Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 12-09-2021, 09:01 AM   #21
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

In my opinion Their last statue of this character wasn't very good so they are giving it another try
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:38 PM   #22
AC_808
Hercules

If only they were this quick in getting a comic classic Batman fully revealed. It seems like ages ago when they showed that silhouette of Bats.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 01:50 PM   #23
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

A statue that no one asked for.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #24
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Well I prefer a statue no one is asking for than a 15th spiderman or a 20th wolverine, etc…
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 12:54 PM   #25
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"COMING SOON:The Batman Who Laughs (Dark Nights: Death Metal) 1:4 Scale will be available for pre-order very soon! Stay tuned for more reveals!"

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:08 AM   #26
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Batman Who Laughs (Dark Nights: Death Metal) will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 1st June 2022 at 6p.m (SGT)! -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Comics Premium Collectibles statue, The Batman Who Laughs (Dark Nights: Death Metal)! XM has spared no effort to pull out all the stops for this art statue collectible. Sculpted from head-to-toe by acclaimed digital artist Jesse Sandifer and conceptualised by one of Europe’s greatest comic book artists Ricardo Federici with the XM Team, each statue is individually hand-painted, comes with XM’s famous quality finish, and is presented in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

Featuring The Batman Who Laughs standing upon a mosh pit of bone and flesh, this statue is an interpretive piece that was conceptualised to be an amalgamation of power, death, and unhinged insanity. The gruesome base of this statue features his minions uncomfortably stacked above crushed skulls within the void as they jostle outwards with bloodshot but empty wide-open white eyes and sharp claw-like fingers with bat-masks drawn over their heads. The Batman Who Laughs is seen standing over them in a triumphant pose, with a deranged smile upon his face as he holds onto his weapon, a bloody chain with a spiked ball at the end wrapped around his fingers. His visor, true to comics, now extends beyond his head in a crown-like manner, while he wears patina encrusted body armour that’s draped in a large black cape.

With this glaring juxtaposition between master and minion, Ricardo Federici and the XM Team intended to depict an evil being nearly at the height of his powers as he stands over everyone else. To The Batman Who Laughs, the minions who are by his feet are no different from one another, nor are their struggles of any concern to him, for they are merely a means to an end. Coupled with Jesse Sandifer’s clever use of texturing to interpret the concept drawing with unformed skin and muscle sinews on the minions and realistic fabric textures on The Batman Who Laughs, this interpretive piece is brought to life by XM in this 1:4 scale art statue collectible – a treat for pop culture and fine art collectors alike."

XM Studios Facebook

Old 05-31-2022, 06:08 AM   #27
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- The Batman Who Laughs (Dark Nights: Death Metal) will be ready for Pre-Order tomorrow, 1st June 2022 at 6p.m (SGT) -

"XM Studios is excited to present our next DC Comics Premium Collectibles statue, The Batman Who Laughs (Dark Nights: Death Metal)! XM has spared no effort to pull out all the stops for this art statue collectible. Sculpted from head-to-toe by acclaimed digital artist Jesse Sandifer and conceptualised by one of Europe’s greatest comic book artists Ricardo Federici with the XM Team, each statue is individually hand-painted, comes with XM’s famous quality finish, and is presented in a bold, dynamic, and story-laden style.

Featuring The Batman Who Laughs standing upon a mosh pit of bone and flesh, this statue is an interpretive piece that was conceptualised to be an amalgamation of power, death, and unhinged insanity. The gruesome base of this statue features his minions uncomfortably stacked above crushed skulls within the void as they jostle outwards with bloodshot but empty wide-open white eyes and sharp claw-like fingers with bat-masks drawn over their heads. The Batman Who Laughs is seen standing over them in a triumphant pose, with a deranged smile upon his face as he holds onto his weapon, a bloody chain with a spiked ball at the end wrapped around his fingers. His visor, true to comics, now extends beyond his head in a crown-like manner, while he wears patina encrusted body armour that’s draped in a large black cape.

With this glaring juxtaposition between master and minion, Ricardo Federici and the XM Team intended to depict an evil being nearly at the height of his powers as he stands over everyone else. To The Batman Who Laughs, the minions who are by his feet are no different from one another, nor are their struggles of any concern to him, for they are merely a means to an end. Coupled with Jesse Sandifer’s clever use of texturing to interpret the concept drawing with unformed skin and muscle sinews on the minions and realistic fabric textures on The Batman Who Laughs, this interpretive piece is brought to life by XM in this 1:4 scale art statue collectible – a treat for pop culture and fine art collectors alike."

XM Studios Facebook

Old 05-31-2022, 11:07 AM   #28
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

This is a really awesome looking piece. My only gripe is his head size. Looks way too small for that body.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:11 PM   #29
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
This is a really awesome looking piece. My only gripe is his head size. Looks way too small for that body.
I agree, it looks awesome outside the head size.

I won't be buying it at the prices they want but I do really like it. It's a shame all these metal 1/4 pieces are so expensive.... I'd have bought into all of them if they were more in line with other quarter scale prices but just can't justify it on a line with very little exposure and so niche.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:23 AM   #30
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
They could have made Ra's, Clayface, or the Riddler. No, let's go with the Batman who plays guitar in Cradle of Filth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah the Metal stuff to me is largely ?eh? as well. Some cool concepts, like the idea of evil multiverse Batmen joining together sounds cool on paper, and I think most of their character designs are cool, but the execution of their use wasn?t the best.

I only read the main minis though, not the slew of tie ins, one shots, spin offs, etc, which I know have backstories and immersed readers more into the lore. I find that to be a huge problem with a lot of cross over books. The main series is bare bones, incomplete or spastic if you don?t pick up the side books which give more detail and sense to what?s going on.

The only consistent DC book I read monthly is ?Batman? and funny enough neither Metal series has affected ?Batman? at all. It?s all completely ignorable. I did enjoy the Wonder Woman arc though that came from Death Metal.
Batman who laughs comic was a bit better at least i thought than most the dark metal nights saga.

Part of reading dark metal nights did seem hugely like "these would make cool toys/statues, lets write a story about them" Rather than "We have a great story to tell"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah that?s even beating Sideshow, I thought it was bad enough they repeat characters when the last version is still in stock but XM said ?hold my beer? and pulled this double whammy on a character that nobody was checking for more of.

So 2 BWLs for PO at the same time from XM at the same time Sideshow?s is in Pre Orders, that?s THREE of this guy on the way between both companies, meanwhile we STILL don?t have one comic book Nightwing at all smh.
I'd take a Nightwing over any version of BWL, i'm still sad we don't have one. The sales for this series must have been big for them so they thought it would pass down to sells in statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
A statue that no one asked for.
I'm not sure if DC was forcing it down or XM is just a huge fan of the metal series ? I mean whoever is in the back at DC licensing must be the same person who licenses bad DC movies lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Well I prefer a statue no one is asking for than a 15th spiderman or a 20th wolverine, etc?
Well 15th or 20th Wolverine would sell more than this one to be honest. Not saying that other characters shouldn't be done.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote