Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 02-06-2010, 11:02 PM   #31
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

If you're too late, then this is what collectible is all about...having fun in searching for the ones you want.

However, we welcome another statue in a different stance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
I just got Zangief as my first SF 1/4 and he is amazing! I know it was mentioned in another thread that you want to do Ryu throwing a fireball (non museum style)...but is there really no hope of doing another museum style Ryu down the road? I'm late to the party and could see going all in on this line if I could pick up regular Ryu at a normal price someday. Surely there would be 300 people out there that would be interested in another shot at Ryu?
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:04 PM   #32
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopCultureShock View Post
Ill keep making SF characters as long as enough people buy them.

Right now the minimum number is 200 pcs. If the presales ever come in less than that the statue would get cancelled....as almost happened with Felicia. She was barely worth the trouble of going into production on.

Most companies need far more than 200 pcs to justify production. I am fortunate in that Im one of the few people in the biz that knows how to do everything from license to sculpt to sales to manufacture. Plus I work from my house.
I am really surprise that your MOQ is just for 200 Pieces. Doing things in China is always in the thousands or else they wont even entertain you. I've even seen your printed box and they rocks! I just cant imagine they doing anything less than 1000, unless your willing to pay big bucks. Still you do make awesome work! Cant wait for other PF to come out, and get my hand on a Akuma...
Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:47 PM   #33
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchy View Post
I just got Zangief as my first SF 1/4 and he is amazing! I know it was mentioned in another thread that you want to do Ryu throwing a fireball (non museum style)...but is there really no hope of doing another museum style Ryu down the road? I'm late to the party and could see going all in on this line if I could pick up regular Ryu at a normal price someday. Surely there would be 300 people out there that would be interested in another shot at Ryu?
Glad you like your Zangief...he came out great

I wouldnt say there is 'no hope'. If the line still has steam at the end of this year and I find that more people are joining in the fun then I will consider doing new versions of the early characters.

Chasing rare pieces is part of the fun of collecting, however not being able to get the main character in the series is a bit of a bummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
I am really surprise that your MOQ is just for 200 Pieces. Doing things in China is always in the thousands or else they wont even entertain you. I've even seen your printed box and they rocks! I just cant imagine they doing anything less than 1000, unless your willing to pay big bucks. Still you do make awesome work! Cant wait for other PF to come out, and get my hand on a Akuma...
Well i do pay more for low runs than other companies pay for high runs. But I like keeping the ES low and actually making these 'collectible' in more than just name. We all pay a little more up front for that exclusivity.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #34
nerdbane
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
I wouldnt say there is 'no hope'. If the line still has steam at the end of this year and I find that more people are joining in the fun then I will consider doing new versions of the early characters.

Chasing rare pieces is part of the fun of collecting, however not being able to get the main character in the series is a bit of a bummer.
Wow.

Part of the reason I've jumped into this line so heavily was because you've said over and over you won't revisit the characters you've already done, to maintain the collectibility afforded by low production runs. It ruined Bowen for me and I haven't bought any of his stuff since the faux bronze started coming out.

I really, really, really hope you keep this line limited as you've said you would in the past.
nerdbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #35
MinMay
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

the first regular Ryu is limited 500. having a different Ryu release is not going to harm anything to the first one. Keep in mind that the early statues were not produced by the best factory out there...

A fan will always be a fan...and i'm sure more people will welcome another Ryu in a different stance.

I don't want to see an identical first version in Faux Bronze that's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdbane View Post
Wow.

Part of the reason I've jumped into this line so heavily was because you've said over and over you won't revisit the characters you've already done, to maintain the collectibility afforded by low production runs. It ruined Bowen for me and I haven't bought any of his stuff since the faux bronze started coming out.

I really, really, really hope you keep this line limited as you've said you would in the past.
MinMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:17 AM   #36
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

If I ever revisited a character it would not be in the same pose. If anything it would make the first version more valuable.

But as I said right now there are no plans to do this
Old 02-07-2010, 01:24 AM   #37
Sinister Mister
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
My fav PF so far would be Shadaloo Cammy. Its the only one so far where there is nothing i want to change on it.
What is it that you would want to change about Zangief?

Also, when will the next Darkstalker be reveiled?
Sinister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:35 AM   #38
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Mister View Post
What is it that you would want to change about Zangief?

Also, when will the next Darkstalker be reveiled?
I wouldnt have had him crouched over as much and I was never 100% happy with the sculpture on the boots. I redid them twice.

Next Darkstalkers...gonna be a couple months.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:13 AM   #39
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Glad you like your Zangief...he came out great

Well i do pay more for low runs than other companies pay for high runs. But I like keeping the ES low and actually making these 'collectible' in more than just name. We all pay a little more up front for that exclusivity.

Ok, Jerry...

This makes sense to me!
If you make the runs limited, then it makes sense to me, to pay the extra $40-80. But if you change your mind and make them later with some different stance, then I would feel like this amount up front was not justified.

You have to be fair on both sides. But you also have to support your early adopters that got your company going and started this SF craze!
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 03:32 AM   #40
labanog
A day without sunshine is like... night.

hey Jerry, Just curious would Blanka be in the same price point as Zangief with the big base or would he fall in the same price point of Ryu and Ken? One last question being Chun-Li the only lady left on the list,is she already on the works maybe some teasers? Waiting for her the most after Guile hehe Would she be on the same scale as Cammy,so that it would look nice on the display for uniformity sake? Cammy looks petite beside Ken and Ryu,which make sense since she a lady
labanog is offline   Reply With Quote