Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #3171
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

He is a mini bust that works perfect as full size statue because of his water ability . I think that’s why he’s htf and expensive because of his desirability in both classes
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:34 PM   #3172
Mister H
Green Goblin

Hated the Modular armor in the comics but the BD statue makes it look good.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:24 PM   #3173
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Does anyone have a shot of all the museum posed iron men in a line together?
Old 03-13-2019, 11:08 AM   #3174
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Lmao ok:

I sold this one too.

It drove me crazy even with his elevated double base he was still shorter than his counterparts. He was out of scale with the others. a lot of the digital sculpts form this era of BD were a bit undersized. And I wasn't crazy about the Jason Smith long-legged, and narrow hipped digital sculpts. I think Randy gave him too much work to be honest. His sculpts to me were all the same, simple pose - Legs Longer than they should be and a little undersized.

nice piece though if you like the character. Me, I wasn't crazy about the character, I bought him for the collection and it drove me nuts that the figure was about an inch shorter than he should be.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:10 PM   #3175
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I loved 80s Xmen team so I had to have this . He gets good money in secondary market as many fans still want this guy
Old 03-13-2019, 05:43 PM   #3176
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I loved 80s Xmen team so I had to have this . He gets good money in secondary market as many fans still want this guy
Probably the same fans that pay $600+ for a Kingpin.

Hope mine went to a home like yours that appreciates him!
Old 03-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #3177
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Yup because the Spiderman villains have a huge fan base and people pay big bucks for them like the comics . Spiderman anything sells period!!! Kingpin is worth the money if someone needs him . I just dropped 500 USD for the Lizard which I don’t like but needed it to finish my line. What can you do
Old 03-13-2019, 10:28 PM   #3178
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I owned Havok at one time and sold him and regret it.
I would like him for my Thomas/Adams X-Men display but substituted the Koto Havok X-Men bust. It is a shame that was not a FS statue because I do think that it is a much superior rendition of Havok than either the Bowen FS or mini bust version of Havok that was produced

Unless I would be able to get a Bowen Havok at a good price my Koto bust is working out fine
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:38 AM   #3179
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I want to see a '90s Havok...that's the one I grew up with. I'll probably settle for the Bowen bust until then...
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:55 AM   #3180
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I owned Havok at one time and sold him and regret it.
I would like him for my Thomas/Adams X-Men display but substituted the Koto Havok X-Men bust. It is a shame that was not a FS statue because I do think that it is a much superior rendition of Havok than either the Bowen FS or mini bust version of Havok that was produced

Unless I would be able to get a Bowen Havok at a good price my Koto bust is working out fine
that's a nice bust...I agree nicer than the FS and MB. Feels more like a Bowen than this piece. It just has much more personality than the FS.

A good portion of the pieces from this era I wasn't over the moon crazy about as I was other phases. I bought them because I wanted them for the team, and I bought them for the collection...I FELL INTO THE TRAP. After I acquired them, I would look at them and felt like they didn't fit in, because of their soft detail lacking early digital sculpting techniques. I would get them on the shelf and something just looked and felt off when they were next to the early phase hand sculpted pieces. They were from the same line, but almost like impostor Bowen statues. Randy hired these digital sculptors like Khurram, Jason Smith and others to pump out these pieces at a feverish pace and for the most part in my opinion the final product of these digital sculpts showed the lack of attention and detail that made the early phase bowens so great.