Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #11
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Whether you like the way Marvel is making their movies or not, people like the continuity and connecting world idea. DC just seems to be jumping all over the place and just confusing everything.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:50 PM   #12
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Like a lot of the proposed DC projects out there I'll believe this one when I see it move into production.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 03:28 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
Not sure if this was for my benefit, but I did read it. It says nothing of Batman's appearance or lack of nor does it dispute the separation of the Batman universe like Venom.

How do you announce a Joker film without mentioning Batfleck's role, or Batman for that matter. Was it left out on accident, is it stirring the pot, is he (Affleck) not in it... Are we gonna see a younger Batman, another actor? In the end how do you have a Joker Origins w/no Batman... Batman made the Joker.

How can one bring in a "younger" Joker when Leto isn't that old and totally change his appearance w/o making it appear irrelevant.

My point with regard to "mess" refers to this rush to compete with Marvel's head start and forcing so many things into fruition. Not to mention castings, character development or lack of, timelines, design choices, etc.
Nope, that was my own reaction after reading it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
its literally impossible to have a joker origin movie without batman unless they try to reinvent the wheel with this and completely f_ck it up

only way this makes any sense not being leto is if theyre setting up an alternate universe to realign flashpoint with but i dont see that going well either. a stand alone joker movie that has nothing to do with the DCEU is pretty stupid imo, even though i strongly dislike the DCEU joker
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefixit2 View Post
Whether you like the way Marvel is making their movies or not, people like the continuity and connecting world idea. DC just seems to be jumping all over the place and just confusing everything.
Agreed
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:20 AM   #14
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

First look at the Joker.
http://www.justjared.com/2018/09/16/...ndalone-movie/
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:20 AM   #15
SONICobra
Bane

i think it looks promising

still dont understand what the plans are with this joker or what the point is unless they are replacing leto

dc is such a mess right now
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 11:50 AM   #16
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

They could put white makeup and lipstick on a donkey give it a green tie and it would be a better Joker than the Leto version.
I'm curious as to how Phoenix will play him. Either way DC will find some way to ruin this movie as sure as I'm sitting here.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:16 PM   #17
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
i think it looks promising

still dont understand what the plans are with this joker or what the point is unless they are replacing leto

dc is such a mess right now
It appears the film takes place in the late 70’s or early 80’s based on the set video currently on Twitter. It’s an interesting watch.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 08:45 AM   #18
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I no longer have faith in DC after the whole Cavill fiasco came to fruition. I honestly believe someone is sabotaging the content. I mean really, how do f up these things that already have decades of source material.
I also think theres some sjw politics involved.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #19
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Looks like DC is setting up the Three Jokers storyline. Brilliant planning, this was the plan all along starting with Heath.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:44 PM   #20
SONICobra
Bane

You guys see the "test makeup" footage? Looks ridiculous of coarse, i assume thats not the final look

I still dont understand the whole premise of this movie, a joker movie without batman is just a creepy clown movie
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote