Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #421
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Yeah, blame the customer for not displaying the statue 'right' lol

Some people on this board might say that, but Tweeterhead would never be that...uh, 'anti-customer' we'll call it.
I ended up getting my comeuppance sooner than I expected, as I was just arguing (gently I thought) in another thread that owners should be willing to invest time and effort into proper placement and lighting so as to mitigate issues with a given piece

Ironically, the subject there was another WW statue, no less.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #422
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I ended up getting my comeuppance sooner than I expected, as I was just arguing (gently I thought) in another thread that owners should be willing to invest time and effort into proper placement and lighting so as to mitigate issues with a given piece

Ironically, the subject there was another WW statue, no less.

Guess Wonder Woman brings out the worst in us.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 09:54 PM   #423
Kebron
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Give me a break. Now, it's the collectors fault because some collectors may not want to display the piece at a certain height? Sorry, sounds like you just want to pick an argument.
When the collector displays it in such a way then they way it should be yes.

Think about it, everyone is praising it when displayed the way it was designed, however put it at a angle it wasn’t designed for people are complaining how boneheaded it was to not take how “they” want to display it into account. Every statue has a bad angle.

I’m not picking a fight. Just pointing out the “company” isn’t always the one at fault when it comes to display choices.
Kebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:06 PM   #424
pdenham
Teen Titans

It was boneheaded because there were at least two other ways they could have done a swap out there, if they absolutely positively just had to offer two different bodice emblems, Either one would have been absolutely invisible, or nearly invisible, no matter what angle or height it was displayed.

Instead, they chose an area that will always betray a seam break.

It's statue design 101- hide your seams, don't highlight them.

I'm sorry that it comes down to this. Chad went the extra mile, above and beyond, with options for the EX with this. But for me, and a few others, it's going to fail on a more fundamental, easily avoided, level.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:12 PM   #425
Kebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegaplex View Post
Yeah, blame the customer for not displaying the statue 'right' lol

Some people on this board might say that, but Tweeterhead would never be that...uh, 'anti-customer' we'll call it.
Is the company at fault if you display a statue at such a angle that it makes it look bad? Or if you put in a dark area and that causes the colors to become muted? Eyelevel or below the statue is gorgeous, the problem isn’t the statue but how the customer displayed it IMO.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #426
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebron View Post
Is the company at fault if you display a statue at such a angle that it makes it look bad? Or if you put in a dark area and that causes the colors to become muted? Eyelevel or below the statue is gorgeous, the problem isn’t the statue but how the customer displayed it IMO.
Why bother making a statue, then? Just create a flat 2D print.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:23 PM   #427
Kebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
It was boneheaded because there were at least two other ways they could have done a swap out there, if they absolutely positively just had to offer two different bodice emblems, Either one would have been absolutely invisible, or nearly invisible, no matter what angle or height it was displayed.

Instead, they chose an area that will always betray a seam break.

It's statue design 101- hide your seams, don't highlight them.

I'm sorry that it comes down to this. Chad went the extra mile, above and beyond, with options for the EX with this. But for me, and a few others, it's going to fail on a more fundamental, easily avoided, level.
Ever think there might be other factors involved in why they chose to go that route? Sorry it didn’t work out for you but to insult them because they didn’t make the statue the exact way you would of liked it so you can display it the exact way you want to comes off as kind of entitled.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:27 PM   #428
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

LMAO now people are entitled for wanting a statue without an unsightly neck seam. Lord.

Blocked. I've already had enough of you.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:31 PM   #429
Kebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Why bother making a statue, then? Just create a flat 2D print.
Even a 2d print you have to take angles, lighting, and display options into consideration. Sure you can just throw it in a frame and hang it on a random wall, but would you get mad at the artist if the art suddenly looked bad from glare or appeared to dark? What if the colors looked bad cause they didn’t match you walls?

We are talking about the statue having a seam when displayed higher then eye level. Everyone agrees it looks great at eye level and below, seems like a no brained to me, display it at eye level or below. Still looks great.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:33 PM   #430
Kebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
LMAO now people are entitled for wanting a statue without an unsightly neck seam. Lord.

Blocked. I've already had enough of you.
Doesn’t have a neck seam if it’s displayed correctly. Sorry a simple spoliation seems so beyond your ability to enjoy a statue.