Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Giclees/Lithos/Prints/Posters

Old 11-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #1621
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rycher View Post
So I just received a framed print from HCG today and have a quick question to ask of those who have purchased framed prints from them. Is it safe to say that acid-free backing and uv protected glass/acrylic was used? I don't want to risk damaging the print to find out. Their site said it was framed by the artist (JP Valderrama). Has anyone who ordered any of his framed prints or has purchased his stuff before confirm if the frame-up is good enough for basic archival purposes?
I've ordered framed stuff with them. I'm sure the materials are acid free. I'm sure the glass is not the uv protected. I would go to the artists web site and email him. The guy is cool and will answer your questions.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:01 PM   #1622
Sithlord32
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I've ordered framed stuff with them. I'm sure the materials are acid free. I'm sure the glass is not the uv protected. I would go to the artists web site and email him. The guy is cool and will answer your questions.
Agreed JP is a decent guy you should have no problems getting a straight answer from him.
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:32 PM   #1623
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sithlord32 View Post
Agreed JP is a decent guy you should have no problems getting a straight answer from him.
Thanks guys. I contacted him and he said he didn't actually do the frame-up--HCG did--which is unfortunate since the rep I spoke to at HCG didn't seem to know for sure whether or not certain materials were used. Oh well, I guess I'll just roll the dice and assume, at the very least, that acid-free backing was used.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #1624
Simplyrob
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Picked up a cool Paul Shipper Han Solo 5"x5" pencil OG today. Also, Stout put his 2015 Lunar calendar up for pre-order today, +1 to replace the 2014 calendar up in my wife's 2nd grade class.
Simplyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 12:17 PM   #1625
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Ok, favourite poster ever! I actually put this poster together myself! I've got no artistic or technical talent but I thought I'd have a go for fun. I put it up for sale on society 6, ordered one, and hey presto a giclee print arrives a couple of weeks later.

I'll have a go at making some more posters, try to learn and do something more original and skilled.
jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 04:14 PM   #1626
NullSkier
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Saw Interstellar in IMAX today, and they were giving away this pretty sweet poster by Kevin Dart.

NullSkier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #1627
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Just recently discovered that one of my favorite games of all time, Dishonored, actually does have collectibles on the market.. It's time to play a little catch up.

First up,

"Her Face is My Smile" (74/75)

(official render)

"Light Along the Inverse Curve, Sokolov's Self Portrait" (31/75)

(official render)

While I could probably go on forever about why I think these (of all possible "collectible" options) are so awesome, and get into the most tedious details regarding their conception, back-story and overall significance within the game, I'll refrain.
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #1628
BurningRage
Inhumans

Mondo TMNT

BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:19 PM   #1629
jimmmy
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Edmiston!

jimmmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 09:21 PM   #1630
TheYoungWolf
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

The Legend of Korra by Goef Darrow

While I'm pleased with the print itself, there are a few things that I find a little concerning.

For starters, there's a slight indentation/crease towards the top of the print. Normally, I don't mind small blemishes here and there, but this one's made more noticeable by the fact that there's not much else going on in that portion of the artwork.

Secondly, the print was advertised as a hand signed/hand numbered edition of 375. My print is number 111 of 400 and doesn't have the artist's signature..

Now I know for a fact that Geof signed these, because prior to their release, a picture was taken of him signing what looks to be all 375/400? of them.

I've been digging around for a few hours trying to make sense of this and have come up mostly empty handed. There's one on eBay that's signed by Darrow, but it doesn't indicate/show an edition number (located at the bottom left of the print in pencil, on mine at least) and the seller's description implies that all 400 were signed. Aside from that, nothing, with the exception of a few articles publicizing the artwork.

I was thinking that maybe a select few, possibly 25, were signed and sold at NYCC, but that doesn't really add up with what I'm seeing around. It's probably unlikely, but did anyone else happen to order this?

I'm at a bit of a loss for recourse.. Do I try to return it in exchange for a replacement? If so, do I cite the crease, or the discrepancy in the description? Nick.com uses Amazon to fulfill their orders and surprisingly, I've never had to return or replace anything from Amazon.

Any thoughts/advice?
TheYoungWolf is offline   Reply With Quote