Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #111
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
and as usually..release in 2099...lol...
Please finish the PF line before starts some life size and other dio...
but i'll buy it for sure..this one..regular for me..prefer the classic chunli outfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsta View Post
^You can't rush great art. Judging by Jerry's previous releases it's obvious he expects nothing but perfection not only from his team but also himself. If this doesn't release until 2014 so be it, as long as he brings every bit of it to life I don't mine waiting.

We pay $100's of dollars for these items, I don't want something cheap just because we rushed him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
Thats honorable and all...but realistically, there is no such thing as perfection...especially when you have to rely on mass produced products from factories.
The slow pace at which our statues are released are usually to do with my being a terribly picky art director, not other projects.

Granted, we have QC issues like every other company, but the pieces in general are, IMHO, better than most other companies statues.

It takes a lot of time to get things the way i want them. Some other companies are just looking to make as much money as quickly as possible.

Really think about...I know the market for SF, MK, etc is pretty big. I could throw out four times the number of statues I do every year and make four times as much money. But I dont. Why would I turn down all that money ?

Integrity of the art is the only plausible reason...and that takes time.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #112
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
The slow pace at which our statues are released are usually to do with my being a terribly picky art director, not other projects.

Granted, we have QC issues like every other company, but the pieces in general are, IMHO, better than most other companies statues.

It takes a lot of time to get things the way i want them. Some other companies are just looking to make as much money as quickly as possible.

Really think about...I know the market for SF, MK, etc is pretty big. I could throw out four times the number of statues I do every year and make four times as much money. But I dont. Why would I turn down all that money ?

Man I wish you had the marvel license
SNIKT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:14 PM   #113
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
Man I wish you had the marvel license
I couldnt imagine doing any better than Sideshow does on that...
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:34 PM   #114
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

^I wish you had the Dead or Alive or Ninja Gaiden license. I need a proper Ryu Hayabusa statue and the reviews for the 4first or whatever that company is called version of him are all bad... You guys would nail it.

Shoot, I don't even like Judge Dredd and after seeing your statue of him I wanted one!
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:39 PM   #115
SNIKT
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I love your work and love both street fighter and
Mortal kombat but can't afford to have them so I just stick to marvel.. I get a sense of a high quality from your product and never owned one.. The other thin is you take feedback from your consumers.. I think other people would agree with me.. And no disrespect to sideshow because I have some great pieces from them
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #116
ambasah
Red Skull

Quote:
I, and I would suggest many others, would disagree...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #117
Niero
U talkin' to me?

Quote:

That's why I consider that PCS is the BEST company in the market!!! You really care about the overall quality of your products and the fact that you came here and answer questions all the time proves how much you care.

Sideshow is a great company, but they are lacking with the QC and a lot o people, including myself, are really disappointed with the recent releases.

Btw, I was playing Soul Calicur V today, great game and incredible character design. I can only dream with a PCS line in 1/4 for this game. Siegfried, Astaroth, Cervantes, Nightmare and Ivy would make a hell of a display
Niero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 PM   #118
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Hopefully it will be batter then ryu Vs sagot. Doesn't like the way that one came out, maybe it could be batter .
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #119
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIKT View Post
I love your work and love both street fighter and
Mortal kombat but can't afford to have them so I just stick to marvel.. I get a sense of a high quality from your product and never owned one.. The other thin is you take feedback from your consumers.. I think other people would agree with me.. And no disrespect to sideshow because I have some great pieces from them
that is one of many reasons I am buying PCS statues.
Jerry listen to us and its a huge plus.
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:07 AM   #120
SNIKT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
that is one of many reasons I am buying PCS statues.
Jerry listen to us and its a huge plus.
I agree It's a tremendous plus for his business and his customers