Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-18-2019, 11:03 AM   #261
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

I don't know Pattinson since I never watched Twilight because I'm not a girl or gay (if you are either you get a pass). Also You may get a pass if you were drug along by your chick and forced to sit through hours of torture via Twilight movies in order to make her happy.

I have no idea how he'll be since I've never seen him in any other films. The best thing I can say is he has a nice jaw line. That is all.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #262
Mister H
Gen 13

He was in a Harry Potter movie if I remember right. The one where they fought dragons or something?
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #263
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
He was in a Harry Potter movie if I remember right. The one where they fought dragons or something?
I watched the first Harry Potter movie when it came out. It was ok, not really my thing ,I couldn't even tell you what happened in it now if you asked.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:50 AM   #264
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

At the end of the day it’s going to come down to how Reeves does as a Director. While Pattinson wouldn’t even make my list of ideal choices he honestly might do alright in the role.

The only movies I’ve seen him in outside the first Twilight film (2hrs of my life I’ll never get back) where he looked like he was suffering from some uncomfortable constipation was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Rover. His role in HP was far too small to get much out of but he was pretty excellent in The Rover despite the film itself being fairly average.

I’ll reserve judgment but that won’t keep me from poking fun at him over my disdain for the Twilight franchise.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:03 PM   #265
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
At the end of the day it’s going to come down to how Reeves does as a Director. While Pattinson wouldn’t even make my list of ideal choices he honestly might do alright in the role.

The only movies I’ve seen him in outside the first Twilight film (2hrs of my life I’ll never get back) where he looked like he was suffering from some uncomfortable constipation was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and The Rover. His role in HP was far too small to get much out of but he was pretty excellent in The Rover despite the film itself being fairly average.

I’ll reserve judgment but that won’t keep me from poking fun at him over my disdain for the Twilight franchise.
This casting actually makes me call the entire thing into question, along with the leaked villains. I know a lot of people "love" the ape prequels but I'm not really a fan and the only other thing he's really done is Cloverfield, which I also wasn't a fan of.

We have a while to wait since we probably won't see a trailer until late next year, but all this makes me suspect.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:14 PM   #266
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post

Some cool movies I recommend to see more of his work are "The Lost City of Z", "Good Time" and "High Life".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
This casting actually makes me call the entire thing into question, along with the leaked villains. I know a lot of people "love" the ape prequels but I'm not really a fan and the only other thing he's really done is Cloverfield, which I also wasn't a fan of.

We have a while to wait since we probably won't see a trailer until late next year, but all this makes me suspect.
He also directed "Let Me In", which is one of the movies he is most critically acclaimed for.
Jesse Custer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:34 PM   #267
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Custer View Post
Some cool movies I recommend to see more of his work are "The Lost City of Z", "Good Time" and "High Life".

He also directed "Let Me In", which is one of the movies he is most critically acclaimed for.
Let me In is a shadow of Let the Right One In, but, still an okay film.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:04 AM   #268
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Also that he wants to make it an independent Batman movie without any of the other heroes and actually focus on a detective story rather than saving the world. That got me hyped when I heard that.
Totally Hyped for this, I love what he did with the Planet of the Ape movies hence why I am not too fussed about this casting call. Let the man work, good or bad I want to see his vision and if it's bad it's bad so what? There will always be Batman movies.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:22 AM   #269
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Well they ruined this Batman already...extremely poor choice. And this isn't a rant like when they cast Heath Ledger as the Joker and made me eat my words. This guy is a horrible choice.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 09:23 AM   #270
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Oh for fvcks sake. What the hell kind of casting is that? He's going to have to wear a goofy foam muscle suit like the dumb ass Shazam movie. He's way too skinny. I can't see him bulking up enough for the role and I can't even see him in the mask. DC really knows how to screw the pooch.
Exactly
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote