Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #201
qz33
Doctor Doom

Why do people PO Bishoujo?

They are always widely available after release and often with better pricing.

I get DeepDiscount advertised good prices but if they are a good bit better than anyone else you have to ask yourself, why? As mass market consumers we're very accustomed to being insulated from risk.

At least your chances for a refund are good. I PO'd a $300 statue from a website that turned out to be a scam. It was $400 everywhere else. Delivery time was past PayPal and CC's terms. I lost my $300 and got nothing not even responses.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #202
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

I get DeepDiscount advertised good prices but if they are a good bit better than anyone else you have to ask yourself, why? As mass market consumers we're very accustomed to being insulated from risk.

At least your chances for a refund are good. I PO'd a $300 statue from a website that turned out to be a scam. It was $400 everywhere else. Delivery time was past PayPal and CC's terms. I lost my $300 and got nothing not even responses.
It's a tough hobby because the number of units manufactured is dependent on the number of preorders. A lack of preorders leads companies to assume that there's a lack of interest.

In my experience, though, retailers don't charge the full amount for statues if you use a credit card until the statue is shipped or unless you tell them to go ahead and place the charge. (Obviously, risk is higher if you use a debit card or direct bank withdrawal.)
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #203
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
It's a tough hobby because the number of units manufactured is dependent on the number of preorders. A lack of preorders leads companies to assume that there's a lack of interest.

In my experience, though, retailers don't charge the full amount for statues if you use a credit card until the statue is shipped or unless you tell them to go ahead and place the charge. (Obviously, risk is higher if you use a debit card or direct bank withdrawal.)
Yeah but bishoujo are pretty high volume and that's a manufacturer issue. Without FOMO I can't imagine that many consumers are concerned about assisting Koto.

Good retailers don't charge the full amount. I used PayPal and a Credit Card but after 6 months I was up a creek.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:06 PM   #204
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Yeah but bishoujo are pretty high volume and that's a manufacturer issue. Without FOMO I can't imagine that many consumers are concerned about assisting Koto.
Sure, but retailers don't want to be stuck with unsold inventory, either. Back when Barnes & Noble used to be serious about selling Koto in stores, statues would sit there for months/years before being Clearanced for 75% off or even $2. This was true even of popular characters such as Harley Quinn, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, etc.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:11 PM   #205
ddarko
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:

As Gothamite said, pre-orders do play a role in determining the production sizes to some extent. That being said, the main reason I pre-ordered in this case is because the price was really good (almost the kind that you would expect to get during a sale after release). Since DeepDiscount is a legitimate business and not a scam site, it felt like a reasonable gamble to place an order with them and expect them to deliver.

However, it appears that they are pretty close to meeting the definitions of a scam site at the moment in regards to sale of figures
ddarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 04:15 PM   #206
ddarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I decided to call Deep Discount.

I was told they had more orders than items they received which is why mine hasn't shipped. They are expecting another shipment at the end of the month. If that is not enough to include my order, I will be refunded and my order cancelled. I should note my Jenny Frison Wonder Woman has the same situation.

If that happens I'm done with Deep Discount as sounds like part of the model is to run low inventory to sell pieces immediately or just have people give them 0% loans for months.
Thanks for doing this. It also does sound like they are essentially getting a 0% loan as you put it. I paid using Paypal since I didn't like giving them my CC info. So ended up giving them funds back in April too. I suppose I can give them till end of the month, since it would still be within Paypal dispute period, but if they don't satisfy the order, I will never order with them again.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:20 PM   #207
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The reason I PO'd was the use of a code leading to a really good price on the piece. Normally I wait it out on say Amazon for a good deal.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 06:27 PM   #208
ddarko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
The reason I PO'd was the use of a code leading to a really good price on the piece. Normally I wait it out on say Amazon for a good deal.
Ah yea, forgot to mention that. It was the same for me. The code brought the price down to an even more attractive number
Old 08-06-2019, 07:23 PM   #209
elvirawynter

Quote:

Personally I've found that some can be quite hard to get not long after release. Also POing shows Koto whether you are interested in a line. More preorders means more chances of the line continuing etc!

I preorder because I fully support the series and I want it to continue.
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 09:27 PM   #210
Losrock
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddarko View Post
Ah yea, forgot to mention that. It was the same for me. The code brought the price down to an even more attractive number
Same for me. DD's price seemed really good after the 15% savings code. But I've still not heard anything about the Scarlett I POed with them. I have paid with credit card. They initially show up as pending on my credit card site, but then it goes away and I've never been charged for anything to date. They have already cancelled 3 previous orders for me. I POed them all a while ago before I found out they weren't that reliable.
Losrock is offline   Reply With Quote