Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-26-2014, 11:13 AM   #2011
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
I wonder would anyone trade your XM Magneto for a Mint Spiderman Comiquette (regular)?

Just a curious question , with all the hype around
If I had an extra mags order that I got for retail maybe and they'd have to pay shipping on both...but my only mags for Spidey comiquette hell no I can't think of anything i'd trade for
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:27 AM   #2012
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Moot point imho, as someone already mentioned, you can easily sell 1x Mag to buy 1x Spiderman and have a good amount of extra cash. Wouldn't be surprised if by the time Mag is in hand, you could sell it to buy 2x Spiderman Comiquettes.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:39 AM   #2013
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf-brother View Post
Trade XM Magneto for Spidey Com!
No way! This Magneto statue is on another level in terms of creativity. He's not just sitting on an ornate chair...his throne is a Sentinel hand!
Nonsense. The Spidey sculpted by Martin Canale is a masterpiece. There is no another level here.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #2014
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Nonsense. The Spidey sculpted by Martin Canale is a masterpiece. There is no another level here.
in terms of spidey? correct but xm seems to on another level in terms of creativity.

but this topic is pointless because we are comparing 2 different characters. wait until xm comes out with a spidey (if they do) and then i think the comparisons will be fair.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:00 PM   #2015
The Mule
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
To be fair, he said it's on another level in terms of creativity, and I tend to agree.
Magneto is on a throne made of a destroyed Sentinel hand and placed on the ruins of Xavier's school, and you can choose between the angry sculpt and the meditative sculpt.
Spiderman is in his classical spider stance hanging on a wall.
While this doesn't make necessarily one statue better than the other, I think there is not much room for debate about which one is more creative.
The Mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:03 PM   #2016
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
I agree. Martin Canale knocked off the park with Spidey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
in terms of spidey? correct but xm seems to on another level in terms of creativity.

but this topic is pointless because we are comparing 2 different characters. wait until xm comes out with a spidey (if they do) and then i think the comparisons will be fair.
That is a good assessment. Comparing both is like comparing apples and oranges. It is an unfair comparison.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:05 PM   #2017
vorpoll
Shadowhawk

Although I have the Spidey Com and have yet to see Magneto in person as far as owning the statue I can see making the trade. Spidey is a worthy statue hands down and one of my favorite pieces I own. Now if we are talking value Mags has the potential to skyrocket
vorpoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:23 PM   #2018
wanderlai
The Tick

The Spidey comm is the best Spidey done but value wise it doesn't wash out with Magneto. As others have said Magneto will be worth much more in the aftermarket IMO. The ES is already very limited and I don't see many letting one go unless they bought more than one.
wanderlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #2019
Titanchuck
Cyclops
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorpoll View Post
Although I have the Spidey Com and have yet to see Magneto in person as far as owning the statue I can see making the trade. Spidey is a worthy statue hands down and one of my favorite pieces I own. Now if we are talking value Mags has the potential to skyrocket
Its got more than potential brother I've see pre orders selling at 1400.00 right now and unlike other places we don't have to say let's see what the production piece will look like first we know with xm studios reputation it's gonna be like the proto or better
Titanchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #2020
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mule View Post
To be fair, he said it's on another level in terms of creativity, and I tend to agree.
Magneto is on a throne made of a destroyed Sentinel hand and placed on the ruins of Xavier's school, and you can choose between the angry sculpt and the meditative sculpt.
Spiderman is in his classical spider stance hanging on a wall.
While this doesn't make necessarily one statue better than the other, I think there is not much room for debate about which one is more creative.
You cannot dismiss the high level of creativity and technical ingenuity of having Spidey hanging on the wall. Many statues tried before to portrait Spider Man's physical prowess, but none did it as good as this. It is one of the greatest achievements from Sideshow. That alone, makes it very desirable among collectors of this legendary company.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote