Statue Forum 





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

» Spotlight
DGK Albatross Japan Shin Godzilla DGK Megahouse Kamen Rider DGK Damtoys Carnotarus Bust Current Interview:
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2013, 03:35 AM   #15151
Dirt Torpedo
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
 
Dirt Torpedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In a World of my own.
Posts: 5,081
I spit on your grave 2..... The original was a nasty bit of work, this is a steaming dog turd of a movie. 1/10

Frankensteins Army....6/10
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 04:09 AM   #15152
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Super Moderator
 
Nidgit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Awe-strail-ya
Posts: 10,644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I agree, very overrated movie. the part about his taking a point blank bullet to the head and yet an ambulance arrives way later and he's still alive on the operating table not to mention the fact that he knew his partner for all over 3 hours then we're supposed to buy into their supposed bond later.

I enjoy part 2 a lot more, it had a lot more fun with itself where the first is a ludicrous movie that tries to take itself way too serious...plus Robo-Cain is friggin amazing where as Ed is a damn walking dumpster
Boo and hiss to both of you


The Iceman: 8/10 - I really enjoyed this (in as much as you can enjoy the true story of a hitman / serial killer). Very freaky stuff and Chris Evans is almost un-recognisable as Mr. Frosty.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #15153
Python
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Not a fan of Avengers and liked IM3.
Yeah, is that really so weird? Avengers was incredibly over hyped which is always a good way to ruin a film. IM3 on the other hand I personally hadn't heard much about. I did say it wasn't brilliant, just enjoyable. I would put the Avengers in the same category, just a little lower due to Captain Americas presence and the way they changed everything to make the film work...(No spoilers but I'm looking at you hulk)
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:52 AM   #15154
protector2814
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
protector2814's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Posts: 11,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Kick ass 2. 5/10
The naked prey 4/10. A 1960 movie and I am sure in its day it was great. Not now tho lol
Sorry, man. Feel this is my fault. I liked this film & hopefully, you saw why I compared it to Apokolypto.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #15155
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,766
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Robocop 5.5/10

Where to start. The ludicrous attempt by the medical team to try and save Murphy even though he had his brains blown out. Then the even more stupid idea of incorporating what was left of his corpse into a robot. What's more ludicrous is the money wasted remaking this rubbish.

I'll give props for the visual effects for the time and the Robocop design and Kurtwood Smith as the over the top bad guy. Otherwise the acting or lack of it is breath taking.
Yeah, because it's perfectly logical when they stick a 6 inch needle in their brain without getting hurt or when they rebuild their muscles from the scratch in a day or two in the Matrix. There is a reason why science fiction has fiction in its name.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #15156
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator
 
Bullseye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Makena's Kennel.
Posts: 33,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Yeah, because it's perfectly logical when they stick a 6 inch needle in their brain without getting hurt or when they rebuild their muscles from the scratch in a day or two in the Matrix. There is a reason why science fiction has fiction in its name.
There is good sci-fi and there is Robocop.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #15157
Dirt Torpedo
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.
 
Dirt Torpedo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In a World of my own.
Posts: 5,081
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
There is good sci-fi and there is Robocop.
Someones been on the Guinness
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #15158
ratchet
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
ratchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: My House
Posts: 16,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
There is good sci-fi and there is Robocop.
One in the same, in my opinion.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #15159
Luminous
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!
 
Luminous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 11,341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, is that really so weird? Avengers was incredibly over hyped which is always a good way to ruin a film. IM3 on the other hand I personally hadn't heard much about. I did say it wasn't brilliant, just enjoyable. I would put the Avengers in the same category, just a little lower due to Captain Americas presence and the way they changed everything to make the film work...(No spoilers but I'm looking at you hulk)
Seems to me you're rating the films based purely on how much hype you absorbed prior to viewing them..... and nothing more.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:12 PM   #15160
Python
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
Python's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 7,586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Seems to me you're rating the films based purely on how much hype you absorbed prior to viewing them..... and nothing more.
Not really, although clearly if a film is over hyped it won't help its cause, Avatar is probably the best example of that. I gave other reasons, Avengers just wasn't a great film imo, I didn't hate it but I can't really go into detail why on a non spoiler thread. Iron man 3, while also not the best film ever made was pretty enjoyable. I didn't realise me preferring the later would cause so much hassle lol, forget I mentioned anything.....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com