Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 07-05-2015, 11:08 AM   #111
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornFreeSF View Post
Look again. You're seeing things Patrick :P
Yeah the yellow gloves from SF4 are amazing.

On a serious note that's sort of why the era matters.
Your idea of a switch out OG Evil Ryu head with Reg Ryu head would only really work with a game color scheme that had the same gloves as Evil Ryu (dark brown....mostly).

SSF2T (all gloves are the same colour - dark brown?)

SFA3

I can't find a colour chart for SFA Ryu

SF3 Third Strike (Ryu with the yellow head band's gloves are dark brown...I think....)

But having a black and yellow Ryu colour scheme from previous titles is not as good with yellow gloves in SF4.

Sucks because I thought that was a pretty cool idea about the switch out OG Evil Ryu head.

I think you'd have to choose one or the other as an EX - OG Evil Ryu or Black/Yellow SF4 Colour Variant Ryu.

On a personal note I'm with you in regards to Evil Ryu. Much prefer the new one.

Agree completely on all accounts.

In my mind these are the options.

1) No Ex.

2) Color Variation (preferably Black and Yellow). Possibly Statue Forum voted?

3) E.Ryu

4) E.Ryu with regular swap out portrait for a 'best of both worlds' display. With neutral gloves to match either portrait (imho SF4 color 10 for this because he can just pack an additional reg head in the box).

I really hope option #4 would just erase option #3. Even if it cost a few extra bucks.

And please keep the ES equal.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #112
equi-nox76
Alpha Flight

No EX please and make a different pose Evil Ryu.
equi-nox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #113
strife87
Spider-Ham

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
Agree completely on all accounts.

In my mind these are the options.

1) No Ex.

2) Color Variation (preferably Black and Yellow). Possibly Statue Forum voted?

3) E.Ryu

4) E.Ryu with regular swap out portrait for a 'best of both worlds' display. With neutral gloves to match either portrait (imho SF4 color 10 for this because he can just pack an additional reg head in the box).

I really hope option #4 would just erase option #3. Even if it cost a few extra bucks.

And please keep the ES equal.
This may be in the realm of a newbie question, but if we are going for a best of both worlds aspect, why not utilize switch out hands with the alternate gloves, could be magnetized to fit over the wrist and the glove would cover the seam. I don't know what this would add to the overall cost, may be something to think about

Or even on maybe a more price economical idea would be to mix media the gloves and just have them slip on or off the statue instead of sculpting. Same could be said about the headband, I'm sure there's a way to make the mix media aspect swappable instead of a bunch of extra sculpted pieces that would raise the cost.

Also this way, you could avoid doing an exclusive, the pieces could both be in one package, and could please more of the fan base.

Just an idea, feel free to shoot holes in it.
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:57 PM   #114
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
This may be in the realm of a newbie question, but if we are going for a best of both worlds aspect, why not utilize switch out hands with the alternate gloves, could be magnetized to fit over the wrist and the glove would cover the seam. I don't know what this would add to the overall cost, may be something to think about

Or even on maybe a more price economical idea would be to mix media the gloves and just have them slip on or off the statue instead of sculpting. Same could be said about the headband, I'm sure there's a way to make the mix media aspect swappable instead of a bunch of extra sculpted pieces that would raise the cost.

Also this way, you could avoid doing an exclusive, the pieces could both be in one package, and could please more of the fan base.

Just an idea, feel free to shoot holes in it.
A few aspects I like and a few I feel would be problematic.

I like the idea of sculpted swap out hands. But I'd hope they be pinned instead of magnets. Just for long term quality.

As far as mixed media gloves go... Cool idea, I'm just not sure we'd get the same level of detail we've come to expect from the sculpted gloves. And if they could get gloves that small to look the way they should it'd probably cost a fortune.

Don't get me started on whether they could be reproduced at the factory level lol!

The headband color change would be ok. But it has two inherent problems.

1) It wouldn't change E.Ryu's red eyes. So in that instance a full head sculpt still works better.

2) As you know from 1/4 Ryu the cloth headband is threaded BEHIND his glued, sculpted eyebrows. So changing headband could be a real pain, and possibly damage the statue.

So some good ideas there. But most of that is just easier with neutral gloves and a second head. Or just run with a second color scheme.

But who knows.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:53 PM   #115
strife87
Spider-Ham

I forgot about the red eyes I was so focused on the clothing...

That really throws out the headband swap argument... I think you could manage it on the bigger scale, even if you made the eyebrows less prominent, and you would have more room on the forehead to avoid it, but without the eyes what's the point?

Sculpted extra hands would definitely be better, but I'm wondering how cost effective it would be? I'd pay a little extra for one bada## statue that came with extra head and hands with a higher price to accommodate for the extras.

Would you be able to pin them in a way to hide the pins? I've never seen this, sounds long lasting, I was just thinking with kitana you can swap the hands and not see the lines, much like you could with ryu since he wears gloves.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:11 PM   #116
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by strife87 View Post
I forgot about the red eyes I was so focused on the clothing...

That really throws out the headband swap argument... I think you could manage it on the bigger scale, even if you made the eyebrows less prominent, and you would have more room on the forehead to avoid it, but without the eyes what's the point?

Sculpted extra hands would definitely be better, but I'm wondering how cost effective it would be? I'd pay a little extra for one bada## statue that came with extra head and hands with a higher price to accommodate for the extras.

Would you be able to pin them in a way to hide the pins? I've never seen this, sounds long lasting, I was just thinking with kitana you can swap the hands and not see the lines, much like you could with ryu since he wears gloves.
I would think if the seam was at the base of the glove (below the thick wrist strap) the glove could somewhat overlap the skin thus hiding the pin area.

A magnet seam would have to go in the same place as the hand and wrist portion are all the same color.

Magnetic would be fine as well. I just worry about magnets years down the road.

At least with magnetic heads they also sit snugly atop the neck. I worry about arms/hands succumbing to gravity.

I'd definitely pay extra for swap out portrait and hands as well!
Old 07-05-2015, 09:29 PM   #117
strife87
Spider-Ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joppula View Post
I would think if the seam was at the base of the glove (below the thick wrist strap) the glove could somewhat overlap the skin thus hiding the pin area.

A magnet seam would have to go in the same place as the hand and wrist portion are all the same color.

Magnetic would be fine as well. I just worry about magnets years down the road.

At least with magnetic heads they also sit snugly atop the neck. I worry about arms/hands succumbing to gravity.

I'd definitely pay extra for swap out portrait and hands as well!
Well here's hoping we get something a lil different than reg ryu, but regardless he's gonna look great.

Best part of pcs, all their statues come out looking great, and in a few years he'll be displayed with akuma

I wonder if anyone here loaded up the pose Jerry had in mind when this thread started.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:59 PM   #118
Drakull
Sailor Moon

I totally disagree with the swap out head

Second head means detachement line on statue

I dont want this for a 700 bucks statue
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:13 AM   #119
Joppula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakull View Post
I totally disagree with the swap out head

Second head means detachement line on statue

I dont want this for a 700 bucks statue
Under his hair and below his chin line. This isn't a bald character so I don't think you'd see a seam.

No?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:20 AM   #120
Drakull
Sailor Moon

I am not at home, I ll show you my point of view, with example on new ryu 1/4
Drakull is offline   Reply With Quote