Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > West Side WAR Room

» Spotlight
DGK Gentle Giant SW Clone Trooper DGK Albatross Japan Shin Godzilla DGK Megahouse Kamen Rider Upcoming Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2019, 03:13 AM   #831
Davidian
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Nice. I currently do not have anything on order. I'm waiting on the Prime 1 Lee Bermejo Joker.
Nice! That should be a pretty sweet piece!
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:42 PM   #832
Davidian
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,051
Kind of digging the new SS Cable PF, but $700, yikes.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:48 PM   #833
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Kind of digging the new SS Cable PF, but $700, yikes.
I wonít say it in the thread out of respect for the artists involved but I just donít get the hype surrounding this piece. Sculpt is nice enough but it lacks detailed depth in the paint. Guns and blue effect look far too cartoonish for my tastes. Price is ridiculous! For that much I wouldíve just sprung for the far superior XM piece. Just my 2 cents though.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #834
Davidian
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I wonít say it in the thread out of respect for the artists involved but I just donít get the hype surrounding this piece. Sculpt is nice enough but it lacks detailed depth in the paint. Guns and blue effect look far too cartoonish for my tastes. Price is ridiculous! For that much I wouldíve just sprung for the far superior XM piece. Just my 2 cents though.
I definitely like the XM better, but I certainly don't like the character enough to pay the prices each of them are at. I added the SS PF to my wishlist for the hell of it though.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:46 PM   #835
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
I definitely like the XM better, but I certainly don't like the character enough to pay the prices each of them are at. I added the SS PF to my wishlist for the hell of it though.
I hear that. Itís the main reason why I sold most all my 1:4 scale comic based characters. For the amount of characters Iíd want the scale and price isnít realistic. My Bowen collection will have to suffice for Marvel and XM/Tweeterhead for DC.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:02 PM   #836
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator
 
MONSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 21,841
I'm at a point where I'll typically only buy 1 statue a year (if that). I'd rather put the money towards comic art since I enjoy it more and it takes up way less space.
__________________
My CAF Gallery
MONSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:17 PM   #837
Davidian
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I hear that. Itís the main reason why I sold most all my 1:4 scale comic based characters. For the amount of characters Iíd want the scale and price isnít realistic. My Bowen collection will have to suffice for Marvel and XM/Tweeterhead for DC.
Ugh, I think about some pieces I'd like to sell, then I just start thinking about how annoying it is to try and sell them as well as taking risks with people ripping me off.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #838
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Super Moderator
 
Hellboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 35,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
I'm at a point where I'll typically only buy 1 statue a year (if that). I'd rather put the money towards comic art since I enjoy it more and it takes up way less space.
I did something similar a few years back when I swore off Sideshow and started getting heavy into screen prints. Once I started framing things and realized that expense along with how little wall space I truly had I got back into statues though. I might buy 1 print a year now, but Iím not really into filling a presentation case so if Iím never going to frame it I likely wonít buy it anymore. Luckily I never got into comic art or Iíd be in big trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidian View Post
Ugh, I think about some pieces I'd like to sell, then I just start thinking about how annoying it is to try and sell them as well as taking risks with people ripping me off.
Iíve been very lucky over the years. Last time I checked I had around 100k in global sales over my lifetime on eBay since 2005. Kind of shocked me given I generally only sell things from my collection to finance new interests or different collectibles. Knock on wood but Iíve never received negative feedback in that time or had anyone out right try to scam me, but Iíve definitely had my share of difficult buyers/sellers. I have been outright screwed by UPS and FedEx however. Overall the good far outweighs the bad and without eBay Iíd likely not be long for this hobby as I couldnít afford it.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 01:58 AM   #839
Davidian
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Iíve been very lucky over the years. Last time I checked I had around 100k in global sales over my lifetime on eBay since 2005. Kind of shocked me given I generally only sell things from my collection to finance new interests or different collectibles. Knock on wood but Iíve never received negative feedback in that time or had anyone out right try to scam me, but Iíve definitely had my share of difficult buyers/sellers. I have been outright screwed by UPS and FedEx however. Overall the good far outweighs the bad and without eBay Iíd likely not be long for this hobby as I couldnít afford it.
Wow! That's a pretty solid number! I'd say overall I did fairly well on eBay too, but lately all of these horror stories and of course both them and PayPal upping their fees, just make the idea less appealing.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:13 PM   #840
Davidian
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Davidian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,051
Got my 1:3 Chun Li's last week. Pics posted here (starting at post 4726). Crazy size, but will definitely be the only 1:3 statues I own.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com