Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-09-2017, 05:34 PM   #471
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
When people say the Japanese line is a global licence does that mean future ones will be available in North America? Who would distribute them? Or would it still be XM distributing?
We've asked and not gotten any response. Well, I should say, we were given an answer that was incorrect.

We were directed to a distributor's website and told to use that to buy these pieces, but said company doesn't deal with individual customers, only retailers. So, unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:01 PM   #472
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
We've asked and not gotten any response. Well, I should say, we were given an answer that was incorrect.

We were directed to a distributor's website and told to use that to buy these pieces, but said company doesn't deal with individual customers, only retailers. So, unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine.
I see, thanks. I'd love to be able to buy these from my LCS. Would probably make me complete the whole collection!
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #473
NinNin
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hopefully the global license actually translates to reduced cost in acquiring the rest of the pieces in this line. From what I've seen, these online shop prices have still been inflated on globally licensed XM statues.

Iirc GFX distribution is being used, but as mentioned before we can't purchase from them as we would from Sideshow or XM directly. I wish XM had an official base of operations/warehouse in the states. Kind of defeats the purpose of a global license if it ends up costing the same as getting it from Singapore.
NinNin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:19 PM   #474
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, I wish XM would work with BBTS to get their global licensed statues to the US. That would be awesome!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #475
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, I wish XM would work with BBTS to get their global licensed statues to the US. That would be awesome!
Normally, I love BBTS, but in this case, they're complete bull----. I say this because if you look at Spec Fiction and Secret Compass for Witchblade (also a global license) you see they are charging around $775. BBTS on the other hand, is charging $950 for the same piece.
Old 06-10-2017, 03:33 AM   #476
ukshaun
Hercules

XM Studio's should work with SideShow, as SideShow customer service is excellent.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:31 AM   #477
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Normally, I love BBTS, but in this case, they're complete bull----. I say this because if you look at Spec Fiction and Secret Compass for Witchblade (also a global license) you see they are charging around $775. BBTS on the other hand, is charging $950 for the same piece.
Yea, but I do trust BBTS more ...and IMO, their customer service is much better. Plus BBTS has a hassle free return policy. I've never encountered issues with returns, exchanges and dealings with BBTS Customer Service.

BBTS shipping is cheap ...maybe they are adding some of the shipping cost from Singapore to Witchblade. How much is shipping for Secret Compass?
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:17 AM   #478
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, but I do trust BBTS more ...and IMO, their customer service is much better. Plus BBTS has a hassle free return policy. I've never encountered issues with returns, exchanges and dealings with BBTS Customer Service.

BBTS shipping is cheap ...maybe they are adding some of the shipping cost from Singapore to Witchblade. How much is shipping for Secret Compass?
Normal shipping. It specifically says on their page that it is not shipping from overseas, it's shipping from their warehouse in Colorado.

And yes, I agree on BBTS' customer service. I am just sort of disgusted their wanting $150 more than other retailers for the same piece.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:52 AM   #479
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Normal shipping. It specifically says on their page that it is not shipping from overseas, it's shipping from their warehouse in Colorado.

And yes, I agree on BBTS' customer service. I am just sort of disgusted their wanting $150 more than other retailers for the same piece.
Yeah that is B.S..
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 01:30 PM   #480
Issun
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Last I tried to PO Samurai Batman I was reminded that I couldn't if I was trying to ship stateside or anywhere else unless it was in a country specified on their website, ie Thailand, Philippines, yada yada. Pretty sure the same will go for the rest of the pieces.
Issun is offline   Reply With Quote