Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

» Spotlight
DGK Albatross Japan Shin Godzilla DGK Megahouse Kamen Rider DGK Damtoys Carnotarus Bust Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2019, 04:20 PM   #961
vudoo1979
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
vudoo1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
They should just honor existing orders. Most full-price statues sit on their shelves for months, even years. I saw a Suicide Squad Captain Boomerang statue at ThinkGeek this past weekend.
I hope they honor. If not. They lost my business because I was told they would.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:14 PM   #962
Hunter Frost
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Hunter Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rooftops and alleyways of Chicago
Posts: 803
Thumbs down Hauxs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
GameStop changed Mera's price to $130.

B!TC#E$
Hunter Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 06:59 AM   #963
EmilyYFY
Doh!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: China
Posts: 10
Need a little help here��Does anyone own the Raven statue designed by Adam Hughes? Will it gradually lean to the left after I display it?
EmilyYFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 AM   #964
jeremydmc
What's another word for Thesaurus?
 
jeremydmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 2,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyYFY View Post
Need a little help here��Does anyone own the Raven statue designed by Adam Hughes? Will it gradually lean to the left after I display it?
I've had mine on display pretty much since release and mine is still at the same angle as when I bought it.
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 09:55 AM   #965
rykerw1701
A day without sunshine is like... night.
 
rykerw1701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyYFY View Post
Need a little help here��Does anyone own the Raven statue designed by Adam Hughes? Will it gradually lean to the left after I display it?
Mine has been on display since it was released with no problems. I find it to be an underrated statue. I like the flow of the cloak and it's one of the more leggy efforts.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #966
EmilyYFY
Doh!
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: China
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I've had mine on display pretty much since release and mine is still at the same angle as when I bought it.
Thatís a relief, thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerw1701 View Post
Mine has been on display since it was released with no problems. I find it to be an underrated statue. I like the flow of the cloak and it's one of the more leggy efforts.
I love how the motion is captured and presented. The base looks cool as well.
EmilyYFY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:07 PM   #967
vudoo1979
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
vudoo1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,667
Soooo.....I have jumped back on board of buying statues. I went a little overboard. Fell way in love with the Joelle Jones cover girls. So I decided to go back and revisit the other waves. I love some of wave 1. So I got black canary. And I am in hopes of getting catwoman for a decent price one day. Now. I got the Catwoman from the “artgerm” era. And to my dismay. I wasn’t as impressed as I thought I would be. I have already ordered the Harley Quinn(hoping to fall in love with her), but am I wrong to stop at those two. I have watched so many unboxing videos. And I think I am
Going to like them. But now I don’t want to waste my money. Looking for opinions.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:19 PM   #968
Gothamite
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
Soooo.....I have jumped back on board of buying statues. I went a little overboard. Fell way in love with the Joelle Jones cover girls. So I decided to go back and revisit the other waves. I love some of wave 1. So I got black canary. And I am in hopes of getting catwoman for a decent price one day. Now. I got the Catwoman from the ďartgermĒ era. And to my dismay. I wasnít as impressed as I thought I would be. I have already ordered the Harley Quinn(hoping to fall in love with her), but am I wrong to stop at those two. I have watched so many unboxing videos. And I think I am
Going to like them. But now I donít want to waste my money. Looking for opinions.
The problem with going back to the previous waves is that they're smaller than the Joelle Jones or Bombshells. You're paying more money (especially the Adam Hughes versions) for "less". You have to really like the previous designs in order to justify the cost to yourself.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:23 PM   #969
vudoo1979
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
vudoo1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The problem with going back to the previous waves is that they're smaller than the Joelle Jones or Bombshells. You're paying more money (especially the Adam Hughes versions) for "less". You have to really like the previous designs in order to justify the cost to yourself.
That is exactly what I thought when I opened up the catwoman. I was like. Whoa. She is small. And I was like I canít believe I spent that much on her. I was a little disappointed I guess. The piece is beautiful. But I would have liked a little more bang for my buck. It sucks to say the least. Lol.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 PM   #970
Gothamite
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Gothamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 11,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by vudoo1979 View Post
That is exactly what I thought when I opened up the catwoman. I was like. Whoa. She is small. And I was like I canít believe I spent that much on her. I was a little disappointed I guess. The piece is beautiful. But I would have liked a little more bang for my buck. It sucks to say the least. Lol.
I bought them as they were being released. However, now that it's easy to get the Joelle Jones and Bombshells statues for $70 to $90, I would not buy any of the earlier Cover Girls unless you find a really good deal, such as Katana.

Katana, $60: https://www.amazon.com/DC-Collectibl.../dp/B00JPIQOV2

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com