Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 06-02-2020, 06:04 PM   #321
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Sorry to read these troubles. From what I know of this guy, he has a serious gambling problem. I heard this from an ex-colleague of mine. He is friends/acquaintances with him... or whatever. Jae actually asked my friend if he could borrow some money at some point. I would never trust this guy.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 PM   #322
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I purchased two pieces last year from Jae. One 9 x 12 in black and white the other was 11 x 17” he did inks on and his wife did water colour over . Had zero issues with him . It took some time during summer con season I had to be patient but he delivered two beauties

I’ve had a bad experience recently with Larry Stroman and honesty with any commission sometimes it’s a crap shoot . Almost all of mine have gone without a hitch but patience is required for sure . I’m sorry that you had a bad experience with Jae. I was lucky I guess
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #323
Mean Green
Fantomah

Joshua Totillo (Jae Lee's rep and facilitator) just made a post on FB to contact him if you're owed anything from Jae. Looks like a sincere effort to right the ship. Copy of his post below - I'd suggest reaching out to him there; Good luck!

"What’s up group?

I’m Jae Lee’s rep and facilitatator.

If you’re owed any sort of commission from his please feel free to PM/IM me and we can get it sorted out for you straight away!
To anyone who may be owed work from him, I apologize in advance for any delays and inconveniences that you have have had during that time. I’m here to make it right and to help you receive whatever it is that he needs to give you.

I’m not here to bull---- you or run my mouth telling you false finish dates and such. I will get you what is owed in a timely fashion so people don’t have to feel a certain way about wanting to purchase art from Jae (when we decide to finally accept non remark commissions).

Once again, I apologize to anyone who may feel slighted or upset that they haven’t gotten their art yet. I am here to help right the ship and make sure things go smoothly from here on out.
Thank you all for taking the time to read this and feel free to PM me for any work currently owed out.

And hopefully people who were curious about new commissions made it this far reading wise, Jae is currently not accepting commissions for the foreseeable future and will only be doing a limited amount of sketches on blank comics sent to his to do in his downtime when not working on commissions owed or covers for current titles."
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #324
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

This sounds promising

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:03 PM   #325
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Thanks for sharing

CAF
Old 09-03-2020, 09:26 AM   #326
eblues31
Doh!

FYI Jae refunded me this week. Just shy of 3 years since I initially paid him, 20 months since his last email response and 3 months since I finally accepted I wasn’t going to get this commission and asked for a refund. The saga had ended.
eblues31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #327
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

That's absolutely insane. Glad you at least got your money back, but it wouldn't have killed him to just do the damn commission.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #328
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblues31 View Post
FYI Jae refunded me this week. Just shy of 3 years since I initially paid him, 20 months since his last email response and 3 months since I finally accepted I wasn’t going to get this commission and asked for a refund. The saga had ended.
Infuriating how this can go. I wonder what goes someone's mind during this.

For me you either

A) State unable to do it and immediately refund
B) Explain it will take a long time, refund, and contact back when ready to work

Is the plan really to frustrate people and make money through theft by deception?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:39 PM   #329
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasFerry View Post
The main thing is that you managed to get the money back, I have already lost all hopes for this and I think that it is absolutely useless.
read post 323

CAF
Old 10-08-2020, 05:15 PM   #330
syhau
Doh!

Anyone actually received anything since the involvement of his rep?
syhau is offline   Reply With Quote