accountable for what you say or do on the Forum!
Could it be we are the same person?

R
Robatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 07:24 AM   #6
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

never change my avatar because it is customized and it suites me fine.

not sure if anyone would need to see a larger me even cartooned, so size is fine. I can go larger being a mod but have not.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #7
Trilogy
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekrodneysim View Post

Moderators and adamantium members have larger avatars. All other "regular" forum members have the standard 80x80 allowance.

Who says I don't already have a big one?

If I were to picture forum members bases upon there avatar image, you'd look an extremely odd bunch... Which is probably accurate. lol

As for the original question, I change my avatar annually. All of which are made by myself.
Trilogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:13 AM   #8
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

I rotate every now and again, no real rhyme or reason. They usually have something to do with a comic, movie or show I'm digging at the time. Current one looks kind of like me and shares my name
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:39 AM   #9
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Mine are always Hulk related. Probably time for me to change, it has been awhile.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 AM   #10
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy485 View Post
2) For those that have an avatar, but never change it, why?

4) Why do you choose the avatar that you have and what does it say about you, if anthing?
Because I love the Legion, it's been my all time favorite book for 35 years plus.

It says that Jesse loves the Legion.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote