Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

View Poll Results: Who is the core character of the MCU?
Captain America (Steve Rogers) 8 22.86%
Iron Man (Tony Stark) 15 42.86%
Both characters are equally important 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2019, 11:38 PM   #21
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

The most important character in the MCU to me was Thanos. The beginnings of Phase I were all fresh and new, so I eagerly watched everything. When Thanos was introduced, he was the glue that held it all together for me. Waiting to see how they handled his storyline, the Gauntlet, the "Stones", that's what I was looking for. I thought a good number of the solo films were mediocre at best, and sequels (with the exception of Winter Soldier and Ragnarok), were always inferior to their predecessors.

Honestly, short of cosmic/mystic based films, I don't know how many I plan to see in the theaters moving forward. There are only so many times I can watch reboots of Spiderman, The X-Men and FF.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #22
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
The most important character in the MCU to me was Thanos. The beginnings of Phase I were all fresh and new, so I eagerly watched everything. When Thanos was introduced, he was the glue that held it all together for me. Waiting to see how they handled his storyline, the Gauntlet, the "Stones", that's what I was looking for. I thought a good number of the solo films were mediocre at best, and sequels (with the exception of Winter Soldier and Ragnarok), were always inferior to their predecessors.

Honestly, short of cosmic/mystic based films, I don't know how many I plan to see in the theaters moving forward. There are only so many times I can watch reboots of Spiderman, The X-Men and FF.
... and I can't wait to see them all in the theater. If done well like they have been in the MCU to date, my butt will have a seat in the theater every time

This is what we all grew up wanting - great movie versions of the stories we loved from comics. I hope the trend continues for a long time

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 09:45 AM   #23
Vracula
Jedi Order

I can't imagine it without either.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:32 AM   #24
Augen
Metal Men

Iron Man 1 redefined super hero movies with the whole "expanded universe" interconnected nature. It also gave the MCU its signature formula for success it has tweaked for eleven years to great success.

Even as a Captain America fan who prefers his movies over Iron Man, I cannot deny how impactful Iron Man has been on the landscape and is the core of the MCU.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:39 AM   #25
built2shred
Phoenix

I can't imagine the MCU without either one of them.... Losing your top two characters in the MCU is going to hurt going forward... I'm also going to miss Black Widow, I thought Scarlett Johansson did an awesome job with that character...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:41 AM   #26
SONICobra
Batman

i agree my interest in the mcu has been lessened SIGNIFICANTLY - they better get on those FF and xmen movies stat
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #27
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i agree my interest in the mcu has been lessened SIGNIFICANTLY - they better get on those FF and xmen movies stat
I don't expect them to be in this next phase at all. Even if they start now likely be 2023 before we see them on the screen with rest of MCU.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #28
SONICobra
Batman

i dont think they will be either, marvels really going to have to step up their game. so far im not as excited as i hoped i would be going into this next phase

- no cap / no iron man
- weak smart wise cracking hulk
- funny man thor
- gotg (hit or miss, didnt like vol 2 and the shtick is getting old imo)
- shang chi (i guess well see but not sure how its going to be a blockbuster)
- a pretty lack luster captain marvel

the only characters left that i really care about are dr. strange, black panther and antman

then theres these streaming shows that i dont know what to think of. supposedly theyre going to be integral to the movies going forward basically forcing you to buy their service which just reminds me of the BS crossover comic events that force you to buy a bunch of titles you dont care about

im very skeptical about the future of the mcu personally
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:57 PM   #29
statman
Baron Zemo

Quote:
i dont think they will be either, marvels really going to have to step up their game. so far im not as excited as i hoped i would be going into this next phase

- no cap / no iron man
- weak smart wise cracking hulk
- funny man thor
- gotg (hit or miss, didnt like vol 2 and the shtick is getting old imo)
- shang chi (i guess well see but not sure how its going to be a blockbuster)
- a pretty lack luster captain marvel

the only characters left that i really care about are dr. strange, black panther and antman

then theres these streaming shows that i dont know what to think of. supposedly theyre going to be integral to the movies going forward basically forcing you to buy their service which just reminds me of the BS crossover comic events that force you to buy a bunch of titles you dont care about

I see where you are coming from, but I'll let them have the benefit of the doubt until a real stinker comes out. After 22 pretty good to excellent movies, they've earned a little trust in my book.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:30 PM   #30
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:

I can't stand those shows ,pick any superhero show and the main arc always end up being some bull---- love triangle and has way more episodes than they need.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote