Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Kinetiquettes

Old 01-30-2015, 08:13 PM   #111
rebirthz
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hope some pictures will pop up soon! Maybe would be good to post more stuff on facebook just an idea
rebirthz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 09:58 AM   #112
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebirthz View Post
Hope some pictures will pop up soon! Maybe would be good to post more stuff on facebook just an idea
We are currently preparing for our showcase in Japan next week where we will reveal Oni. We'll also post up photos of Ryu as soon as we receive the sample that we are truly satisfied with. We have been iterating with the factory to make sure it meets the quality standards that you guys deserve.

Do subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 09:22 PM   #113
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Hey Kinetiquettes

Thanks for the update in the recent newsletter.

Can you help me understand the production process.

In the letter you say:
"We have already iterated twice on the samples they sent us, but we will finally be receiving the completed sample this week."

But before you have received the final sample they have already produced the bulk of the statues based on the pics you showed.

So I guess I'm confused. What change can you affect at this stage?

Was the final issue with the face? Which is not in any of the production line photos?

I don't work in the industry so am genuinely curious.

I thought they'd keep sending you samples until you say OK this is approved, now you can produce 350 (or whatever the ES is).

Or did you approve the body and the base already so they could get started. I mean those pieces are painted.
Or can they be painted over?

Again, my main question is at this stage what chaneg can you affect with the sample given how far they seem to have come?

Looking forward the Oni teaser!

Cheers
Mark
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:21 PM   #114
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Hey Kinetiquettes

Thanks for the update in the recent newsletter.

Can you help me understand the production process.

In the letter you say:
"We have already iterated twice on the samples they sent us, but we will finally be receiving the completed sample this week."

But before you have received the final sample they have already produced the bulk of the statues based on the pics you showed.

So I guess I'm confused. What change can you affect at this stage?

Was the final issue with the face? Which is not in any of the production line photos?

I don't work in the industry so am genuinely curious.

I thought they'd keep sending you samples until you say OK this is approved, now you can produce 350 (or whatever the ES is).

Or did you approve the body and the base already so they could get started. I mean those pieces are painted.
Or can they be painted over?

Again, my main question is at this stage what chaneg can you affect with the sample given how far they seem to have come?

Looking forward the Oni teaser!

Cheers
Mark
Sorry for the confusion, Mark. Its as you assumed, the body and base were approved in the first sample they sent us so they went ahead with the production of those. Surprisingly the face came out well even in the first sample. To avoid cross eye issues, we actually sculpted the pupils so the painters can follow the direction correctly.

The 2nd sample had issue with the Hadouken color so we asked them to iterate on that. Furthermore, the hair and drapery needed to be of slightly more flexible material to avoid breakage issues during shipping. So they are sending these final changes before they actually start mass producing these parts

Although this time around the iteration process was quite long because of our request to split up the model into the appropriate parts and make the hadouken seamline less obvious (you will see some of this process in the next video diary).

For Oni, we did the splitting ourselves and the sample iterations should be quicker and less work on their end. We realized that the more we ensure the sculpt meets the production requirements, the lesser chances of issues in the sample.

We did post a teaser of Oni's sculpt in the newsletter. We'll be doing a full painted reveal and announce the PO date soon
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #115
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAsHell View Post
Sorry for the confusion, Mark. Its as you assumed, the body and base were approved in the first sample they sent us so they went ahead with the production of those. Surprisingly the face came out well even in the first sample. To avoid cross eye issues, we actually sculpted the pupils so the painters can follow the direction correctly.

The 2nd sample had issue with the Hadouken color so we asked them to iterate on that. Furthermore, the hair and drapery needed to be of slightly more flexible material to avoid breakage issues during shipping. So they are sending these final changes before they actually start mass producing these parts

Although this time around the iteration process was quite long because of our request to split up the model into the appropriate parts and make the hadouken seamline less obvious (you will see some of this process in the next video diary).

For Oni, we did the splitting ourselves and the sample iterations should be quicker and less work on their end. We realized that the more we ensure the sculpt meets the production requirements, the lesser chances of issues in the sample.

We did post a teaser of Oni's sculpt in the newsletter. We'll be doing a full painted reveal and announce the PO date soon
Great info! I especially appreciate the extra steps you're willing to take to avoid the very common "googley eyes" syndrome. Evil Ryu v Oni, will definitely be a welcome addition to the collection. Very excited to see who the next round of characters will be
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #116
rhy
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Hairyashell, Ball park figure on shipping to Cali, USA?
rhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 06:29 AM   #117
HairyAsHell
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhy View Post
Hairyashell, Ball park figure on shipping to Cali, USA?
Can't say yet, but estimated shipping weight is expected to be 8kgs and based on that it seems the shipping would be around $100 to the U.S as we are doing drop ship. We are still looking at ways we can make it lower for you guys
HairyAsHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:29 AM   #118
dao2
Cyclops

drop ship

dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 08:34 AM   #119
BornFreeSF
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
To avoid cross eye issues, we actually sculpted the pupils so the painters can follow the direction correctly.
Thanks for the detailed info. Very much appreciated. Love the idea of sculpting the pupils.

Quote:
Can't say yet, but estimated shipping weight is expected to be 8kgs and based on that it seems the shipping would be around $100 to the U.S as we are doing drop ship. We are still looking at ways we can make it lower for you guys
Not going to lie. This is a LOT and greatly increases the price of the statue. Whatever you can figure out - please try.
BornFreeSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 03:46 PM   #120
Kinetiquettes
Producer
Producer

Finally the photos you have been waiting for
http://www.kinetiquettes.com/evil-ry...sample-photos/
Kinetiquettes is offline   Reply With Quote