Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-29-2019, 11:45 PM   #301
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

how is there an ES on this already, but none of the Preds? I hate the drool as well, and it will probably keep me away from buying if it can't be removed. The market is going to be flooded with 1/3 Big Chaps, so no rush to order for me.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:19 AM   #302
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
The coolprops version was signed off by the Giger museum (which costs a lot apparently) And it was meticulously sculpted to be accurate by researching the real props, as was the Mamegyorai. They are both expensive, but can kind of get away with it. These Prime 1 versions are great, but they are just nice in house sculpts without that kind of pedigree or accuracy, it's almost like they want a slice of what the competition are doing, without actually committing to the same amount of R&D etc. Or maybe that's harsh? I don't know.

Again, I like these quite a lot, but I wasn't expecting it (The DX) to be almost as pricey as the Mamegyorai.
Factory cost do not care how design or accurate your sculpt they dont give a damn about it. .. they will calculate about size, parts, labor cost and how difficult painting how much time to complete the projects. So please keep in mind that. What you ask about is to make same level cost as coolprops which is ridiculous. By the way i own multiple factory from various country india,china and philippine. I know perfectly how thing work.
Nextlevel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 03:24 AM   #303
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwholaughs View Post
Well, the price was expected to be like so. I guess we have to live with the fact, that source material is getting as well more expensive as the resin is connected to oil price, raising labour costs even in China might add up as well.

Overall a pure beauty and will have to save up now asap. Only thing I have to admit, the slime droll is out of place and I dearly hope it is detachable or something else. It looked so much better without it. As well the ripped tubing around the shoulder opening of the display bust are just off. Would be perfect without them.
They will remove the drool i spoke with my friend at prime1 about it because in fact much easier to produce actually and less headache.
Old 11-30-2019, 03:56 AM   #304
Liquid75
Shadowhawk

Too bad. I loved the look with the drool
Liquid75 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 04:07 AM   #305
dao2
Cyclops

good :| it looked horrible to me
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 09:50 AM   #306
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Drool looks really cheesy. Glad to hear they'll remove it!
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:34 AM   #307
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextlevel99 View Post
Factory cost do not care how design or accurate your sculpt they dont give a damn about it. .. they will calculate about size, parts, labor cost and how difficult painting how much time to complete the projects. So please keep in mind that. What you ask about is to make same level cost as coolprops which is ridiculous. By the way i own multiple factory from various country india,china and philippine. I know perfectly how thing work.
No, I didn't ask for that. Nor did I mention factory costs. I mentioned the actual design phase in which both CP and Mamegyorai went to extreme lengths to get theirs right. Prime 1 went with a more artistic take and didn't worry themselves with such attention to detail. I just think these are a bit steep in price, but I don't own factories, I'm just a pleb...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 10:45 AM   #308
Nextlevel99
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
No, I didn't ask for that. Nor did I mention factory costs. I mentioned the actual design phase in which both CP and Mamegyorai both went to extreme lengths to get theirs right. Prime 1 went with a more artistic take and didn't worry themselves with such attention to detail. I just think these are a bit steep in price, but I don't own factories, I'm just a pleb...
Ahh ok! My bad. As for the pricing i was thinking this statue will be more expensive due the paint application and base that will add the cost.. I owned both mamegyorai and coolprops which are overprice for the price they ask inferior paint job and simple base. Prime1 Dog alien is really great example for what you pay for the price.
Old 11-30-2019, 01:22 PM   #309
Cromulon
Justice League

Yeah, i think P1 has everyone pretty much beat. They produce their own stuff domestically. While everyone else (coolprops, sadshow, XM, infinity studio), they all have their stuff mass produced in China (they are at the mercy of tariff wars). P1 as far as i know it, are made domestically in Japan or surrounding territories where they have control over every aspect of the manufacture process. I have never seen my P1 statues say "produced in China", when all my XM pieces have that right on the back of the box.

Glad to hear that the drool is being dropped. They could make it detachable, that would be cool but better without it. I just really wish there was more "nostromo love" with some gimmicky 70's looking lights or something. Lights on these would have been really cool, Dog Alien candles lighting up or a hallway light or one of those yellow hallway lights. But when ever I display a statue that has lights built in, I never have them turned on anyway lol

I hope P1 has the rights to do Alien Isolation. I would buy an Isolation Xeno and Amanda Ripley in a heart beat.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #310
dao2
Cyclops

Pretty sure they aren't made in Japan and are made in China ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote