Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 08-06-2018, 01:17 PM   #1
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

PCS cancellations - a plea for help

Guys,
you have all the right in the world to cancel your PCS orders but, please, would you keep it to yourself and stop creating panic?
It looks like a bank run here, every new person posting they cancelled their orders will be convincing more people to do so, and this domino effect will lower even more the chances of getting the final products for those who are still sticking with their pre-orders.
I have been waiting years for my statues to get released, and I'd like to eventually get them..the situation is already critical enough due to PCS management so, please, as a fellow collector I'd appreciate if you could tone the talking down a bit and avoid feeding the panic with your posts.

Thanks

Ps: no, I don't work for PCS, I'm not even in the US
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #2
MegatronG1
The X-Men

If it helps, I am still keeping my 1:3 Goro and Alpha Chun Li. Two pieces which I consider top tier in concept and character choice. Quality should be on par with the last several releases, thanks to Mr. Webster behind the scenes. It's a testament to PCS' anatomy sculpting ability that they took my attention from the competition for this long. But the business side of things faltered, while I ran out of space and interests shifted.

Without the pay in full discounts, PCS must compete now on the same playing field as Sideshow and Prime 1. That's tough, but given their knack for getting niche licenses, they'll survive.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #3
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I totally understand what your are saying Kagero and appreciate where you are coming from but i think honestly the fact that people are cancelling and getting results is a plus for PCS at this point...

I think it'll make people more comfortable with ordering PCS products through Sideshow and more confident that if they do change their mind that they not only get a result but it'll be handled in a proper time frame also.

I don't think there's any chance of PCS cancelling any of the statues completely that are coming at this point, so those of us who do want our products will get them and those who do want to cancel will get their money back.....and i do think a lot of these pieces will be picked up by people again once they actually come out, as lets face it PCS have been doing some very nice production pieces lately like Ultra Zangief.

The problem is as the moment that delays are rearing their heads again and at this point in time with so many pre-orders being put up and so many companies doing so many licenses everyone's patience is being tested.....

Like i say i think delays happening and people being able to cancel and get there money back quickly is a MUCH more POSITIVE situation that people cancelling and NOT getting their money back.

We will be hearing more people cancelling but a lot less people saying that PCS have stolen their money or scammed them and that's only a good thing imo.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:04 PM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm keeping my Chun Li 1/3 and Mileena 1/3 on order
I can't wait to see Sonja Blade
I look forward to seeing more from PCS in the future.

If (some) collectors want to get a refund, then fine. I don't see the point in going public about it.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

It is collectors that don't have the finance to buy statues,so they cancel one order to buy something else that they like but can't afford.
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 03:57 PM   #6
qz33
Rescue

Public hyperbolic discussion is not solely for the benefit nor detriment of any company nor should any company come to rely on it as PCS so had.

Cancels happen with EVERY company but if the company can't fulfill their end then it becomes public discussion. That is why is doesn't dominate discussions for other companies.

No one ever complained PCS was getting unsustainably hyped here before. There were never any threads advising against over inflating PCS but that is exactly what was allowed to happen.
Apart from pleas of unresponsiveness most cancel discussions have been centralized to topical discussion threads.

No one deserves to "get their statues" at the expense of anyone wishing to exercise their own rightful financial choices .

And here's the best lesson in all of it: if not for the continuous public discussion of the situation from those whom PCS was failing to meet both explicit and implicit consumer expectations it is unlikely anything would have changed and the cycle would have kept going as it had been.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 04:48 PM   #7
qz33
Rescue

And with that said I am keeping some orders.

It's not just the customers, PCS has changed massively since most of these orders were made.

Expected delivery dates, planned lines, planned direction of lines, art direction, character feasibility, abandonment by Jerry, art direction (no way Jerry would have shown that Sakura at a convention), better paints, new licenses, abandoned licenses and teasers, final delivered products ranging between jubilant and disappointment, etc.
Even as someone that has yet to ever sell a statue the current financial value of PCS statues matters as to if investing so much into these things is a wise use of money.
No one should be expected to put themselves in any financial disadvantage for the benefit of any company. If that results in some statues never seeing the light of day then so be it.

It ALL matters.

Making a separate thread concerning further discussion of cancellations may not be beneficial to the goal of directing attention elsewhere.
Old 08-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #8
Incrysis

Sub-Zero was delayed all the way to April 2019 and it was due in the fall. I still want it but they need to get things sorted out.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:24 PM   #9
kagero_no_mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It ALL matters.
Once a market is scared there's no room for fundamentals..fear will take everything with it, despite of all the good/bad changes you mentioned.

Also, nobody wants to preclude anyone's financial right to cancel. Cancel on, but, please, keep it for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I totally understand what your are saying Kagero and appreciate where you are coming from but i think honestly the fact that people are cancelling and getting results is a plus for PCS at this point...
Interesting perspective, I hope it'll turn out like you say.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #10
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagero_no_mai View Post
Once a market is scared there's no room for fundamentals..fear will take everything with it, despite of all the good/bad changes you mentioned.

Also, nobody wants to preclude anyone's financial right to cancel. Cancel on, but, please, keep it for yourself.

Interesting perspective, I hope it'll turn out like you say.
I'd say once the problem with cancels subsides so too will much of the discussion. Things are looking to be heading in the right direction but no one has successfully completed the entire cancel process yet and until that process again operates as expected by customers it will remain a point of discussion.

This whole situation is pretty unprecedented and people aren't going to feel anxiety and not discuss with others to see what else is going on apart from their own knowledge and experience.